Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's an interesting Aspie to Aspie interview between SMR and Dr. Know-it-all as they ponder the near and far future of AI, Health, Bots, Tesla, and more. It is nice to see Steven in an environment where he is interacting, and how it contrasts with his persona on the Solving The Money Problem channel.

So Elon is Aspie, and now more folks identify as Aspie? is that it ..?

BYD will launch here in Brazil a mini version of the Dolphin, creatively named the Dolphin Mini, which is just a rename of the Seagull in other markets, but the biggest point is it should be under R$100k, and for context, the cheapest new car you can buy today costs R$72k

It's tiny, but the fact that it will be available here at this price point is mind-blowing. Definitely not for road trips, 38 kWh battery pack, 40 kW max DC and just 75 hp

View attachment 1022178

Updated, it launched for R$115k with a R$10k discount on the first batch due to them being a 4 seats version, 5 will come latter

Huge miss in my opinion and lots of disappointment going around. Way too much money for a tiny car with limited range, slow charging, no cargo space and so on

Ignoring the fact it’s an EV, much much better ICE options on that price point

We still have room for the Tesla compact here

So Elon is Aspie, and now more folks identify as Aspie? is that it ..?

They have each made that clear in their own channels over the years. Both prior to Elon's SNL Aspie moment.

I was only making a point of it as I appreciate the perspective from folks "on the spectrum" as it is likely to be fact-based.

So, no, I think that Aspies identify as Aspies... Elon included.
(after all, there is a test required in order to join the club)

Last edited:
There will not be less shuttles, the shuttles are there to attract employees from long distances away. Killeen to the factory is around 60 miles. Chartering buses is expensive but Tesla needs the workers.

I think that was in reference to Parking Lot shuttles. It's like a mile from the NE overflow lot to the CT line in the SW of the Main Factory. It's like Disneyland, without the Goofy... :p

The WSJ printed an article two days ago titled "Nvidia’s Rivals See Shifting AI Market As a Boon."

"Big tech companies—including Meta Platforms, Microsoft, Alphabet’s Google and Amazon.com—have been working to develop inference chips in-house, recognizing the coming shift and the benefits of being able to do inference more cheaply.
Amazon, for example, has had inference chips since 2018, and inference represents 40% of computing costs for its Alexa smart assistant,…"

Naturally, the WSJ called out that Tesla deployed its own in-house developed inference chip in its cars in 2018 and that Tesla has millions of cars that are essentially robots using its chips on the roads today. Oh wait, no, the WSJ neglected to mention that…

Saw this while browsing some other site that only has one letter:

1709156375094.png

Bullish right? right?

"Fall for" implies deceit.

I am unaware of Elon ever being deceitful. Optimistic perhaps, but that in no way can be equated to purposefully making a statement based upon something other than fact.

What do you think he has to gain by lying, or using deceit to take some advantage?

I don't think that is even in his DNA to attempt.

Granted, the facts never prevent anyone from interpreting a factual statement in such a way as to lead them to believe it is false. GJ, and a few TMC posters, regularly fall into this category.
If you want to believe he's really smart, you should be hoping he's been deceitful many times.

it was not looking down. this emoji 👀 is quite popular, and in this context I interpret it as "you'll see".
I bet 20$ the car will briefly "fly".
Elon is tricky, I think the emoji as used has a double meaning. Looking down in this case means "lower."

Fly? To what point? Sounds dangerous. Whereas, a car/boat that can go underwater briefly would be about as cool a thing a twelve year old could imagine. Elon wanted to make the CT swim but got shut down by the team. This time he's going to make it happen. As far as the tech goes:

Under water, the cold gas thrusters could be used for propulsion, maneuvering, air supply, pressurization and buoyancy. The battery will work great underwater too and doesn't need air for combustion. On the water, the battery can operate the compressor and recharge the air bottles. SpaceX is notably mentioned as a collaborator and they have all the experience with keeping people alive in space.

No bet, but I think I'm right.

If you want to believe he's really smart, you should be hoping he's been deceitful many times.

That is a rather incomprehensible statement.

Are you implying that you don't believe Elon is very smart, and, that he is known to have been deceitful on multiple occasions?
🤷‍♂️

This naturally raises the question of what purpose you have for posting this here?

Elon is tricky, I think the emoji as used has a double meaning. Looking down in this case means "lower."

Fly? To what point? Sounds dangerous. Whereas, a car/boat that can go underwater briefly would be about as cool a thing a twelve year old could imagine. Elon wanted to make the CT swim but got shut down by the team. This time he's going to make it happen. As far as the tech goes:

Under water, the cold gas thrusters could be used for propulsion, maneuvering, air supply, pressurization and buoyancy. The battery will work great underwater too and doesn't need air for combustion. On the water, the battery can operate the compressor and recharge the air bottles. SpaceX is notably mentioned as a collaborator and they have all the experience with keeping people alive in space.

No bet, but I think I'm right.
Hey now...
Just because Elon bought the amphibious Lotus from James Bond doesn't mean he did so as an industry benchmarking assignment.
😁