Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"That which we call a rose, by any other word would smell as sweet."
---Juliet
"A rose is a rose despite the color of your nose."
---Og (Finian's Rainbow you heathen)
And finally,
"If it looks like a Cyberduck its a Cyberduck."
--- Me
My point is that the essence of a CYBER(nota)truck was the basis for the "Cyber Cruiser."
Hess's decision is a paradigm shift. From old ICE vehicles to Cyber vehicles. And in no small part is the reason for the rise in the stock price (as much as anything else that has happened in the world the last two days).
So you're just crazy.

That's not anything Cyber. It's an armored SWAT vehicle that toys have replicated since the 80s.

Again, that toy has nothing to do with Tesla, Cybertruck, or EVs.

No one sane would make that connection.

It's still odd how you insist the Cybertruck is not a truck...makes about as much sense is your wild leap about the Hess toy.

Last edited:
Today at the other site, Gordo and the pig with wings posted identical FUD piece. It is quite obvious now that it is quite coordinated effort by you know who. In addition, toilet boy tried some moronic piece too.

Now, with that said, I really hope that Tesla AI will target this nuisance(s) pronto and the other site will clean up even more.

All three had next to zero responses. All good. There are PLENTY of accounts that LOVE Tesla.
Pig with wings ? Who is that?

Other site?

Most of the shorters are like career criminals. They just can't let go of the habit. They make a lot of money in one big heist and become very popular and a darling of financial media. Media puts them in a pedestal. The always get prefixed with glorifying adjectives like:

who correctly called the housing market collapse and made billions
who correctly identified and called the Enron fraud

but then they get cocky and think they are better than the rest and lose all of them continuously making bad bets shorting again and again.

They are one-hit wonders, but mistakenly attribute it to their superior analysis skills instead of luck.

@TeslaShanghai (Tesla China Analyst) on X is saying that Giga Shanghai Highland Model 3 production is now at 1500/day:

1700031499200.png

The German ministry for economy and climate announced their 20-billion Euro plan for a network for green hydrogen. One important goal is supplying industry, so I checked the map if Giga Berlin is included - looks good, seems like they are building a new pipeline there. Before anyone asks - Tesla is using gas there mostly for the giga castings and heating IIRC. Solid blue lines are existing pipelines used for natural gas at the moment, dashed are new.

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 11.39.13.png

thanks, but if I read this correctly it's total Chinese insurance numbers (i.e. 3/Y/S/X) rather than Shanghai Model 3 production rates?
I've found some data from @TroyTeslike on X on Model 3 Shanghai production:

Q1 2023 = 71,620 (795 per day)
Q2 2023 = 80,646 (886 per day)
Q3 2023 = 54374 (597 per day) note this quarter includes line downtime for Highland launch

If we are now seeing run rates of 1,500 units a day, and those @Troyteslike figures are correct then that is a significant increase on Model 3 Shanghai production, with quarterly run rate at 135k units, this could equate to an additional ~200k production 2025 (assuming no further increases)

The German ministry for economy and climate announced their 20-billion Euro plan for a network for green hydrogen. One important goal is supplying industry, so I checked the map if Giga Berlin is included - looks good, seems like they are building a new pipeline there. Before anyone asks - Tesla is using gas there mostly for the giga castings and heating IIRC. Solid blue lines are existing pipelines used for natural gas at the moment, dashed are new.

View attachment 990853
IIRC currently GigaBerlin gets LNG probably via trucks and have it's own regasification on site

IIRC currently GigaBerlin gets LNG probably via trucks and have it's own regasification on site

Yeah they have a regasification plant which they built a year ago when it was feared we´d run short of natural gas from the grid due to not getting it from Russia anymore. The grid never went down though and AFAIK Tesla never used that backup plan.

Reuters (ugh) is reporting that GM bought Tooling and Equipment International. (Casting & Prototypes) which has been making the molds for gigacastings.
One cannot help but suspect GM knows little about the difference between the fungus and the shaping form. Maybe they think they'll have fewer objectionable smells from A/C filter failures. /s

Reuters (ugh) is reporting that GM bought Tooling and Equipment International. (Casting & Prototypes) which has been making the molds for gigacastings.
Was going to post this as well.

New news, but happened earlier this year.

"It formally became part of GM's Global Manufacturing division, which oversees all of GM's automobile and parts manufacturing operations, on July 1, according to one of the sources with direct knowledge."

I worked with a supplier of sand castings for some plastic fuel tank prototypes early in my career so have some knowledge.

I believe TEI special knowledge was 3D printing the sand casting directly which is different than the typical process of creating a sand mold from a foam part model. Generally the sand casting is a quick way to create a prototype tools/parts before going to the expensive hard tools. For Celestic, GM maybe using for all the cars since it is low volume. GM likely already has some casting presses that can be used for "medium" sized parts but probably not the size of Tesla's. A lot of engine cradles and suspension mounts etc are cast.

Also, read some speculation that Tesla is now doing the prototype casting molds internally.

BTW, anyone know if the Shorties have a support group to keep their spirits up in moments like this?
I'm sure we HODLers are all very concerned with their well-being.

If so, it might be a nice gesture to send a flower arrangement with our condolences to their meeting place. Tulips, perhaps?
Or, maybe something Addams Family-ish, like a Venus Fly-trap, may be more apropos.