Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The OpenAI dev conference videos out today offer a glimpse into the speed of development perhaps hinted at by the new GPT 4 Turbo name.

Agents are coming hot and plenty. Mr Smith would be proud. Any skill, any application nearly instantly. An agent App Store type marketplace is in the works. Agent architects the hot career of the month.

Sobering…

Last edited:
Doesn‘t feel that great seeing the CEO of Tesla, a self described AI & Robotics company, developing AI products for another company. Even worse if he permanently recruited AI tembers away from Tesla.

Couldn't you find something more negative to say about the progress being made across several Musk companies? Which have always found new and interesting ways to share resources to their mutual benefit. 🤷‍♂️

We depend upon you to take the wind from our sails with the consistency your perspective gleans from these amazing accomplishments.

Please, don't ever stop doing what you do. :rolleyes: /s

You've been on the forum since 2016 and still don't get it?
(perhaps we should take the April Fools Day sign-up date into consideration)

Last edited:
You don't see the potential for this Grok AI inside of Tesla cars? I certainly see a LOT of potential there!

I can think of lots of little quality of life improvements for more specific/complex voice commands with an LLM running locally, which is certainly nice... I don't see any massive world changing applications though.

I guess if you're in the "Robotaxis are totally NOT still many years away" camp it'd provide an option for "witty banter with your driver" so there's that.

Doesn‘t feel that great seeing the CEO of Tesla, a self described AI & Robotics company, developing AI products for another company. Even worse if he permanently recruited AI tembers away from Tesla.
I blame the intern who let Elon out from the basement in Austin.
headache-stupid-people.gif

This is huge and when confirmed should rightly boost the stock (not to say it will of course), translating directly into lower op ex.

30 second production cadence. Wow.
It’s badly worded due to language barrier but there’s no other way to read it.

30 seconds a car is the >950k factory rate as reported in the Q3 earnings deck. 365×24×60×60÷30 = 1,051,200

If they somehow got the Model 3 lines on their own to that rate, it would be an impressive change.

30 seconds a car is the >950k factory rate as reported in the Q3 earnings deck. 365×24×60×60÷30 = 1,051,200

If they somehow got the Model 3 lines on their own to that rate, it would be an impressive change.
That's around 90% uptime at 950k, if 100% is 1051.2k. Allowing for maintenance and holidays that seems pretty good.

Just confirmed the last entry for October in our European registrations wiki (see my footer), data collection is now complete.
Flattening the wave continues:

View attachment 988486

In case anyone is wondering if cumulative registrations are still over a factor of two above 2022 - we lost it, it´s only 1.998 now ;)
Super work as always from yourself and @Troy (with a little help from some friends...)

The 2x was always a bit artificial due to the GF3 shutdown 22Q2, but assuming Q4 will be >= Q3, >50% looks to be in the bag

The OpenAI dev conference videos out today offer a glimpse into the speed of development perhaps hinted at by the new GPT 4 Turbo name.

Agents are coming hot and plenty. Mr Smith would be proud. Any skill, any application nearly instantly. An agent App Store type marketplace is in the works. Agent architects the hot career of the month.

Sobering…

Perfect for replacing salespeople, since it answers with confidence even when it doesn't know the answer.

With regards to the roadster, and its non appearance still...

Am I the only person who adores the look and styling of the roadster, but does not vaguely want the performance? (or frankly the price tag). I now admit my performance model Y is too quick for me. Its just wasted 99% of the time here in speed-camera hell. But I LOVE the look of the roadster, and also 95% of the time, it would be fine, size-wise for me too. I dont need a huge trunk/frunk and 5 seats when its just me and my wife.

If Tesla made a roadster body with model Y or model 3 long range performance, I'd be so, so tempted.