Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone come up with anything that Elon said turned out to be just plain true. Any date that was real, any stat that was real? Really anything?

By the way my family finished getting out of TSLA today. In total a little under $4M. Feels good to not feel any need to defend Elon any longer. Maybe someday the Broke Mind Virus will go away and we invest again. Dont get me wrong, will still defend Tesla vehicles. They are the best on the road, but more importantly will still defend EVs and push back against EV and Green Energy FUD.
Can all of you GTFO this forum too? Askin' for a friend.

Anyone plans on donating this money since you feel that Elon scammed everyone with false claims getting you these millions? Must be eating your virtue up inside becoming rich being part of this gigantic fraud. PM me for places to donate so we can help you make yourself whole again.

If no plans on donating your gains then STFU. No one here is interested in your virtue signaling.

You are bringing the game park thread together with this one by making reference to a hippo-crit, aren't you? 🤔

Was it in 2020 or 2021 that Elon said the Model Y will probably be the best selling car by revenues first, then by volume in 2023?

Early 2021- Predicted best selling by revenue in 2022 (and it was) and best selling by volume in 2023 (it was)

Good callout on a well known example much more recent than 2014.

I can't wait to see where the guy asking moves the goalposts next.

Can anyone come up with anything that Elon said turned out to be just plain true. Any date that was real, any stat that was real? Really anything?
Sure, quite a bit. But your judgement seems pretty clouded by your biases so it won’t really matter.

For example, Elon predicted Model Y would be the best selling car in the world. Guess what?

He predicted hydrogen would fail as a fuel source. Guess what?

He also predicted he’d be able to make reusable rockets that land in the ocean and dramatically bring down the cost of space launch. Guess what?

He predicted Lidar wasn’t necessary for self-driving. Guess what? Now everyone else is following in his footsteps.

He predicted chips implanted in a brain could be used to communicate with machines purely with thought. Guess what?

He predicted Tesla would build 500,000 cars in 2020. Aw shiz, he was off by a few.

It’s amazing watching people let their biases of one person’s personal opinions sway their investment decisions.

Last time I remember that happening ol’ Neroden left millions on the table. But I’m sure he was at least content with his prejudices.

It's a question of TMC forum utility, how the up/down/and other votes are applied.

Is there a way to choose any post and see the list of replying posts ; essentially reformatting with a selected post followed by all the replying posts?

OR - is any of this available in a TMC APP? I view TMC in my Android phone, windows/Chrome, and my Iphone Safari browser; am I the only one not using the APP?

Surely there's no need to reinvent the wheel to fill in the tech gaps that even a Technological neanderthal like myself thinks obvious.
You're not the only one wishing for this capability mate. It's really frustrating when you've been off the Perpetual thread for a day or two and see a post that you want to reply/respond but your post would show up 15 pages later! I suppose we could make each post a thread unto itself (as is done on other threads on this forum) but this particular thread doesn't easily lend itself to that.

I personally would rather have the choice for it either to look like a Reddit or X post with replies underneath the post or in the current format, but I do understand that would be a lot of work. However, on days like the last few, it would be helpful.

JMHO

2 years ago didnt think Elon would go nuts. I like many other feared missing out. Still love Tesla, just dont trust the leader. No one can give me any reason why over next 2 years expect much of a run up. This isnt like when Model 3 and Model Y came out and people doubted ramp. Even Tesla in the last report wouldnt give guidance. So we will take those funds and put into assets that are performing well. We feel a combination of say MSFT, AAPL, AMZN, NVDA, etc. will outperform TSLA. We can always come back if we see some sort of change. After all mentioned before our holdings in IRA's so we have no tax consequences for getting out and later returning.

Many posters here will probably mock you for this, but I agree that a portfolio of MSFT, AAPL, AMZN, and NVDA would probably outperform TSLA over the next year or two. Probably. Maybe.

However, Tesla is gearing up for the next growth phase, and we honestly don't know WHEN it will take off. Could be in two years, but it also could happen this year. Megapacks could be the surprise juice which boost the fundamentals this year beyond what anyone is expecting. COGS could come down a lot and juice margins. No one knows. For that reason, I'm simply holding TSLA during the growth slump. TSLA is too volatile to time the market with it.

You'll probably make profit with what you are doing, I just hope you don't miss out on even larger profits by taking the simpler route of holding. Good luck.

Last edited:
Many posters here will probably mock you for this, but I agree that a portfolio of MSFT, AAPL, AMZN, and NVDA would probably outperform TSLA over the next year or two. Probably. Maybe.

However, Tesla is gearing up for the next growth phase, and we honestly don't know WHEN it will take off. Could be in two years, but it also could happen this year. Megapacks could be the surprise juice which boost the fundamentals this year beyond what anyone is expecting. COGS could come down a lot and juice margins. No one knows. For that reason, I'm simply holding TSLA during the growth slump. TSLA is too volatile to time the market with it.

You'll probably make profit with what you are doing, I just hope you don't miss out on even larger profits by taking the simpler route of holding. Good luck.
Those stock are great-but... There is a possibility that they could all take a not insignificant straight leg down at any time now. The run up has been incredible..

As I mentioned least week, I expected Tesla to tighten the belt on spending. The news below may get spun negatively but this is good news if true.
Companies need to prune occasionally as there is often waste that creeps into the system.

Could see the handwriting on the wall with all the other layoffs/firings happening around the tech world recently. I do wonder how much AI had a virtual hand in all this?

Data point. I finalized my order over 3 weeks ago and not a peep. Course, delivering to buttocksfudgenowhere may not be on the top of their list.
I ordered Dec 8th, heard nothing, then out of the blue a telephone call last Thursday. Picked it up Saturday. Used it to power my house Sunday when PG&E failed us during a storm. Yes, I really like it.