Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK I'll be the first to say it, but this Cathy Wood / Elon Musk talk is totally off topic and boring the hell out of me.
I almost threw my phone out the window. Cathy asks Grok for good questions to ask Elon, and they were indeed good questions (about FSD V12, Optimus, AI), and just as Elon is about to answer, Cathy cuts him off and asks a long winded question that amounts to: talk about closed vs open source AI. Which Elon has already talked about a thousand times, and so, he repeats himself yet again (OpenAI should be called Maximum Profit seeking closed AI, bet you hadn't hear that one before, eh?).

Just ask Elon engineering questions, you twits! It isn't hard! And any question that takes 4 minutes to ask isn't a question, it's a soliloquy, which, hello! We don't want to hear, we want to listen to Elon, not Cathy's brain dead meandering unorganized brain.

Half of Ford dealers refuse to sell BEV vehicles.

Tesla's secret weapon? Not having dealers.

Correct. J is the newer revision. Tesla believes this revision fixes this issue, but as a precaution, you could ask Tesla service to use windshield adhesive like they have done before with older revisions. The pictures I posted weren't mine I copied them from another post. I should have made that clearer, sorry. Post in thread 'Upper Control Arm Sealing DIY?' Upper Control Arm Sealing DIY?
Thanks for the link and clarification. I had the J versions installed on my car last July under warranty but I'm now outside of it. Might DIY some sealant as a precaution.

Last edited:
Half of Ford dealers refuse to sell BEV vehicles.

Tesla's secret weapon? Not having dealers.
Or, half of Ford dealers refuse to spend an estimated $250k (down from original $500k) just to sell the vehicles Ford is reducing production of.
Tesla's secret weapon was subsidizing service with the vehicle sales profits.

quote who? Cathie?

She was the first and only one to predict the chairs for 4K a pop in 2019 or so. The price was like 200-400 then. Don't remember exactly.

Yes- but much like Michael Burry she got one thing right- once- and has been hailed as the second coming despite everything else she's invested in and predicted since being kind of garbage.

Yes- but much like Michael Burry she got one thing right- once- and has been hailed as the second coming despite everything else she's invested in and predicted since being kind of garbage.
it ain't one vs 7.

What matters is the 4K a pop was hers when other tools called her names. Sometimes is good to do the one thing right.

Let's check on her fortune telling ability in 3-6 or so. Today is not the time.

it ain't one vs 7.

Not sure what this means?

What matters is the 4K a pop was hers when other tools called her names. Sometimes is good to do the one thing right.

That's why I compared her to Burry-- he, too, got one thing right-- and like her it was a REALLY big thing.... both have been wrong a LOT since then though.

Let's check on her fortune telling ability in 3-6 or so. Today is not the time.

Why?

Her net returns since 2019 have been pretty awful.... (only the big TSLA spike 2020-2021 helps you there)

If you exclude Tesla they've been pretty awful forever. You'd have been FAR better off Jan 1 2019 buying an S&P 500 index fund than ARKK (better than either just buying straight TSLA obviously)

It seems the ramp is going well

Screenshot_20231221_202047_YouTube.jpg

I hadn’t seen this posted. Autoline interview with Sandy Munro.

I love listening to John McElroy and he tends to get good and diverse guests. I haven’t listened to the whole thing yet. If I hear anything important and get a chance I’ll come back and share.

Tesla Model Y has broken Opel Kadett’s 37-year (!) old sales record in Denmark.
What helps, is that registration costs of new EV’s are “only :oops: ” 25% in Denmark.
But it is the Tesla Model Y that has grabbed the all-time no.1 position.
I suspect that some union there will not be overly happy with this sales record.

I appreciate the sentiments. I agree with @FireMedic too. Speaking only for myself most of the posts I respond to are ones that have provoked reaction and thoughts. The recent one in clarification of VAG is a case in point. when I thought about them, I then thought about the peer group of non-US based non-Chinese largest auto groups. That spawned the overt realization in a visceral way for me that TSLA simply cannot be compared with these entities.

Here at TMC much if the value comes when we, whoever we are, try to understand another poster and attempt to add perspective. Many times those efforts fail, sometimes we all learn more. There are too many of us for me to list who improve my understanding. When one of several correct my mistakes I learn quite suddenly in sometimes embarrassing ways. That fact-checking we do for each other adds to us all.

The stellar job our mods do to sort ‘wheat from chaff’ is too little valued. That is mostly a reflection of a regular tendency we have to pursue irrelevant topics. The value we have to each other would improve were those irrelevant social chitchat to be reserved for off-topic threads.

If only we had jbcarioca back. Way more informative and experienced than unk45.

I almost threw my phone out the window. Cathy asks Grok for good questions to ask Elon, and they were indeed good questions (about FSD V12, Optimus, AI), and just as Elon is about to answer, Cathy cuts him off and asks a long winded question that amounts to: talk about closed vs open source AI. Which Elon has already talked about a thousand times, and so, he repeats himself yet again (OpenAI should be called Maximum Profit seeking closed AI, bet you hadn't hear that one before, eh?).

Just ask Elon engineering questions, you twits! It isn't hard! And any question that takes 4 minutes to ask isn't a question, it's a soliloquy, which, hello! We don't want to hear, we want to listen to Elon, not Cathy's brain dead meandering unorganized brain.
Cathie Wood was and still is an Arthur Laffer (Laffer Curve) disciple, as I have pointed out here before. She still speaks highly of him.
The Laffer Curve is a blatant con which serves to justify tax cuts for the obscenely rich.
Anyone who defends it is either an ignorant tool, or a knowing conspirator.
It's about time that her early recognition of Tesla, and subsequent wavering investment in TSLA, are given a sloppy salute and laid to rest.
And that's all I have to say about that.