Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA, remember accounts for >50% of that short interest, and even that data does not count most of the fails. The SEC actually does not get it all, but that data delves into deeply proprietary sources, for good reasons to them.

Thanks for the old college try ol' chap, but I prefer to get my information about the SEC from the /SEC. :p

dog eatz dog.png

(Linked post has 1.9M Views and 4,975 Likes... it's like people know they can't trust the SEC)

#SECDUEURJOB

And

1697552188170.png

A Cybertruck also makes a pretty good commuter vehicle.

A recreational activity that only happens on average once per year may still be an important factor in a buying decision. Towing the boat on the holiday isn't considered optional.

The real issue is of CT matches the performance of a ICE vehicle well enough to satisfy prospective customers.

I tend to think of vehicle value being an X-Y graph of usage frequency and criticality. If you have a usage that requires a specific vehicle's capabilities, it may be warranted, even if the frequency is low. The further away from the origin in either axis, the more the need for a vehicle for a task that only it can accomplish is justified:

1697552186423.png

No thanks. The last thing you want is an unfamiliar vehicle on unfamiliar roads with a heavy load or trailer. Not to mention questionable maintenance.
Also not to mention it's actually really hard to find a rental that's equipped for towing (tow hitches are typically removed even if stock and definitely not wired for brake controllers) and even then you're probably uninsured and violating your rental agreement.

Also not to mention it's actually really hard to find a rental that's equipped for towing (tow hitches are typically removed even if stock and definitely not wired for brake controllers) and even then you're probably uninsured and violating your rental agreement.
Hmmm. Every time I rented from Uhaul the pickup had a hitch.

Sorry for continuing off topic here...

Yes, Uhaul is pretty much the exception (and you pay $0.60/mile). However try getting a crew cab to bring passengers from Uhaul or try getting something that can tow from Hertz, Budget, Avis, Enterprise, Alamo, Dollar, Fox, National, Sixt, Thrifty, etc.

This happened across the street from my house 5 years ago. It melted the vinyl siding of my neighbor's house. My Model 3 was delivered a few weeks before this incident, also my backyard neighbor's garage (not an ev) burned down two weeks before I received my Model 3. I took all of that as a good omen. 😳

Attachments

• 20180811_181718_004.jpg
    20180811_181718_004.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 94

DETROIT – General Motors said Tuesday it is delaying production of all-electric trucks at a Michigan plant by at least a year to “better manage capital investments” and implement improvements in an effort to make the new EVs more profitable.

GM now plans to begin construction of its next-generation EVs at Orion Assembly in suburban Detroit by late-2025, instead of next year. The factory currently produces the Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV, which GM will cease producing at the end of this year.

BMW Adopts NACS.

Holdouts: Toyota, VW, Mazda, Stellantis, Lucid

DETROIT – General Motors said Tuesday it is delaying production of all-electric trucks at a Michigan plant by at least a year to “better manage capital investments” and implement improvements in an effort to make the new EVs more profitable.

GM now plans to begin construction of its next-generation EVs at Orion Assembly in suburban Detroit by late-2025, instead of next year. The factory currently produces the Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV, which GM will cease producing at the end of this year.
1697565238391.png

You led Mary and it matters.

BMW Adopts NACS.

Holdouts: Toyota, VW, Mazda, Stellantis, Lucid

I’m mostly annoyed the name was changed to NACS. I feel everyone should have to live with the embarrassment of being unadulteratedly wrong, laughing, mocking Tesla from the start. Too easy for people to conveniently *forget* it’s Tesla’s standard. But that’s just me.