Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds good but with mature designs most of the cost has been wrung out and production ramped up. Tesla is talking about cost savings on the order of pennies.
1706569958927.png

This was selling from an Individual account to buy in the Roth. No direct share transfer that I could find. Only cash transfer.

I did do an IRA to Roth transfer directly, a week or so ago.
My guess would be it is not allowed to transfer shares from an individual account directly to a Roth, because those shares may have unrealized gains. And the government wants their tax :)

Looks like 6+ universal wall connectors at a very out of the way tiny gas station. Maybe state subsidized? It’s in NC

This is the only gas station within at least 15 miles, but it is right off the exit ramp of a major highway.

I feel bad, but I think he’s wasting money. The owner is an immigrant and I don’t think he understands EVs. It’s a run-down gas station primarily used by truckers and locals in the middle of nowhere. I wonder if he thought these would be the same as a supercharger. He drives an old Lexus and always parks in the spot closest to the entrance of the store, oddly enough.

The only reason I can imagine anyone using these is as a saving grace if you wind up having a 1% SOC and can’t make it to a SC. If you own an EV out by this gas station you definitely have a level 2 at home already since there are no SCs around. Can’t imagine how much he paid, but at least he’s trying!

Closest SC is about 20 min away. Absolutely nothing around other than some old factories that if I had to guess, less that 0.5% drive a Tesla. I’d say the population within a 20 mile radius is less than 5k people.

There is literally nothing within a 15 minute drive from this place, let alone walking.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
I think it's wonderful to see the crowds in China looking at the Cybertruck. Heartwarming. Not that this really means anything hugely positive for the business (can't hurt), but it's just cool to see such enthusiasm for unique industrial design and widespread appreciation for the work of the designers. I wonder whether they thought to include Starship, its design sibling, in the tour.

It seems to be following on Franz's recent trip to China.

Last edited:
The returnable deposit has nothing to do with

Sure it does. The time when you either pay the remainder of the money, or they are obligated to return the deposit is also when they are obligated to tell you exactly what they will deliver. Again: You claim they were withholding truth, when the reality is they disclosed what they actually were able to deliver when they were obligated to deliver it... now I understand that you might have wanted quarterly updates (heck I wouldn't have minded), but disclosing final specs when it was required to do so isn't nefarious.

Elon's consistent decision to tell the public that his team was working and improving the vehicle when he was asked about it.

They didn't? Was 4-wheel steering part of the original spec? 240V outlet? Megacastings? Larger front screen? Steer by wire? Rear screen? 250KWh charging?

You do realize that not being able to meet some spec targets doesn't mean they weren't "working and improving the vehicle when he was asked about it", right?

He made a conscious decision to withhold the true "progress" regarding the failure to meet the continuously stated goals.

Where were these continuously stated since the announcement? Perhaps some tweets shortly thereafter, but continuously means without break.. where was he stating this right up until the day of the event? (And I'll point out as you say, they were goals....)

HAHA, I I just thought of one action Tesla took which predicated the failures of Tesla. Remember when they took down the "level" that those that reserved a vehicle had made. Yeah, they knew then, but were not forthcoming with the information? Smoove move. Milton.

Firstly, they've also done things like issue non-sequential VIN's to thwart folks attempting to extrapolate data, so not disclosing reservations may have valid reasons that have nothing to do with this...

Speaking of "nothing to do with this"... secondly what does not wanting to disclose reservation #'s have to do with not making all final spec goals (while improving others)? It's not like anybody else outside Tesla knew final specs and decided to not reserve, right?

Last edited:
Stop it. Talk about selective hearing.

1. He said they suggested he go get some food. He didn’t have to. Nobody held a gun to his head. And yes, when he returned the doors were locked BUT ‘the guy’ (Travis?) opened the door for him and they spoke more so he wasn’t locked out and he was aware of their hours of business.

Seriously, if you’re going to sit for three hours while nothing happens - what was he even waiting for as he was told the person who issues the refund wasn’t going to be in until Monday - then you might as well sit there until you pass out from low blood sugar and they have to call the paramedics. Or as I said, sit until they have to call the cops.

Clearly, nobody at the Tesla store knew what to do or could do anything in the moment. That takes 30 seconds to find out not hours upon hours.

2. Then don’t drive 5 1/2 hours. Don’t show up. And as I said, don’t pay another cent (including a fee he claimed to have paid that he had no idea what it was for!?) UNTIL you confirm the car is what the website said it was. Like, duh.

3. I didn’t argue that. I clearly stated if I was in charge, Travis’s a$$ would be grass.

Stop being outraged for someone you don’t even know and is as incompetent as the person yanking his chain.
Some posters here take "fanbois" to an entirely new level.

You must have missed the facts stated, or you're just blinded by the Telsa light.

1. He had already secured the loan and paid for the car, sight unseen (as the norm for Tesla). Sure, he should just remained home until someone from Tesla responded to his THREE messages while leaving the car there to rot while making payments on his $55k loan. (What planet are you on?)

2. Yes, most customers should go hungry while they wait to hear back "from the manager" on why the WRONG CAR was delivered by Tesla. Who needs food after all?

3. I don't care about where the screw up occurred, or why Tesla is keeping his $1,500 (while also lying about his refund and inventing reasons that he should have known the wrong car was being delivered). What I care about is what Tesla is doing to fix this, and how it happened in the first place so that it NEVER happens again. Screw ups happen--the truth and honor of firm lies in how it responds to those errors.

BY ANY MEASURE, Tesla's non-replies and flat out lies to this repeat Tesla buyer are a pathetic insult. I suspect this 3-part videos series is going to get six- or seven-figure view count, and a LOT MORE when/if the mainstream media picks it up and it goes viral--that's the absolute WRONG kind of publicity.

Please stop making absurd excuses for Tesla's inexcusable behavior.

This is just another reason our stock has languished for years now--no one is minding the damn store (the friggin' DETAILS) at Tesla and it's time for us, the shareholders/owners, to start making it known that the indicators/problems are becoming a bit too obvious. It's as if the local used car dealer schmucks have taken over at Tesla--how is beyond me, but here we are.

Here's how to reach the Tesla Board of Directors:

I'll be writing them and including the link to the YT video; I expect other shareholders that have watched these videos will do the same . . . .

Last edited:
Just letting folks know that I picked up my Cybertruck today in Marina Del Rey, CA. I can not find a single fault with this truck. I have owned several full size trucks in my day. This truck is great that it has a full size 6' bed yet overall, it is more compact than any 1/2 legacy truck. Whereas all my previous trucks wandered all over the road and required constant and exhausting steering correction, the Cybertruck drives like a dream.

The fingerprints are really not that big a deal. Windex and a microfiber cloth takes them right off. I was also pleased to see that driving as I normally would, my 100 miles energy use is 330 wh/mile. Basically 3 miles on a kWh. 3 x 123 is actually 369 miles which is higher than rated. I am a really good hyper-miler but at least this balances those people who drive like mad and then complain about 250 miles range.

I would say the youtube videos that claim the Cybertruck is a nightmare and failure are pure FUD. This truck is going to sell word-of-mouth like frickin' crazy!! Better yet, anyone who rides in one is gonna have to have one!
IMG_0316.jpg