Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DETROIT – General Motors said Tuesday it is delaying production of all-electric trucks at a Michigan plant by at least a year to “better manage capital investments” and implement improvements in an effort to make the new EVs more profitable.

GM now plans to begin construction of its next-generation EVs at Orion Assembly in suburban Detroit by late-2025, instead of next year. The factory currently produces the Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV, which GM will cease producing at the end of this year.
This speaks for itself...

Silverado.png

I’m mostly annoyed the name was changed to NACS. I feel everyone should have to live with the embarrassment of being unadulteratedly wrong, laughing, mocking Tesla from the start. Too easy for people to conveniently *forget* it’s Tesla’s standard. But that’s just me.
In all seriousness, I think Tesla needs to get more out of this deal. Elon said something about aiming for a 20% margin on Superchargers I think. With the trouble Tesla and us investors have gone through, I'd like to see them goose that to 25-30%. Elon has my investment to look out for, after all :).

In all seriousness, I think Tesla needs to get more out of this deal. Elon said something about aiming for a 20% margin on Superchargers I think. With the trouble Tesla and us investors have gone through, I'd like to see them goose that to 25-30%. Elon has my investment to look out for, after all :).
Um. What with all the newbies lining up for the Oklahoma Land Rush Charge towards the Tesla Charging Network, having cash to build Even More Supercharges, faster, would be a good idea. So we don't end up with ridiculously long lines at overcrowded SCs.

This "margin" of which you speak. Is this money before or after building more Superchargers?

The gait does seem better than what Tesla has managed so far, but I have no idea as to the rest.

Collection of earnings estimates (non GAAP adj EPS):

JamesCat: $0.70
Gary Black: $0.72
DarkandStormy: $0.73
Wall Street Consensus: $0.74
MattchasmMatt: $0.81

Funny, the retail estimates average to exactly the WS number..

Still waiting for Troy, says is going to publically post his estimate today. Rob Maurer doing an earnings preview in today´s epsiode.
Has anyone seen the company compiled estimates from analysts, when does that usually come out and where?
Update (with Troy and lower WS consensus now below all estimates, making beat more likely)

Wall Street Consensus: $0.70 according to yahoo
JamesCat: $0.70
TroyTeslike: $0.71
Gary Black: $0.72
DarkandStormy: $0.73
MattchasmMatt: $0.81

Last edited:
Just got update saying "free one year premium internet subscription expired" for vehicle purchased in Dec.

Looks like more and more customers will start having to enroll for monthly, annual subscription plans ... so another revenue stream, but will likely go unnoticed for a while ...
..add to insurance, SuperCharger & Services ... and did they say app store ...

Saw this informative post on reddit

[–]raptorman556

"That brings the list of NACS adopters (with their EV market share through the first 9 months of this year) to:
  • Tesla - 56.5%
  • Hyundai-Kia - 7.8%
  • GM - 6.4%
  • Ford - 5.3%
  • Rivian - 4.2%
  • BMW Group - 3.8%
  • Mercedes - 3.4%
  • Nissan - 1.8%
  • Volvo - 1.3%
  • Polestar - 1.0%
  • Fisker - 0.1%
  • Honda - 0%
  • Jaguar - 0.0%
This group made up more than 91% of EV sales so far this year."

"The list of NACS hold-outs is:
  • VW Group - 5.7%
  • Toyota Group - 1.0%
  • Lucid - 0.5%
  • Stellantis - 0%
  • Subaru - 0.7%
  • Mitsubishi - 0%
  • Mazda - 0.0%
  • VinFast - 0.2%
VW is the only significant player left in the hold-out group. It seems like just a matter of time until the remainder switch. Some of them are likely in no rush since they don't sell any BEVs yet."

BMW Adopts NACS.

Holdouts: Toyota, VW, Mazda, Stellantis, Lucid

Holdouts also include Volkswagen. The Volkswagen that plead guilty to conspiracy to cheat Emissions tests and fined billions including $2B that went towards Electrify America chargers. When Volkswagen capitulates and joins NACS it will be poetic justice.

So we have by volume, the two largest auto makers in the World (Toyota and Volkswagen) that are holdouts for NACS. Tesla can reach their 20M unit sales goal by 2030 by only displacing both of them.

Just got update saying "free one year premium internet subscription expired" for vehicle purchased in Dec.

Looks like more and more customers will start having to enroll for monthly, annual subscription plans ... so another revenue stream, but will likely go unnoticed for a while ...
..add to insurance, SuperCharger & Services ... and did they say app store ...
My Model 3 purchased 3 weeks ago only came with 30 days free Premium Connectivity. I already renewed for the first year for $100.

Cybertruck will reinforce the image of Tesla as a company that does things nobody else can do.

For a stock like TSLA, this not only matters, it's ultimately all that matters.
Couldn't disagree more. How Tesla is perceived is almost entirely irrelevant in the long run. What Tesla does is precisely what matters. Ultimately. Both company and stock. What you have written is profoundly wrong.

I’d be happier if the person/people who refused to make Tesla’s charging standard standard - back when Tesla lobbied to have it as the standard and were turned down - were named and publicly flogged; for starters.

I think is was back around 2013 that Tesla told us they were denied, so at least an entire decade delay because stupid, crooked, or both.