Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I personally am priced out. $30,000 extra is too much. I would have gone $15,000 extra but that’s it.

most probably I will buy a model Y
I think thousands of folks holding reservations will come to a similar conclusion...

... Upping the acquisition of Models S, X, 3 and Y!

Well those prices are higher than I would have thought. 80k for the dual motor, 60k for a rear-wheel, and 100k for the Beast Mode.
Same here. I hope those are "early adopter" prices and we see $10-20k drops next year. Base 4x4 needs to be no more than $60k, $50k RWD (or a bit less, $45 would be better). Need to price to compete against ICE, not just EV long term.

I really dont understand the negativity, but this happens with every 'announcement' thread here... sigh.
They literally showed people attacking the truck with machine guns, and proved it can tow a 911 faster than a 911 can race... and people are negative?
I am very very very happy as an investor with this. I dont even like trucks, or want a cybertruck, but its insane to think this truck is not going to be a huge success.
Obviously social media, and the mainstream media, and the muppets in wall st will insist that this time, definitely, tesla are absolutely going to fail.
any day now.

VERY happy to HODL.

Only speaking for myself and the people I know, but for me the negativity is the price.

To be clear, I am not saying you are wrong about it being a success. Just at this price point I will unfortunately not be getting one.

Only speaking for myself and the people I know, but for me the negativity is the price.

To be clear, I am not saying you are wrong about it being a success. Just at this price point I will unfortunately not be getting one.
Patience, price will be lower by the time your number comes up!

Because we've seen this episode before...
1701380748380.png

Almost too predictable

Based on the claim it can charge up to 136 miles in 15 minutes at 250 kW, I am calculating:

460 Wh / mile (414)

or

2.176 miles / kWH efficiency (2.4)

Based on this, the 340 mile range Cybertruck has a ~ 156 kWh (140) battery pack. The 250 range, presumably LFP, would require a 115 kWh (103) battery pack.

Edit: This didn't assume heat losses during charging. If we assume a 10% loss to heat, the number change to what is in the parentheses.
Tesla gave the answer for the All-Wheel Drive version as 429 Wh/mile. This information is on the website, buried in the See Details explanation of estimated gas savings.

Probably the rear wheel drive version is more efficient, and Cyberbeast is probably about 429*340/320 = 456 Wh/mi.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with the pricing as we all know Tesla can and will lower them in the future. And as an investor we need the margins.

What I do have a problem with is a 340mi max range. For comparison, you can get a Rivian dual-motor with 410mi range for $94k or 352 range for $84k. $80k for a 340mi range Cybertruck is just not super compelling, especially for a company that should be such a dominant tech leader in the EV world.

We don't necessarily need the 500 miles we were promised, but we do need something that shows Tesla is still the leader in the field. We did not see that today.