Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool, keep teaching me.

The stock price isn't low enough to justify buying today. They've still got a long way to go down before it's worth the risk

Lesson #3

Avoid making any attempt to "call the bottom," though, looking for a clear percentage gain on a reversal can be an effective strategy to apply.

Many successful investors have benefited by consistently buying on the way down and, after a reversal, while on the way up as well.

"If you don't care for volatility, don't invest in Tesla" - Elon Musk

FSD v12 is still a level 2 system that makes assinine decisions at unpredictable times.

While this is true, it is also true that v12 is massively improved over what FSD was a few years ago. The trend of continuous improvement is obvious (though I would also say its very slow).

Optimus is only doing today what Boston Scientific and Carnegie Mellon were doing ages ago.

No, you don't seem to know much about real world robotics if you really believe that. Tesla and Figure 1 are both out in the lead right now by a good margin, most of the experts today believe this. Advances in learning AI is enabling this to happen very quickly. We are very close to useable humanoids in real world applications.

W
While this is true, it is also true that v12 is massively improved over what FSD was a few years ago. The trend of continuous improvement is obvious (though I would also say its very slow).

No, you don't seem to know much about real world robotics if you really believe that. Tesla and Figure 1 are both out in the lead right now by a good margin, most of the experts today believe this. Advances in learning AI is enabling this to happen very quickly. We are very close to useable humanoids in real world applications.

What AI have they demonstrated with Optimus thus far?

Lesson #3

Avoid making any attempt to "call the bottom," though, looking for a clear percentage gain on a reversal can be an effective strategy to apply.

Many successful investors have benefited by consistently buying on the way down and, after a reversal, while on the way up as well.

"If you don't care for volatility, don't invest in Tesla" - Elon Musk
Wow, you're really teaching me all sorts of things I have never learned before! Where would I be without such generous individuals such as yourself?

Yeah no duh you shouldn't try to call the bottom, but if you think that you're going to see $100 before $300, investing today is still a poor move.

I take back that Tesla hasn't improve Model S/X charging curve

View attachment 1015933

There's enough variability that it's hard to say if the 4-6% increase is an actual software change or just expected variation. I can't find a similar curve for the Plaid, but most Teslas have some degree of variability within a charge curve (but as this chart also shows, they do occasionally change the curve)

1707241027771.png

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
This fsd version is impressive, they are on the right track.
Anyone find it odd that Whole Mars still has the same version of V12? And still no others (that we know of)? Maybe it's taking longer to learn new tricks (bigger data set). It's been 17 day since he first got it, 32 videos in total, all on V12.1.2.

I'm holding, but if I had some spare change in the couch I'd buy as many shares as I possibly could for the next several years, regardless of price.

The trajectory for Tesla's wide range of problem-solving products is steep and long-term. Tesla's consistency in achieving and maintaining exponential growth over many years is unmatched.

The company has superior products, as compared to the offerings in BEVs, Energy Storage, AI development, and Robotics being achieved from any other single manufacturer, or individual manufacturer in any category.

It would be foolish to discount the high level of engineering expertise concentrated into one company delivering innovations across so many significant markets.

Tesla is a pioneer bringing disruption to Auto, Energy, Labor, and Compute/AI at a faster pace than all others.

Tesla has been consistently delivering upon their mission statement, "To accelerate the transition to sustainable energy" for going on two decades.

Last edited:
50+% gross margins are par for the course for advanced semiconductors.
Here comes that pricing pressure with AMD. This company is a moat breaker, just ask Intel (also working on their version).

Anyone find it odd that Whole Mars still has the same version of V12? And still no others (that we know of)? Maybe it's taking longer to learn new tricks (bigger data set). It's been 17 day since he first got it, 32 videos in total, all on V12.1.2.
When I watch those videos I find it odd the whole world isn't going bananas over FSD.

Totally agree. But maybe start with the people who came here to say nasty things about Elon. Had they simply gave their stock ownership departure speeches without blaming someone else for their decisions, I imagine the responses would have been different.

Hi, my name is Brian. Today I sold all my TSLA stock. It’s been wonderful getting to know everyone, but now I must depart.

Versus

Hi, my name is Brian. Today I sold all my TSLA stock because Elon sucks balls. I’m still going to hang around spouting venom about him because he’s not making me anymore free money.

There’s a difference. No?
Can we double like (actually love) this?

As you all know, I rarely post. Others just seem to cover topics better than me (so, I Like-a-Lot). Most of the whingers and "Elon sucks balls" crowd have been put on mute (you've made your point....over and over, but frankly I disagree).

This resource to too valuable to allow the quality contributors to get sick of it and leave and I think the Team has been more than patient with the ESBers.

Is it time for some time-outs and out right bans?

Here comes that pricing pressure with AMD. This company is a moat breaker, just ask Intel (also working on their version).

I just convinced myself to get some... NVidia will soon be losing market share. Nobody maintains 92% for very long at high margin.

1707242529702.png

I must say, this felt weird as a former Intel employee. But I gotta ask... where's Mobile-Eye now right?

Blessed are the MODs.

Was going to catch up on this thread since yesterday afternoon... IMHO at least 3 of the last 12 pages worth of... posts... would better fit almost anywhere except here, even though we've been graced with many extremely relevant posts about genocidal FSD Tesla Optimus bots here...

No one should be offended at being deleted as MODS thanklessly work to keep us on track and relevant; I'd be happy if this post, along with about 40 others, ends up far, far away from here.

Edit- in other words, carefully sorting through this mess is orders of magnitude above their paygrade.

Last edited: