Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, I am not the one using the misleading statistic

No, you're the one claiming it's misleading while admitting you don't have any data to actually show his error rate is significantly different.

Being curious though I did find his 2022 full year delivery prediction (since it's the last year we know estimate and actual for) from 24 January which SEEMS to be his most far in advance one for 2022 target.

It was 1.344 million deliveries.

Actual 2022 deliveries? 1.313 million

Not exactly a huge miss (and he missed to the slightly optimistic side)

Still, maybe he was way off other full-year predictions... Tagging him in case he's got a chart or something on this-- @Troy

No, you're the one claiming it's misleading while admitting you don't have any data to actually show his error rate is significantly different.

Being curious though I did find his 2022 full year delivery prediction (since it's the last year we know estimate and actual for) from 24 January which SEEMS to be his most far in advance one for 2022 target.

It was 1.344 million deliveries.

Actual 2022 deliveries? 1.313 million

Not exactly a huge miss (and he missed to the slightly optimistic side)

Still, maybe he was way off other full-year predictions... Tagging him in case he's got a chart or something on this-- @Troy
Because it is misleading regardless of whether or not a completely different statistic happens to show a better or worse performance. Pointing that out, which should be obvious, doesn’t put the burden on me to correct it for you.

Model 3 SR - CATL LFP
Model 3 LR - LG 2170 with China sourced material
Model Y uses Giga Nevada 2170

Very different supply chain
Ok, which explains why the Model 3 performance is likely still eligible as it probably uses the 2170 from Giga Nevada.

Unfortunately I guess not enough 4680 to start building the 4680 structural Model Y again which might free up the 2170's for the Model 3.

10 year treasuries below 4% - its was above 4% since early Aug last year.

loans/monthly payments coming down, also could mean tesla balances it out with price increases ....

Lucy in the IRA wiff Diamonds.

Lucy in the IRA wiff Diamonds.png

Yeah, Chuckles neva learns... is this why the CBO thinks IRA will cost far less than other predictions?

Hah! Smells more like a bear trap to me: (TSLA moving opposite macros)

View attachment 999419

Cheers!

As of Oct. 25, 2023, the top 10 largest SPY (S&P 500) holdings by weight captured 31.38% of the Index (refer to list below). All (excluding Tesla) where down considerably today, yet the S&P500 was still up 0.26%. It appears that the Magic Seven are starting to lose their shine in favour of broader market appeal. Also, for the last month, TSLA has been the best performer of the top 10 largest SPY. Hopefully this trend will continue.

A good day for TSLA, however with F up 7.5%, GM up 6.7% and Crude Oil up 3.2%, just wait until the Market figures out Oil and ICE are out of favour and old money starts flowing from those resources/manufacturing sectors into Renewable Energy and BEV. Investors in Tesla are positioned to be well rewarded. It is only a matter of time.

1. Apple Inc. (AAPL): 7.15%
  2. Microsoft Corporation (MSFT): 6.89%
  3. Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN): 3.28%
  4. NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA): 3.03%
  5. Alphabet Inc. Class A (GOOGL): 2.31%
  6. Alphabet Inc. Class C (GOOG): 1.99%
  7. Meta Platforms, Inc. (META): 1.95%
  8. Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK.B): 1.73%
  9. Tesla, Inc. (TSLA): 1.68%
  10. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH): 1.37%

Screen Shot 2023-12-14 at 5.23.46 PM.png

For all the Tarot Card readers, um, er, technical analysts that is, I noticed today that TSLA has risen above the 200, 100, and 50MAs, and has broken out of the Bollinger Band at a very narrow pinch point.

I think this means that the Canadians will now have to suffer the trials and tribulations the US Tesla car owners have suffered in regard to the recall.

That is, they'll have to sleep soundly while their cars download the update.

Am I getting a handle on this TA witchery? 🤔

Last edited:
Any concentration of early Cybertruck deliveries in TX and CA might just be for the convivence of service. Stocking a few service centres with Cybertruck parts and having the ability to deliver quickly to other service centres in those states. As well, service teams can be beefed up with some staff who have more Cybertruck expertise.

Since RC candidates have been driving around those states for a while, some service centres may already have built up some expertise.

This makes complete sense early in the ramp.

And it probably makes sense to expand deliveries on a state-by-state basis beefing up service as needed.

This may be especially true if some new equipment is needed for Cybertruck service.

A handful of owners in other states might still be able to take delivery, but service may lag.

Has always been that way in the 10 years I've been invested. Always amazes me these very few folks who can pick when to buy and when to sell, well when to buy, since no one should be selling TSLA unless it is a life or death situation, and even then you should give serious thought to hodling.

The stock is nearly flat from three years ago.

Nice of Treasury/IRS to give Tesla 15 days notice, wot? Nothing like shifting a billion kg of raw materials around like it was a bloddy memo, wot? Same *sugar* as last December, when they sprang the surprise on the USA (and Tesla) that, BTW the Model Y isn't an SUV unless it has 7 seats! Hahaha, yoke's on you. /s

This outcome was clear from the legislation whereas loss of only half the credit was an enigma.

^Z bg

The cool thing is that Tesla is pushing the envelope on so many fronts so fast, their "practical" research is exploring new frontiers as fast, or faster, than many other company's "pure" R&D departments...

Most of the bulwarks of US corporate fundamental research have had to scale back tremendously. For the most part, they failed to translate their breakthroughs into products or commercial success.
Xerox, HP, AT&T, IBM even ExxonMobil which played a key role in the evolution of the lithium ion battery.

Ok, which explains why the Model 3 performance is likely still eligible as it probably uses the 2170 from Giga Nevada.

Unfortunately I guess not enough 4680 to start building the 4680 structural Model Y again which might free up the 2170's for the Model 3.
My letter to Santa asks for a big stockpile of 4680s to be built up at Austin before Q1 2024,, but no evidence of any Elves at Austin in the flyover videos.. :)