Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we know if these data are finally allowing Tesla to green light to ramp up production?
With ramp up, I mean at least 1 Semi per day, instead of 1 per month.
IIRC, the real ramp up (10'000 per year) will arrive in 2025.

Don't think so, looks like they haven't even started working on the actual production line, might need the building expansion to start, or might not since Megapack lines got taken down, so there might be room

Last info is that Tesla is making a second pilot line that is more automated

oof what a crappy, misleading chart. the lines represent a percent of a cumulative amount, which massively skews the degree to which CA (and to a lesser degree Tesla) are dominating in the most recent years of the chart. It'd be far more informative to show percentage of sales by year, rather than the very weird cumulative total percent.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Does anyone remember if this is a reduction from previous 2030 predicts from Baron? I consider him a hyper-bull, yet I am expecting more by 2030....

Billionaire investor Ron Baron says Elon Musk's Tesla could hit a $4 trillion valuation​

In my notes I have a "2T valuation by 2030" made by Ron ca Oct 14th of 2020.

Do we know if these data are finally allowing Tesla to green light to ramp up production?
Yeah volume production is supposed to be happening at a Giga Nevada expansion and I don't believe that has even started yet, and then Tesla has applied for funding for a Semi charging corridor that would also need to be built. Whether one corridor is enough to justify volume production, or whether more is in the works, or other plans have changed, who knows.

A semi a day does nothing for Tesla. They might deliver a few more semis somewhere that experiences a real winter to get some data but continuous production is unlikely until the real line and its cell supply are ready.

Tesla sales "Need to branch out" is the point below from Bloomberg. Starting to happen, but California is slacking. 👀

"For EVs to become truly mainstream across the US, and for the Detroit auto industry to survive the transition, markets need to branch out. That’s starting to happen geographically, with California losing some of its US EV share to states like Texas, Florida, Washington and New Jersey. Tesla, however, is still very much in the driver’s seat, responsible for 61% of EVs ever sold in the US."
This is just silly, California isn't "losing share" to other states, other states are just buying more EV's than they were before.

The next article linked below shows that California EV sales are still increasing at a rapid pace:

This is just silly, California isn't "losing share" to other states, other states are just buying more EV's than they were before.

The next article linked below shows that California EV sales are still increasing at a rapid pace:

Did I take the bait? Oh well. was only trying to elaborate on a cryptic link shared prior. Maybe should del…
Poof!

Reactions: Skryll

Perhaps the author was confused by all the dumb articles and analysts claiming Tesla is "losing EV market share" as though that artificial metric matters when Tesla is simultaneously increasing sales and gaining share in the total auto market.

Best I can tell, the misguided argument (using wrong numbers just to illustrate) is that when Tesla sold 480,000 EV's per year, and everybody else combined sold 20,000 EVs, Tesla had a 96% Market Share!

But now, Tesla is selling 1,500,000 EVs per year, and everybody else combined is selling 500,000. Tesla now only has a 75% market share and is clearly in catastrophic freefall!

Does anyone remember if this is a reduction from previous 2030 predicts from Baron? I consider him a hyper-bull, yet I am expecting more by 2030....

Billionaire investor Ron Baron says Elon Musk's Tesla could hit a $4 trillion valuation​

A lot has to go right to get a 5X in 7 years.

In my notes I have a "2T valuation by 2030" made by Ron ca Oct 14th of 2020.
Mid-Oct 2020 TSLA had approximately $450bn in market cap; now approximately double that.

I'm going to join those two data and say Mr B has maintained a $3T "possible" mark by 2030, plus or minus $1T.

Mid-Oct 2020 TSLA had approximately $450bn in market cap; now approximately double that.

I'm going to join those two data and say Mr B has maintained a $3T "possible" mark by 2030, plus or minus $1T.
Can we project a share price from this, if the market applies a 20 or 30 multiple?
(Stupid question probably but I don’t know how to do this)