Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite the delay, you could still be the first in this forum to post a photo of a cat in a CT

Got to thinking about how, in the interest of safety, it could be pointed out that @Krugerrand should avoid actually letting the cat drive the CT on her mountain.

Well, maybe cat operation while on FSD would be okay...

Now, back to your regularly scheduled episode of
As the TSLA Turns (green)​

Last edited:
Generative AI and LLMs in their current form and architecture aren't good enough yet for profitable applications, imo (still need to cross-check and confirm outputs).

You are quite correct in my view. Much of the LLM based AI is pure hype. The apps are superficial and easy to copy so no moat. Microsoft will dominate in volume simply due to the installed base of ms office and there is a serious threat to google search. There will be increasing barriers as people protect their data and try for royalties on the training data respected groups like Gartner think this first wave will all be done in two years or less. It’s the vertically integrated game changing AI for things such as FSD and other process driven apps that will truly impact us all. I am happy for the chip guys on their current roll. But make hay now. It’s a bubble and won’t last long. Tesla’s lead is not recognised in all the noise but I am very convinced that it will get there and unlike others they have the scale to make a difference. Tesla has the data. It has the technology - or nearly there - and it has the defined market and app need. Patience is very hard at times but persistence will pay off. :)

ChatGTP4 paying user here. ChatGPT saves me so much time otherwise spent googling that the 20 dollar per month fee is a no-brainer. I use it while programming to look up api’s and code fragments that I don’t know by heart. It is starting to work so well that I let it generate larger and larger snippets, eliminating more and more google. Yes I have to verify and sometimes l have to correct, but that is a lot less work than looking everything up online (which itself was a lot less work compared to looking up API docs in paper books).

I notice a similarity with FSD and Autopilot here. They also have their flaws and limitations, but that doesn’t mean they’re useless. Even in the current state they perform useful work, but the required supervision is less effort than doing everything yourself.

I like Dillon's style, and this episode was a particularly good one with a lot of information on so many current topics. A snippet from the most recent Joe Justice video, extended Ford coverage, CT in a fog, as well as a funny dig at Ross G from a youtuber toward the end. Enjoy

Definitely worth watching!! Amazing info about cost reductions and constantly improvements, Tesla's agile manufacturing is vastly more agile than I could ever have imagined thanks to Tesla's AI.

OOPS- THIS is the video I meant to reccommend, not the FSD one I goofed and posted earlier.

Been that way for a while. I can name at least three others who do the exact same thing and are often operating in tandem.
1707420468932.jpeg

Attachments

• 1707420350644.jpeg
    1707420350644.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 14
ChatGTP4 paying user here. ChatGPT saves me so much time otherwise spent googling that the 20 dollar per month fee is a no-brainer. I use it while programming to look up api’s and code fragments that I don’t know by heart. It is starting to work so well that I let it generate larger and larger snippets, eliminating more and more google. Yes I have to verify and sometimes l have to correct, but that is a lot less work than looking everything up online (which itself was a lot less work compared to looking up API docs in paper books).

I notice a similarity with FSD and Autopilot here. They also have their flaws and limitations, but that doesn’t mean they’re useless. Even in the current state they perform useful work, but the required supervision is less effort than doing everything yourself.
It's not Artificial Intelligence replacing jobs that most people should worry about. It's the competitor/colleague using AI to make them more productive someone has to worry about.

$440 by the end of this year.

View attachment 1016627

That's just something you cobbled together, isn't it?

Nonetheless, my ponderations have led me to consider how the absence of something, like, say, Tesla guidance, might leave a vacuum.

In this vacuum, analysts don't have targets from which they can find reasons why Tesla will never reach them and spend their spare time either talking about that on CNBS, or watching their peers do so.

This leaves them with little to do other than grumble about how mama bird didn't provide their favorite snack, and that is bound to become boring in short order. Eventually, this void will be filled, but, with what?

Suppose for a moment that some of these analysts decide to actually analyze Tesla. I know, it is a stretch, but roll with me for a minute here. They are looking for something to do with their time as they don't have any of Tesla's aspirations to dash and there is nothing on the horizon that is obvious enough to get their attention. You know how it is, sitting in reception waiting to be called for your turn with the dentist and you pick up some random magazine and by sheer happenstance you learn something new.

Some A few A scant few of these analysts might, by pure luck, accidentally pick up something about Tesla Energy, or A.I., or Next Gen, that piques their curiosity enough that they Googlerize over it, just to see what turns up.

How many of us became Tesla cult members just this way? What if they share this discovery over coffee, because there isn't anything better to talk about, because they have no Tesla guidance, and the vacuum sucks conversation about this new-found aspect from their otherwise empty noggins?

Next thing you know, they decide maybe they should buy a few shares, and tell two friends, who tell two friends, who tell two friends and before you know it the tide has changed and TSLA is off to the races.

Simply because the executives didn't say peep at the Earnings Call and left a gaping black hole of curiosity for these analysts to fall into.

HODL

Last edited:
Since it's before hours, I'll point out that, especially with your darker color text on the "Dark" forum theme, at first glance your initials appear to actually say "grr"...

Kinda chuckleriffic when they are placed right after a stern warning... 😜
You are not even close to being the first to make that observation. It even saved me a traffic ticket one day when the cop made the same mistake.
MLCC1version1.jpg

What, they believe the FUD, clickbait headline from Fredtrek?

Or what actually was said, that Kimbal believes FSD is pretty much done but that it's going to take 5 years for regulators to approve?
1. That's not what he said. He never even hinted at it being pretty much done.
2. There's no approvals necessary in most places.

FSD is level 2. V12 is level 2. There's no reason to believe it's "close to being done" at this point. Maybe you don't know what FUD means, but there's a poll here and most believe level 4 is 5+ years away.

This is more in line with what most testers believe.

There is a distinction to consider here.

Kimbal indicates in the video his enthusiasm about how close FSD is while demonstrating it when it is brought up in conversation.

When asked about deploying Robotaxis he sees problems with that being implemented in the same time frame as solving FSD because of regulatory hurdles.

Kimbal is actually optimistic about FSD, and looks further out for Robotaxi and/or cars with no steering wheel.

Consider the source of the article, watch the video, compare the article's spin to what was actually said.

1. That's not what he said. He never even hinted at it being pretty much done.
2. There's no approvals necessary in most places.

FSD is level 2. V12 is level 2. There's no reason to believe it's "close to being done" at this point. Maybe you don't know what FUD means, but there's a poll here and most believe level 4 is 5+ years away.
The guy asks him how long he thinks it will be before regulators approve.

I actually agree with you that it's not that close.

I was just commenting on the headline and article. I encourage everyone to actually watch the interview rather than rely on Fredtrek.

Doh, ninja-ed by @2daMoon. He also explained it much better than me.