Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m seeing a few videos from the electric Viking and others suggesting that the model Y juniper will see as much as 20 percent longer range because of a new CATL battery pack.
So I’m assuming that if this is true it will probably be available in Canada but not the US as US built Y’s don’t use CATL batteries. Did I get that right or is there some sort of technology cross over into US made batteries. I’m not up on developing battery tech so be gentle on me.

Anyway. A 20 percent increase in range would get an immediate deposit from us as we tow almost all the time on long trips.

Happy and safe pre-new year everybody.
I don't have an opinion about standard range models but I'm certain we will see a reduction in pack size in the long range models before we see an increase in range.

How do I know? I listen to Elon and Elon has made it clear he thinks a little over 300 miles is enough.

Killer Robots on Mars. 'Coz everybody know killer robots gonna follow us to Mars. /s

shirt-1621377334-8bb50e0ce569c41bec8c1b675e359017.png

... or at least, to the U.K. :p
If they drive my CyberTruck here I'll call it a net positive.

No. No pre-orders. Wife still has a reservation for the cybertruck but thinking it might not be the right way to go for us. One nice thing about everybody switching to the tesla plugs is there are so many more choices. Not sure what we will do come 2025. Car, truck, SUV. Sure did enjoy our model x test drive the other day. Whatever it is it has to have a 3500 or greater tow capacity and better range than our existing model Y. The model X checks a lot of boxes.

Time will tell.

Cheers.
Cadillac Lyriq and some trims of the Blazer EV have 3.5klb towing.

Edmunds got 316 miles "real world" range from their Blazer RS EV. (2024 Chevrolet Blazer EV | Edmunds)
But they got 317 with a Model Y, so that's a no.

Reactions: Webeevdrivers
Any news driving the negative movement today? Feels more like the manipulators repositioning us for the desired Friday close….

Is it 'news' that the S&P 500 inclusion price on Dec 18, 2020 was $265 exactly? Or is it 'news' that some MMs still haven't covered their shorts? Oh wait, we will never know that, never you mind.

Just a coincidence that this a.m. intraday high was $265.13 and then the mole-wackers showed up. /s

I could care less about exclusivity. I'm interested in profit margins. If Tesla has the demand for 2500+ Foundation series Cybertrucks at the elevated margins, I'm all for it.
+1

I have mine configured now. (dual motor, though the tri was tempting) I'm taking the leap on an early product because Tesla has come through in the past for me in that area. I was finally able to see the best in real life and it really does deliver. I think it's the most interesting vehicle on the road today.

I don't care if they sell a million of the "limited edition". In fact, I hope they do.

The next gen car is going to be utilitarian. I’m not sure where the concern about getting fancy is coming from. On the Q3 earnings call Elon said “Just to be clear, it will be cool, but it's utilitarian. It's not meant to, you know, fill you with magic. It's to get you from A to B. It will be still beautiful, but it's utility.”
My wife wants something akin to the "Mr. Bean" car. I'd personally like to see a 2-door hatchback like the older H****a Civ**. We had two of those fun-to-drive machines back in the 90's.

At my age, I need something I can actually get into and out of, so a roadster is out of the question ;^)

Any news driving the negative movement today? Feels more like the manipulators repositioning us for the desired Friday close….
I have plans to do a large Roth conversion next week, so perhaps the manipulators are trying to help me???? (P.S.: I did a large conversion the first week of this January during the price bottom, and it felt real gooooood.)

I have plans to do a large Roth conversion next week, so perhaps the manipulators are trying to help me???? (P.S.: I did a large conversion the first week of this January during the price bottom, and it felt real gooooood.)

For any ROTH schemers who are also without taxable income to declare, it seems like we should be able to transfer up to the amount of our IRS standard deduction from the IRA to a ROTH and avoid the transfer being taxed as income.

I'll likely get more from the IRA transferred into the ROTH next week as well. Thus, avoiding tax on the transfer as income now, as well as avoiding capital gains tax when withdrawing from the ROTH later on after HODLing for a spell. 🤓

Disclaimer: This is meant as neither investment nor tax advice. Check with competent professionals to confirm the validity of this idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncaNed and CatB
Oh come on SOULPEDL, you can do it! Imagine how popular you'd be here in AZ giving all us other TMC members a ride in your new Founder's Edition CT! I'll even let Bandit sit on my lap! PLEASE!!! ;)🥲:)

Seriously, I can't wait to ride in/drive a CT, but will def wait for prices to come down, and quirks to get worked out. "You first!". "No, YOU first!" :p

Edit: I see a difference between being an early adopter and a guinea pig. 🤣;)
Dude!!! I got the letter today. I thought it was only for the Beast and didn't realize it's also for Dual @ $99k. I normally provision with FSD and white interior, so isn't this pretty much standard pricing? Considering...
(Edit: removed image of laser etch decal, lol)

Last edited: