Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I recall, there were certain mergers in the defense industry forced by the government. I don't know of any in the private sector. So it might be SpaceX that's forced to take parts of GM.
This is extremely disturbing! The United Auto Workers should be forced to take parts of GM, not any successful, productive business.

Regarding any government-imposed terms with a GM bailout, I consider more likely than some forced purchase by, eg, Tesla, would be a forced disgorgement of the prior -X- years of golden parachutes.

In absolute probabilities, I give the latter a 15% chance and the former 5%. The error bars, however, are immensely wide, because of the manifold surrounding circumstances.

• Informative
Reactions: capster
because he really wants to kick WS and shorts in their behinds again, to put it mildly.
Sandbagging may be the wrong word. I think he’s being conservative about the demand for CT. I believe Tesla will ramp up CT to as many units as demand demands. I think there may also be an issue with the availability of SS, which could hamper (temporarily?) yearly production.

PAY ATTENTION ALL!!!

1701282606696.png

1701282765079.png

🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴

Will Gordo ask the SEC to investigate Barra for making those comments? Oh wait...

Last edited:
Craig Johnson of Piper Sandler - today:
• TSLA—Shares are approaching the neckline of an inverted head and shoulders formation.• Back above the 10-/30-week WMAs.• RS has rebounded back into positive territory.• Add to positions on a breakout above the neckline.

That sounds like technical analysis gobbly-gook to me, can anyone translate into English? 🤔

OT... My escape to Canada might be slow then... ~215 (sunny) days! We could get stuck in Washington State... 🌧️
Trailer full of solar would be nice, self unfolding like a satellite even better! Extra camping space underneath it.
Someone is actually doing this (a "Cannonball run" on solar only, anyway - no chargers). They are using a Model Y, and at the end of each travel period (less than a day and likely at night or when the sun is low...for hopefully obvious reasons) they pull out all of their small solar array from the back of the Y and set it up on the ground around the car to let it charge for the next leg.
It is turning out to be very slow, of course.
Solar Cannonball Attempt Is Going Slow, But Future Ones Will Be Faster - CleanTechnica

I prefer the renewably-powered Superchargers myself. 100% clean electrons + Cannonball Run completed much faster :)

I’m sure that will work for many. But we wouldn’t pull the trigger unless the range is north of 600 kilometres. My guess is that is a screen shot of a mid range CT

Jmho.
There are only 2 versions at launch. A dual and a tri-motor according to Tesla's filings.

The ranges will be different depending on the tires selected, but the rumor is that the dual and tri have the same size battery pack, much like the S LR and the Plaid.

I don't know that anyone is holding out hope for that at launch. Maybe down the road, but not tomorrow.

Seems like the dual motor will be the only CT variant made initially, and this is likely the one with the smaller ~123kWh battery pack. The tri motor will probably have the larger pack, but we don't know when that will go into production.

I don't know that anyone is holding out hope for that at launch. Maybe down the road, but not tomorrow.

Yah maybe. Unfortunately the TGL guys will snag one to do a test on “The Ike”. They’ll hook a 10,000 pound trailer up to it and get stranded on the IKE and the cybertruck will be famous as having half the range of the new Silverado.

They should hopefully at least mention a future long range version.

All speculation of course.

Seems like the dual motor will be the only CT variant made initially, and this is likely the one with the smaller ~123kWh battery pack. The tri motor will probably have the larger pack, but we don't know when that will go into production.
We'll see. I see conflicting rumors about what will be released first. It's only a day away and hopefully no more speculation.