Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the longest battery warranty now (from any manufacturer on any car battery)?

Haha, well I don't know about the longest warranty in the business, but I do know that Hyundai/KIA will void the warranty on your EV if you don't pay for a dealer to do a ~$700 "battery coolant change" every 36 mths... sounds like a scammy way to weasel out of their bty warranty:
hqdefault.jpg

<<Facepalm>>

Last edited:
Another (small) customer for Supercharger network (maybe the right people to attract to Tesla vehicles though):

How does tesla make money off these agreements. Does the other company agree to help with new station construction? Higher rates for non teslas?

Another one bites dust . . . .

Do we really want British automotive electron
Higher usage of the network and monthly subscription to pay the same price as Tesla owners
Pretty sure we do not want cars with British electronics attached to any system our cars are hooked into. Could take down the entire Supercharger network, fry all the charging Teslas etc.

Haha, well I don't know about the longest warranty in the business, but I do know that Hyundai/KIA will void the warranty on your EV if you don't pay for a dealer to do a ~$700 "battery coolant change" every 36 mths... sounds like a scammy way to weasel out of their bty warranty:
hqdefault.jpg

<<Facepalm>>

Can't speak to Canada- but that kind of tying is not legal in the US.

If you REQUIRE a specific service be done by the dealership to maintain the warranty (rather than being allowed to do it yourself or have a 3rd party do it) then it must be free.

Pretty sure we do not want cars with British electronics attached to any system our cars are hooked into. Could take down the entire Supercharger network, fry all the charging Teslas etc.

Suddenly I had flashbacks to that 74 Triumph Bonneville... (the only motorcycle I've ever owned where I found myself routinely asking to borrow a soldering iron at a gas station)

...then, I flashed forward to imagine a "Supercharger" engineered by Lucas (The Prince of Darkness)

Now I have to sell a share and go buy some Jameson in order to self-medicate and address the PTSD I am experiencing.

Thanks, for the memories. /s

Last edited:
Higher usage of the network and monthly subscription to pay the same price as Tesla owners
Elon said that partner OEM EV owners won't pay more than Tesla owners, no subscription requried. But higher utilization of the network should reduce the costs for everyone and bring in more money to allow the network to expand faster.

Elon said that partner OEM EV owners won't pay more than Tesla owners, no subscription requried. But higher utilization of the network should reduce the costs for everyone and bring in more money to allow the network to expand faster.

In Europe it´s higher price or subscription, regardless what Elon said..

IMG_DEE0E67DF9E6-1.jpeg

In Europe it´s higher price or subscription, regardless what Elon said..
Well, there are no partner OEMs/vehicles in Europe, so what he said doesn't apply to you there. (The partner OEMs are ones that adopt NACS. And the deal doesn't start until they make adapters available next Spring.)

I guess it will be interesting to see if the partnership carries over to European vehicles made by NACS partners, but I doubt it.

At the moment the I-Pace is built in Austria by Magna Steyr, so no worry about infamous Lucas, Prince of Darkness. Anyway they're Indian, not Bristish anyway, aren't they? 😇 For the record my two products from those owners both were very reliable, and XK8 and a Land Rover Freelander2. Of course all that was pre-Tesla so I know nothing about their obscenely overpriced BEVs.

I have aked you before…
Source? I do not think that is a precise quote (nor a necessary interpretation of what has actually been stated by the parties themselves).

So the other auto manufacturers pay or do not pay a fee for joining the tesla network?
From what we have heard the OEMs only have to sign an agreement, with something like 40 technical conditions they have to meet, to become a NACS partner. They don't pay Tesla anything directly.

And that agreement makes it so that their customers will be able to use the North American V3+ Supercharger network at the same prices as Tesla owners pay once adapters are available next year, and after new vehicles start shipping with NACS ports in 2025.

But we haven't seen any of the actual agreements.

I'm pretty sure than RJ, CEO of Rivian, said that Rivian will actually handle billing for the Rivian owners Supercharger usage and Rivian will in turn pay Tesla. (I might have to look for that quote again to verify.)

At the moment the I-Pace is built in Austria by Magna Steyr, so no worry about infamous Lucas, Prince of Darkness. Anyway they're Indian, not Bristish anyway, aren't they? 😇 For the record my two products from those owners both were very reliable, and XK8 and a Land Rover Freelander2. Of course all that was pre-Tesla so I know nothing about their obscenely overpriced BEVs.
Even the ghost of Lucas is lethal.
The i-Pace is such a pretty vehicle.... but it’s not even faintly close to being competitive with either the Y or X, and in fact is so far from showing any attributes that suggest Jag will close the gap that this is the one OEM that, humor aside, makes the most sense for Elon to let latch on to supercharging.

Reactions: petit_bateau
Even the ghost of Lucas is lethal.
The i-Pace is such a pretty vehicle.... but it’s not even faintly close to being competitive with either the Y or X, and in fact is so far from showing any attributes that suggest Jag will close the gap that this is the one OEM that, humor aside, makes the most sense for Elon to let latch on to supercharging.
I-Pace is going away...

Suddenly I had flashbacks to that 74 Triumph Bonneville... (the only motorcycle I've ever owned where I found myself routinely asking to borrow a soldering iron at a gas station)

...then, I flashed forward to imagine a "Supercharger" engineered by Lucas (The Prince of Darkness)

Now I have to sell a share and go buy some Jameson in order to self-medicate and address the PTSD I am experiencing.

Thanks, for the memories. /s
On a similar (and equally off topic) note, reminds me of the one I heard years ago. Why do the British drink warm beer? Lucas refrigerators.