Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time for Best Single 2024 Predictions

Each participant is invited to present his or her single best prognostication for a Tesla-related occurrence in the next 365.24 days. Please keep it simple and relevant, and remember that good humor always is in fashion.

Mine definitely is simple; it also is one many will think a pimple on the dark side of the moon in importance….

But thinking about it certainly warms the cockles of MY heart:

PREDICTION -

In 2024, Tesla will have some very, very exciting news coming out of Anchorage Alaska. (at long last!)
In 2024, I should be able to call one of the early (first?) European/German Cybertrucks my own, even if it costs me well into 6 figures (that is, if I can hold out health-wise, especially mentally 🤪). My TSLA stock will hopefully still have an extra digit 🤓.

On Edit: JUST ONE, PLEASE!

Each participant is invited to present his or her single best prognostication for a Tesla-related occurrence in the next 365.24 days. Please keep it simple and relevant, and remember that good humor always is in fashion.

Mine definitely is simple; it also is one many will think a pimple on the dark side of the moon in importance….

PREDICTION -

In 2024, Tesla will have some very, very exciting news coming out of Anchorage Alaska. (at long last!)
Why don’t we get all 366 days? It’s a leap year!

And I will predict at least 2.5 million deliveries, given the extra day.

Elon is Elon, simple as that, he has his "demon mode" and his supreme altruistic side, you never know which one is going to turn up to the party

I said this a couple of months back, everyone here has to read Isaacsson, it really helped me understand Musk, why he behaves the way he does and to a large extent it pretty much defused my concerns, and although I'm still aghast at a lot of his behaviour, I find myself filled with more admiration for his achievements than I was in the past

We'd have no Tesla without Elon's characters quirks, no orbital rockets landing on platforms at sea, no affordable satellite internet, and a lot of folks here would not be anywhere near as wealthy as they are today
I'm finally getting around to reading Isaacson. Couldn't agree more- valuable insight with Musk....should be required reading for this thread.

Elon is Elon, simple as that, he has his "demon mode" and his supreme altruistic side, you never know which one is going to turn up to the party

I said this a couple of months back, everyone here has to read Isaacsson, it really helped me understand Musk, why he behaves the way he does and to a large extent it pretty much defused my concerns, and although I'm still aghast at a lot of his behaviour, I find myself filled with more admiration for his achievements than I was in the past

We'd have no Tesla without Elon's characters quirks, no orbital rockets landing on platforms at sea, no affordable satellite internet, and a lot of folks here would not be anywhere near as wealthy as they are today

Elon's character and behavior make complete sense in the context of how much bull*hit there is in corporate culture, regulations, large industries, etc.

You simply cannot achieve 20% of what Elon has achieved by being politically correct and patient.

Anyone who has worked in complex industries would understand.

I think most people would have given up and euthanized their ambitions when faced with the immense molasses that is government regulations, poor worker performance, media bias and FUD, "woke" culture, etc. etc.

Elon has very pure intentions, and he's not willing to back down because of human deficiencies and bull*hit, simple as that. Elon combines godly grit with alien-level decision-making.

Last edited:

PREDICTION -

In 2024, Optimus will learn "pull my finger".

Thanks for correcting my presumption, however the point remains, has been coming along time, Tesla been sitting on their hands the last 12 months doing nothing about it? Not their, or Elon's usual approach IMO
I'm not sure that the current guidance was published 12 months ago? Seems like there was a fairly recent announcement that TM3 might not qualify in 2024. Additionally, you have the potential for legacy to arm twist the current administration to reconsider or relax the guidance (like they always do). But I agree with your underlying point that whatever 2024 brings, Tesla is pretty scrappy at finding a way to roll with it. No matter what they actually do, having consumers believe that a subsidy might disappear next year should help them sell more vehicles this quarter.

Reactions: Max Plaid
Love when Tesla listens...

Text...
The new Supercharger dispensers are worse for Tesla drivers:

1. The cables are heavier

2. The cables are less flexible and make it difficult to bend the cable and place the plug where you want it

3. The grip of the holster makes the plug fall onto the ground and gets snow/dirt exposure

4. They’re much taller and opaque, and blocks visibility at the site

All while having no power supply improvements.

Response....
Minor things matter. Cable dock & stiffness improvements coming soon!

I'm not sure that the current guidance was published 12 months ago? Seems like there was a fairly recent announcement that TM3 might not qualify in 2024. Additionally, you have the potential for legacy to arm twist the current administration to reconsider or relax the guidance (like they always do). But I agree with your underlying point that whatever 2024 brings, Tesla is pretty scrappy at finding a way to roll with it. No matter what they actually do, having consumers believe that a subsidy might disappear next year should help them sell more vehicles this quarter.
Official 2023 guidance was finally released in April after the tax deadline.
However, the legislation has always been clear on the impact of the excluded entity clause ($0 credit eligibility if the battety uses Chinese components). Only remote hope was that IRS/ Treasury would lessen the impact somehow (but that was never very likely/ feasible).
As it is, the Commercial Clean Vehicle Credit will still be valid, so businesses and leases can benefit from a $7,500 credit.

Love when Tesla listens...

Text...
The new Supercharger dispensers are worse for Tesla drivers:

1. The cables are heavier

2. The cables are less flexible and make it difficult to bend the cable and place the plug where you want it

3. The grip of the holster makes the plug fall onto the ground and gets snow/dirt exposure

4. They’re much taller and opaque, and blocks visibility at the site

All while having no power supply improvements.

Response....
Minor things matter. Cable dock & stiffness improvements coming soon!
Also--they're not red! Inconcieveable!

PREDICTION -

In response to the 2024 share price bump to $800, @Krugerrand will decide she needs to move up to a bigger mountain (with a better view and increased security).