Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just before 1:20, Jason Cammisa states that along with 48 volt guide sent to Farley etc, tesla listed 48 volt components others could buy now

FWIW I’ve worked with both of these great guys. Matt hosted one of my shows back in the day, Garage419. I haven’t listened to the interview yet but Matt, who is generally awesome, has long been a vocal anti-Tesla guy and consumer of FUD. Some of the East coast journalists eventually flipped, myself included, but last I checked he still was an ardent nonbeliever. Just know that going into this.

I’m very excited to listen to this as Jason is as great as it gets and always sees through the FUD but doesn’t put a blindfold on to actual Tesla/Elon negatives….not that any members in this forum do that in any way no no no no. 🤐

Well, I’m getting mine clear coated and then wrapped. These things will rust otherwise. They’ll also get a patina that some people are going to complain about. And yeah, finger prints etc… will bother another set of people.

If my Cybertruck got scratches or finger prints or something - after a few years I'd give it this treatment:

Paint.jpeg

If you read the comments from Larry's post you find someone who said a Tesla rep told him that they now had over 3 million CT orders/pre-orders. Take with usual heap of salt, of course. But I don't doubt that his story is true.

So 3 million are now in line to buy a Cybertruck? Maybe.

Would this recent data of at minimum 2M (per Franz), and maybe 3M CT reservations lend support to the concept of how it could easily be many, many years (4+) before someone making a reservation today receives their CT?

If the rumor for GigaMexico producing CTs is accurate, for Tesla to reach a point where they produce/deliver 1M/year would take several years to achieve that run rate between two factories. Even then, they could still be working through existing reservations from today.

I think the bot is awesome, but this is becoming the next robotaxi: the business model that will happen imminently and make trillions. This stuff takes serious time.
I mostly agree with what you said, but this is not like robotaxi at all. While I don't think mass production of Optimus is imminent, it will go from concept to reality much, much faster than robotaxi.

The reason is because Optimus has the potential to replace so many different human tasks without the safety concerns of robotaxi. So the threshold to achieve usefulness is orders of magnitude lower for Optimus.

Tesla just needs to perfect one or two economically valuable use cases to get started with mass production. The chances of that happening relatively soon is pretty high. Maybe not "mass production in 2024" high. But high nonetheless.

Would this recent data of at minimum 2M (per Franz), and maybe 3M CT reservations lend support to the concept of how it could easily be many, many years (4+) before someone making a reservation today receives their CT?

If the rumor for GigaMexico producing CTs is accurate, for Tesla to reach a point where they produce/deliver 1M/year would take several years to achieve that run rate between two factories. Even then, they could still be working through existing reservations from today.
I'm not allowed to talk about that any more.

• Informative
Reactions: 2daMoon
Reuters is out with a "special investigation" this morning:

Tesla blamed drivers for failures of parts it long knew were defective

"Wheels falling off cars at speed. Suspensions collapsing on brand-new vehicles. Axles breaking under acceleration. Tens of thousands of customers told Tesla about a host of part failures on low-mileage cars. The automaker sought to blame drivers for vehicle ‘abuse,’ but Tesla documents show it had tracked the chronic ‘flaws’ and ‘failures’ for years."

Sure is a lot of Tesla related news all of a sudden...

Reuters is out with a "special investigation" this morning:

Tesla blamed drivers for failures of parts it long knew were defective

"Wheels falling off cars at speed. Suspensions collapsing on brand-new vehicles. Axles breaking under acceleration. Tens of thousands of customers told Tesla about a host of part failures on low-mileage cars. The automaker sought to blame drivers for vehicle ‘abuse,’ but Tesla documents show it had tracked the chronic ‘flaws’ and ‘failures’ for years."
FUD is strong. bring it on ..

Lora on the prowl ...
who next GOJO appearance on CNBC :)

coming ..
.. Some Diversity, minority harrasment in Fremont ..

Probably accurate eventually just to sell to the Central and South American markets. Probably doesn't impact the US market -- especially since it won't be up and running producing anything at all until at least mid 2025.

That is a reasonable statement. Excepting the fact that those orders from Central and South America will fall into the same CT reservation line. It wouldn't seem logical for any new North American gigafactory producing CT to avoid contributing to the ginormous backlog.

Mexico is, and will continue to be a significant auto importer to the US in general, and for Tesla specifically.

Mostly because a factory in Mexico will be producing vehicles that meet the requirements for IRA and other incentives in the US. Tesla won't be directing product to other destinations without taking advantage of the low hanging fruit that has easier logistics, is encouraged by existing treaties, can be combined with incentives, and will help whittle down the astoundingly deep and wide river of reservations in North America.

I could see GMex sending models of the NextGen platform to the more southerly Americas before or while sending those models to the US. There could even be a pickup truck among the next gen models that would be sold in Central and South America before CTs are.

Granted, it is entirely possible that more than a few reservations for CT have been placed by folks from Central and South America and when their place in line comes up they will take delivery. (providing Tesla has established delivery points in their country, or, they pick them up at an existing service center and arrange transport home on their own)

There are many factors for Tesla to consider and accelerating the transition is the benchmark that will shape their strategy.