Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EPA document, Tesla always uses (so far) the nominal pack voltage. 816 V x 150 Ah = 122.4 kWh

And that number lines up way too well with one of the possible configuration. I did a long post, that I can't link here sadly, going through all the possible battery configurations and there is really few options that line up with ~ 800 V, pack being able to split in two, ~123 kWh and close to 1366 cells

All other ones apart from 220S6P diverge too much from the requirements above

I think we have heard that the cybertruck pack is (really? metaphorically?) four 200-volt packs or modules. There are switchest to connect two pairs of those in series (for charging on 400 Volt chargers) and to connect all four in series (for 800 Volt chargers).

Does 220S6P align with that?

(honestly asking...I understand the basics of series and parallel and how to add it up...and something seems odd about a 6P system being divided into four...but I really have no expertise on this.)

I think we have heard that the cybertruck pack is (really? metaphorically?) four 200-volt packs or modules. There are switchest to connect two pairs of those in series (for charging on 400 Volt chargers) and to connect all four in series (for 800 Volt chargers).

Does 220S6P align with that?

(honestly asking...I understand the basics of series and parallel and how to add it up...and something seems odd about a 6P system being divided into four...but I really have no expertise on this.)
Yes, the split is series, not parallel. It would partition into four 55s6p modules at 206V each (with cells at 3.75V)
All in series = 800V, 2x2 = 400V

Incase you cant figure out worlds theory for yourself, worlds are coliding

1701789834782.png

Does all this imply that a bad or failing module could be replaced by itself? That sounds huge.
Not likely. The structural pack probably can't be disassembled. Even if it could an unmatched quarter pack will eventually cause problems.
Tesla abandoned module swaps on their other cars where it is physically possible (Roadster excepted).

While @Gigapress did refer to weight savings in some applications when he said:

I think he was just highlighting that implementing the load-bearing structure as the skin is a way to optimize the strength/mass ratio. For boats and planes/rockets that reduces weight.

But notice that he emphasizes additional rigidity and strength if you "hold the mass constant". Thus, if you use a stressed-skin design, you can "haul more than similarly sized and configured trucks with similar mass".

So, I don't believe he was claiming a weight savings using the SS skin, but rather greater load capacity.
But no paint means it's like 500 lbs lighter! (Source: Southwest Airlines). Huh? What? This means they should mount the steel grain horizontally for less drag, which looks better anyway. 🤣 Good morning!

On all that other stuff... let me know when you all figure it out. I think I'm too "dense" myself to follow all of it, and it's unclear how this will get me MY OWN beach house! (Congrats @The Accountant, that's still my dream!)

A bit of good content but mostly Sandy fawning over Elon. Just wish Sandy spent more time with the build/technical parts of CT than bringing up Disney, citizenship and politics. . It just seems he did not prepare for the interview.
I miss Cory Steuben on the Munro videos-he provided the technical content that I was interested in. Sandy...more hype or FUD sometimes than information.

Sigh. How and why are people such bad interviewers? The ONLY thing I got out of that is that the plans for the Model 2 production line in Austin are quite advanced, Elon reviews them every week, and the production process will blow people’s minds. CT won’t be a meaningful contributor to 2024 earnings /revenue (which one or both, unclear), might be in 2025. Reason for CT delay was supply chain shortages.

45 minutes, could be cut down to 5 minutes.

Elon talking about the upcoming low cost model...

This part

"The first production line will be at Giga Texas. Giga Mexico will be the second place. It would take too long to complete the factory in Mexico."

openly says that the Model (2) will be produced sooner than originally planned.
That's a good thing, right?
We're talking about production at least a year earlier, potentially Q4 2024, I am thinking.

Last edited: