Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. "Juniper" is just a refresh of the MY, which should be very similar to the Highland refresh of the M3. Think a new front bumper shroud, some interior changes, vented seats, upgraded suspension, but the overall body lines should be the same as the current MY.

The two cars under those tarps have very different body lines from the MY. These are something else...

Huh, yeah it might be a MY with the front end and tailgate removed...
Juniper? - no it's too small; it's the Dio Tesla ( Dio - THEE-oh - δύο : Try remembering "duo" for "dio" - again, like in a musical duo. But note that the actual sound is a soft "Th" rather than the hard dental "D".

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: ShareLofty
I know perspective is throwing everything off because its closer to the camera, with that stated it looks the same to be the same size of MY. Could it be these are Juniper chassis?
Those are definately not Model Y under those car covers, the profiles are different which aren't distorted by distance. Also, there's no reason why Tesla would ship Model Y under cover unless its a Juniper, but we have already ruled that out.

We should be seeing prototypes of the $25K car, but I bet most of the work is being done in China where they do not have a problem keeping projects secret.
The $25K car will not be designed in China. Elon already said that their design department isn't ready yet to do a whole car. The Gen 3 car is being designed by Franz's team in Hawthorne, and the first production location is Austin. Now we see that Alpha builds have begun in Austin.

Remember, it was just 6 months from the time we spotted the first Model S Plaid under cover being moved around at the Fremont Factory until the Delivery event. It was a similar amount of time from the first CT build to the Delivery Event. This is the NEWS today (not the non-news that Hertz is a poor fleet operator - how long again since their last backrupce?).

Last edited:
I looked at the Model 3 Highland in Ultra Red. It's stunning. Gonna order one for my girlfriend soon... It's a pretty big step up looks and feel, making it look a lot more like Porsche than a Mazda. Now they cut prices also. Gonna sting for the competition in that price range...

I think Highland has made it possible for Tesla to increase production in Shanghai and Tesla have decided to go for scale rather than short term profits. Thus they choose to lower the price to increase demand. Good luck for the western competition who will never get the chance to get to scale... So I would assume that Shanghai output of Model 3 for 2024 will be very high. Model Y will also be high but see a refresh some point during the year.

I can grok that wish. Do you get this? Words of one ... you know.
Joe Isuzu
Isuzu + k = Suzuki
Suzuki made the Sidekick
Tesla builds Cybertrucks in Texas so you don't need to walk or drive a Ranger
Walker Texas Ranger starred Chuck Norris and his sidekick was Jimmy Trivette... tri vette
Tri-motor Cybertruck accelerates like a Corvette

• Does Costco have an important mission?
  • Do employees at Costco do interesting and challenging work?
  • Are smart hardworking people attracted to working at Costco?
  • Does CostCo have a flat organisation structure?
  • Is company equity part of the salary package at Costco?
Costco might be able to tick some of these boxes, but in some areas Tesla has a natural edge that is hard to replicate.

Hard working intelligent people rarely need a union, because usually the company knows how valuable they are, and retention is a priority.

I have no doubt some people will attempt to infiltrate Tesla with the intention to unionize. That will be for political, ideological, and self-interest reasons, nothing to do with how Tesla staff are treated.

This a risk recruitment and HR need to consider.

Optimus doing low-skill repetitive and boring work should mean all Tesla employees are eventually doing well paid interesting work and raising the bar on the qualifications and skills needed to join Tesla will help screen out future union infiltrators.

We are also at the stage where factory line employees from other car companies don't necessarily have any vital skills that Tesla needs to acquire. Higher skilled workers from existing car companies should have similar motivations to existing employees.
UAW needs at least 30% of workers from a plant to sign a union card before they move to unionize it. Doesn't mean that they don't have people there now trying to get enough workers to sign the card to get to the 30%.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240111-223430.png
    Screenshot_20240111-223430.png
    674.5 KB · Views: 16
Options Market Makers know your position because brokers share information below deck. Collectively, they know who is vulnerable, and when to strike. Don't play their game.

Shaka, when the walls fell:

Tesla Economist on X: "Who knows, maybe this is Elon's intention, to keep everything quiet, so that only the fanboys who can HODL through the darkest periods of $TSLA get to benefit. Reward the true believers. And their faith will pay off." Twitter • 5 hours ago​

Tesla Economist on X: "Who knows, maybe this is Elon's intention, to keep everything quiet, so that only the fanboys who can HODL through the darkest periods of $TSLA get to benefit. Reward the true believers. And their faith will pay off." Twitter • 5 hours ago​
Really doubt Elon thinks that much about the stock price. He knows TSLA is under constant attack. He's advised everyone to not invest in TSLA if they can't handle the volatility. He's got plenty of things to work on that he has more control over and that move the mission forward; the day to day fluctuations of TSLA probably barely register on his conciousnness anymore.

That said, I'm sure he loves the smell of shorts burning in the morning every now and again.

Really doubt Elon thinks that much about the stock price. He knows TSLA is under constant attack. He's advised everyone to not invest in TSLA if they can't handle the volatility. He's got plenty of things to work on that he has more control over and that move the mission forward; the day to day fluctuations of TSLA probably barely register on his conciousnness anymore.

That said, I'm sure he loves the smell of shorts burning in the morning every now and again.
I'm sure this is right.

But given how much he loves the smell of shorts burning every now and again, wouldn't it be great if he would do something out of the blue to burn shorts? Send a message that he could do it again anytime, so be careful shorting TSLA?

Something like what others have previously mentioned: a one-time small cash or even bitcoin dividend (don't even know if that's possible), effective as quickly as possible.

I know it's not important to the mission and he has more important things to focus on. I guess I'm more vindictive than Elon is. I would take great enjoyment out of doing something like this if I were Elon. I'm sure he could order the finance team to make it happen if he wanted to do so. Just thinking out loud, as it's frustrating watching the SP drop day after day when macros are higher and the future looks so bright for Tesla. Sigh.

Remember this gem?

1705045039361.png

The stock was <$50 at this point adjusted for splits