Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect that's Tesla's strategy here... be sure to extract the maximum amount of money from whoever in the queue is willing to pay it, because there's WAY more reservations than they can fulfill for quite a while.
Intentional or not that is what happened with both the 3 and Y. Ask me how I know. 😛

Honestly Tesla should be calling the launch and maybe the 1st X,000 deliveries as some special release and have some special badging or coloring of something.
Like a Launch Edition sort of thing?

People who think $100k for a tri-motor EV truck like this must have been reeling when the Model S and X Plaid were $136k and $139k lol

And they will be reeling again if the CT launches at 100k and then drops to 80k in 2 years.
Going further off on a tangent considering this pricing is currently just a rumor, but hopefully this strategy is effectively communicated so we don't end up with Gary Black tweeting about how $20,000 in price cuts * 250,000 units is $5billion in lost revenue

Reactions: kbM3 and Ratanpara
And they will be reeling again if the CT launches at 100k and then drops to 80k in 2 years.
Perhaps there should be an "Early Adopter" disclaimer:

If you want to be the first one to have anything new,
you will always pay more for it than will someone who waits to buy it later.
Please prepare yourself now for this eventuality.​

See stuff like this every day on content aggregator sites
So, what? Really.

This stuff appears on EVERY topic in the world. This isn’t new and advertising doesn’t fix it. The vast majority of people will believe whatever is convenient for them.

I literally just had a discussion with someone who proudly linked media articles on a topic and suggested I do the same to refute ‘the evidence’. So I provided a link to the source; the actual company information page. And you know what the person said to me? You can’t believe what a company says about themselves or their product. 🤦‍♀️

Honestly Tesla should be calling the launch and maybe the 1st X,000 deliveries as some special release and have some special badging or coloring of something
I think personalized engraving like Apple does would do the trick. You could put your name on the driver’s door or something really cheezy on the hood. Or 45cal bullet dents! Only on the launch editions. It would make it your’s … forever!

Thats why it has to be different. How about a special etching in the hood. Something that isnt hard/expensive to do when production line is very low volume.
DIBS.jpg

I'm guessing that SMR is reacting to this recent video?

It's interesting that SMR's video is about the same length as the thing he's reacting to. So it's probably not even a good summary.

IMO, it's far better to just watch Tony Seba.
Some shots of the audience, with the heavy eyes and yawning, reminds me of how (apparently) board meetings went at Kodak back in the 1970s.

Some shots of the audience, with the heavy eyes and yawning, reminds me of how (apparently) board meetings went at Kodak back in the 1970s.
Yeah, I just watched it too. Seba was speaking in Saudi Arabia. It definitely was not what they wanted to hear.

Mostly, it was the same talk I've heard half a dozen times from him. But it did remind me that we still have a long way to go for battery cost reduction. Batteries are still going to get a lot cheaper than they are now.

We are already seeing the Seagull from BYD starting at around $11,000 in China. I don't know if those would be street legal in more developed nations. But I can see BYD going well under $20k in Europe soon.

I sure hope Tesla is pretty far along on the Gen 3 vehicle.

Last edited:
That said, I think it's extremely unlikely that Tesla is calling up reservation holders and divulging highly sought-after info like price a month before the official launch. We'll know the price on 11/30, not before.
We may not know until well after. The MY AWD (GFTX) and Semi events didn't open the configurator for normal customers. Both are special circumstances and may not apply to the CT, but who knows?