Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 994435

Funny how they don't cite the reasons why they are not ready to make the change, off the top of my head:

1. Questionable designs
2. POS Software
3. POS Charging infrastructure
4. POS Range
5. Who knows how long your EV (If its not a Tesla) will be in the shop for 'diagnosis'
I'm drawn back to what I said here:
1701242845976.png

These manufacturers/dealers are using the slowdown in the economy as the scapegoat for their poor EV sales performance. It's not an EV thang....it's a new car thang! If they were looking at the whole picture and not just YOY following supply chain/chip shortage hell, they'd see that the Fed having lowered the control rods into the plutonium too far and too long has cooled things off too much. Never let an excuse to slow down the adoption of sustainable energy vehicles go to waste!

Anticipate Elon's moves by considering what will most effectively advance the mission. A million mile warranty would lead to a lot of enthusiasm and confidence in Tesla cars but only advance the mission only by improving margins. Tesla is already selling cars as fast as they can make them so, this move would only enable them to increase the sale price.

So can we split the difference and call it 500K mi or 10 yrs, which ever comes 1st?

Ooh, and TELL people to expect MOAR from Gen 3? (don't buy ICE!) :D

You have to love GM. They know their costs are going up due to their labor agreement and the transition to EVs, plus the overall economy is slowing and their profits will be squeezed. So what do they do? They raise their dividend by 33% and do a $10 BILLION stock buyback. I sometimes think they really want to go out of business as fast as possible!

So the government is going to try juicing the Big 3 depressed EV sales by allowing the $7,500 credit to continue "temporarily". What happens when the Big 3 sales don't get juiced cause consumers just don't want the damn things, and buy Tesla's anyway? Riddle me that. :cool:

RT
The good news is that Tesla is poised to benefit the most from this. Fine by me.

So the government is going to try juicing the Big 3 depressed EV sales by allowing the $7,500 credit to continue "temporarily". What happens when the Big 3 sales don't get juiced cause consumers just don't want the damn things, and buy Tesla's anyway? Riddle me that. :cool:

RT
I guess the logic is that Tesla can't make all the vehicles Americans buy.

The ruling is temporary until it can be heard. An Emergency Motion is what we call them here.
I can't seem to confirm that the temporary ruling ("Snap Injunction" to deliver plates) is actually in effect, possibly rejected. 🤷‍♂️

The author may be playing tricks... IDK "This legal action follows another filed by Tesla against the Sweden transport agency."

This is funny... Lawyer for IF Metall has a conflict of interest. 🤣

In an ironic twist, the federal lawyer of the IF Metall union, Darko Davidovic, has come under scrutiny. Despite his criticism of Tesla for its lack of collective agreement, it has been revealed that his family owns a Tesla Model Y, leading to discussions about a potential conflict of interest.

This is a link to a Tesla investor survey?
Again?? Sorry. That's twice I've posted a link and it goes to that old survey. I'm going to post a bug report. FYI seems to happen when I post from Android + Chrome browser.

Here's the correct link:

I can't seem to confirm that the temporary ruling ("Snap Injunction" to deliver plates) is actually in effect, possibly rejected. 🤷‍♂️

The author may be playing tricks... IDK "This legal action follows another filed by Tesla against the Sweden transport agency."
Right there were two lawsuits filed, and only one of them has gotten a temporary injunction so far. (The one against the Sweden Transport Agency, that allows Tesla to pickup the plates from the manufacturer.)

The other lawsuit is against PostNord for not delivering plates, and other stuff. So at this point there appears to be plates stuck that were given to PostNord for delivery and they are just holding on to them.

But Tesla should be able to pickup new plates shortly. (Maybe they will have to request replacements for the ones stuck in PostNord.)

Reactions: saniflash
GM have a dividend yeirld of 1.4% and are down over 5 years on the stock. Anybody holding GM for its juicy dividends is... not bright,
I'm sure the mainstream media will salivate at the prospect of using this story a day before cybertruck to write BS articles 'contrasting' Teslas zero dividend with the safe, established, adult-run GM.
Its sad and pathetic to watch. With legacy auto always finding money for buybacks and advertsiing, but never for EV investment or R&D, no wonder their attempts to compete with Tesla are a joke.

Cybertruck is going to absolutely destroy the legacy truck business. The one place left where those dinosaurs still made a bit of money.