Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And I am begiining to sell as much stock as I can without giving the IRS a windfall.
Just FYI, there was a guy on these forums a few years back who decided to sell completely out of TSLA because of some personal emotion that he allowed to creep into his investment decisions. That guy literally missed out on *millions* of dollars in profits.

And I encourage you put your biases aside for a moment and watch Lex Fridman's latest podcast interview with Elon. He is far from being a racist or an anti-semite. You're just showing your ignorance of him. He grew up in an apartheid society in South Africa, and the apartheid system deeply disturbed him. Make an effort to truly understand him (and yes, even his flaws) and you will see a different person than the media is painting.

The whole world could stand to take a moment to understand other people better rather than paint them with a single-color brush.

Just FYI, there was a guy on these forums a few years back who decided to sell completely out of TSLA because of some personal emotion that he allowed to creep into his investment decisions. That guy literally missed out on *millions* of dollars in profits.

And I encourage you put your biases aside for a moment and watch Lex Fridman's latest podcast interview with Elon. He is far from being a racist or an anti-semite. You're just showing your ignorance of him. He grew up in an apartheid society in South Africa, and the apartheid system deeply disturbed him. Make an effort to truly understand him (and yes, even his flaws) and you will see a different person than the media is painting.

The whole world could stand to take a moment to understand other people better rather than paint them with a single-color brush.
I appreciate your reply. I have made more money then I could possibly spend even with the diminished stock price. I will be far from done with the stock. Sell some now and then after the first of the year and will still have a lot left. I have been holding all since 2016 and it is the only stock I own. My sons will get the choice of what to do with what they inherit.

In other news, I saw there was a post on X about rumors that prices might be going up again in China...has anyone seen anything else to support that? I strongly believe that even with slight price increases, customers tend to commit to orders they were witholding earlier, thinking we'd see more price reductions.

This is the start of a good virtuous cycle for investors. Prices slightly increase, so more people lock in orders. This allows Tesla to continue to increase prices. This also helps with margins, increasing the stock price, resulting in more people able to buy.

Couple that with the good macro news we got this week and the increasing feeling in the market as a whole that we're at or near peak interest rates, and this *could* (fingers crossed) be the start of a long gradual run upward.

I think the problem is much wider than Elon's bizarre Tweets and responses/retweets of the deranged. If I were looking to invest in TSLA and didn't have the vast background of knowledge that we have here, I'd be wondering how someone with such poor judgement could effectively run the company
this disconnect is our collective opportunity for more undervalued chairs

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Do the Chinese price adjustments (real and rumoured) portend anything for the U.S. market pricing? Battery and other components are sourced so differently that I'm not sure I could say one way or the other.
I suspect we'll see Model 3s get discounted in the US to clear out inventory in preparation for Highland in the US. But (and this is just a feeling) I don't get the feeling we'll see any more significant price drops in the US. Feels like the bottom, but I could be wrong.

Knowing full well the individual referred to, one could point out that a) anecdotal evidence of one individual is not much to base decisions on, especially as he structured his views in logical terms not purely emotional terms (his emotional perspective was clear, but it was him being passionate about how one aspect of the company would affect the rest of the company), and b) anecdotally, my similar personal decision to sell all shares in 2022 avoided such a loss, so even then anecdotes would cancel each other out. <Personal note: A little over a year ago, a former poster on this site who I met in person strongly defended posts I found abhorrent, and asked me why on Earth I would be selling at $227(?) or so...a comment I reminisced about a couple months later when I began rebuilding a TSLA position at half that price.>

Emotions have no place in investing, so too bad you will miss this once in a lifetime investing opportunity for "personal reasons". Maybe one day you'll be able to separate the two? :cool:
Whether one's personal emotion has a place in investing is something which could be argued for-or-against, IMHO.

That said, one of the *most* significant factors in both the long-term health of a company and the short-and-long-term value of a security is what emotions the rest of humanity has regarding that company / security. It's especially important to consider how each of the various subgroupings which have positive and/or negative emotions do/do-not have the ability to affect that company / security. Worth contemplating to what degree an understanding of human psychology is vital to investing.

Green says that there's info in the code for Tesla to charge for seat heaters and wipers on new cars like BMW.
I get that X/Twitter is the talking point right now, but this is a stock related talking point.

While this could reduce initial pricing to sell more cars and then generate higher RMR (great for TSLA) it will also be universally hated like we saw with BMW (bad for TSLA).

For the sake of discussion, let's assume it's true...What do you think?

1000005652.jpg