Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only me that gets a bit frustrated with stuff being moved out of here all the time? Some I do agree, but a lot I don't

We got the Elon V12 demo, a lot of talk on it, we all agree it's one of the big futures for Tesla, yet it's off topic on a investment thread?

I don't know for others, but a lot of other threads are completely overrun by those who don't think a lot of what Tesla is planning to do will come to fruition, TSLAQ and what not that I don't even bother to go there

And this message is on topic and shouldn't have been a PM because it's directly related to discussing Tesla and TSLA
I thought it was was most relevant content relating to TSLA's investment prospects I have seen on here in a while.

I thought it was was most relevant content relating to TSLA's investment prospects I have seen on here in a while.

Many FSD posts that got moved were about technical details which, given the 0 to 2 likes they got, hardly anyone appreciates or even understands. There were as many attempts to be funny. It’s very hard for this board to stay focussed as soon as FSD is being discussed.

We just had another bunch of posts about FSD coming to hardware 4.0 sooner than expected. That’s relevant to investors, so I left them here. But I’m sure that when left unreigned we’ll get three more pages of people repeating what has just been said or speculated on.

Edit: the moved posts are still in the investor section and can easily be found and discussed. Not everything needs to be in the main thread.

A nice graph from Roland Pircher to go with that

IMG_6350.jpeg

From his post

Only me that gets a bit frustrated with stuff being moved out of here all the time? Some I do agree, but a lot I don't

We got the Elon V12 demo, a lot of talk on it, we all agree it's one of the big futures for Tesla, yet it's off topic on a investment thread?

I don't know for others, but a lot of other threads are completely overrun by those who don't think a lot of what Tesla is planning to do will come to fruition, TSLAQ and what not that I don't even bother to go there

And this message is on topic and shouldn't have been a PM because it's directly related to discussing Tesla and TSLA
FWIW I would be in favor of fewer posts being moved to other threads, and more total-nuking of posts that are just jokes or memes, but YMMV.

The newcomers — Canada, Australia, Spain, Thailand and Hungary — join a cohort that also includes the US, China and most of Western Europe. The trajectory laid out by these early adopters shows how EVs can surge from 5% to 25% of new cars in just four years.

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 8.53.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 9.25.37 AM.png

Last edited:

Better to not think about it. "It's Chinatown, Jake".

For all you Canucks .. what is is going on in Canada? -9% in 1H23???
View attachment 969200
It could have to do with the switch from Canada getting Fremont made vehicles to getting Giga Shanghai made vehicles, while at the same time reducing available options. (Like no white interior for quite a while.)

The newcomers — Canada, Australia, Spain, Thailand and Hungary — join a cohort that also includes the US, China and most of Western Europe. The trajectory laid out by these early adopters shows how EVs can surge from 5% to 25% of new cars in just four years.

View attachment 969202
US??? Ah - US reached 5% EV's in late 2021 according to the Bloomburg story.

Last edited:
Reactions: elasalle
View attachment 969200

Disclaimer: I live in a different but also popular among the Moose country.

Probably what Tesla does every quarter. Send a larger percentage of cars made to some countries. And therefore a lower percentage to others. To the reasons why one can only speculate. Transport cost and capacity probably is one of the many factors Tesla considers. And relative profit level per country I'd think.

It's the IRA messing with Tesla vehicle supply from Fremont. We're only now starting to get MiC inventory, which was further delayed by a dock-workers strike at the Port of Vancouver, B.C.

Disclaimer: I live in a different but also popular among the Moose country.

Do tell. ;)

moose-warning-sign.jpg