Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly, nobody cares about Gary Black nor any other anal yst for that matter. The smart people know where Tesla is headed, does 2,000 deliveries revised down really matter? 🤡 🤡
I'm the opposite, I appreciate the views of any professional or private analyst who tries to make a well structured and fact based conclusion of Tesla's value, especially if they bring other perspectives than mine.

Last edited:
Where I live in rural PA, whenever there is a storm my wife worries about the power going out. We are blessed with living in a forest with tall trees along roads lined with power line poles. We have a well. 30 years ago we learned that when the electric goes out the water goes out as well. Decades ago we would lose electric for days. Once over a week. Bought a generator but that needs a perfectly level placement, and is finicky about oil level, and needs gas to run which has to be "fresh". I'm tired of dealing with it. I'm in the permit step of getting 6 Powerwalls to hopefully alleviate that issue since the past decade or so it only goes out for a few hours to a couple days. Having the CT would be added security.

You could also have bought a better generator. That's a _lot_ cheaper than Powerwalls.

I am old enough to have driven cars when very few were automatic, they had no A/C, cruise control was unheard of, they only had radio, seat belts in the back seat were optional, they had at least two built in ashtrays and just a sniff from the exhaust was enough to guarantee cancer. So I am clearly much more manly than you.
I've driven old, crude cars too, including instances where I turned the cabin heat on full to help cool the engine.

I've rear-ended 2 innocent folks, both instances Tesla would have saved my clumsy self from totaling 2 cars. Tesla sensors = very good.

Nothing new here, but it's John Oliver's take on Elon and his companies that will get a wide audience.

It has some misleading content like the headline about "2 million Teslas recalled". But it's not purely a hit piece either.

My summary of Oliver's message:
  • Elon is a genius who has created some incredible, important companies.
  • He can sometimes be ruthless in pursuit of his goals.
  • He's a flawed individual in many ways and it is unsettling that he has so much power and influence.
  • The dancing girl in the Optimus suit was silly.
1702910037627.jpeg

View attachment 1000560

Putting your $ in a savings account during that span instead of GM would have yielded more 🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴
If you'd have invested $10,000 in GM stock in 2005, you'd have ZERO. Ask me how I know. (as a former GM employee, I had some from company matches/bonuses) that I wasn't smart enough to sell.

If you'd have invested $10,000 in GM stock in 2005, you'd have ZERO. Ask me how I know. (as a former GM employee, I had some from company matches/bonuses) that I wasn't smart enough to sell.
Was it private ownership at the time or on a different exchange or something? NYSE data for GM seems to only go back to 2010

That's hard to imagine though, I have a bit of stock picked up from company matching with one that is publicly traded here in Canada and I've been impressed at how well it has done, like 3x my money since leaving them

If I am reading this correctly, NY is spending millions on outdated CCS on fast chargers with EA?

Governor Hochul Announces New York’s First National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Funded Fast Charging Station Now Operating in the Hudson Valley

Living in upstate NY the non tesla fast charging is almost completely useless. Sadly it looks like they are going to do more of the same.

NY could make a huge difference just by allowing Tesla to instal chargers at all of the highway rest stops.

At least the on-site convenience stores will have a nice Beta videotape collection...

In case anyone is interested:

View attachment 1000239

That headline makes it sound like her stepping down might be connected to the Tesla investigation, but the article says:
she emailed employees this week that she would be stepping down in cooperation with a law that limits how long officials can remain in the position