Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy Thanksgiving (USA), here is a funny OT on cybertruck knockoff at LA Autoshow. Look at this prototype's panel gap, you can fit a person's hand in the door gap!
1700771063150.png

Tesla patents 'Supplementing vision-based system training with simulated content'. I wouldn't have thought that something so generalized could be patented, but hey, I'm not gonna complain. I'm beginning to wonder if first FSD version in Europe and Asia will be FSD V12...

Interesting, I wonder if X-AI has a patent sharing agreement with Tesla? Or this may be unnecessary from the Tesla standpoint.

This seems a little like Q-Star & Q-Learn….. maybe. If the supplemented path in drivable space is determined with a mathematical solution this might support the buttery smooth driving of V12.

Pretty cool stuff. The application date could be interesting. YMMV

Last edited:
What... no dip to 228? Thought for sure the Swedish hairball would push a little???
(Edit: Market so far today says this is a non-issue, and less emphasis on Hairball which was grossing me out.)
Max Pain today is 232.5 ....probably no black friday sale for you today.

At the risk of OT, but surely won't hurt the SP (be nice if he fit this in before CT launch):

...Mr Musk will meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Isaac Herzog, and travel to the settlements that were attacked during last month’s Hamas invasion, according to local reports.

...Mr Musk hosted Mr Netanyahu in California in September, during which the Israeli Prime Minister urged him to crack down on anti-Semitism on the social network.

...The billionaire, who also owns Tesla, has said he is against anti-Semitism of any kind, but has repeatedly been criticised by groups such as the Anti Defamation League, the Jewish civil rights organisation.

...Mr Musk is due to host the launch of Tesla’s Cybertruck at an event on Thursday at its gigafactory headquarters in Texas.

The IRA seems to be working well toward boosting EV related growth.

OTOH, the same publication has this report out:

Which says US battery manufacturers are laying off workers due to domestic EV manufacturing slowdowns. Which implies that Tesla continues to not be a battery supply crunch, and the limiting factor to Tesla EV growth is indeed the economy and their limited product line.

I really do think that Cybertruck was yet another self inflicted wound for Tesla since it appears it’s manufacturing has been a bear to get right, and has diverted resources away from a $25K car, which would have been a better thing to work on these past several years in hindsight.

Which implies that Tesla continues to not be a battery supply crunch
I don't think you can jump to that conclusion. LG and SK make pouch cells in the US, and Tesla doesn't use them in anything as far as I can tell. (As I recall Elon has said that they are bad and failure prone.) So, LG and SK having excess capacity at their US plant wouldn't indicate anything about Tesla's battery supply.

I really do think that Cybertruck was yet another self inflicted wound for Tesla since it appears it’s manufacturing has been a bear to get right, and has diverted resources away from a $25K car, which would have been a better thing to work on these past several years in hindsight.
I really doubt this. Tesla would not be the company it is if they didn't attempt to create stellar products. A "me too" Tesla wouldn't be worth investing in.