Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's already an H200 that'll be on sale soon

But there'll be a long line to get any big number of em.... Microsoft, Meta, Amazon, and Google all buy a LOT more GPUs than Tesla does so they'll likely be ahead of them in line for new ones too... while Tesla is bragging about having 85,000 H100s of compute by end of 2024, Meta plans to have 600,000 of em.

But H100s don't suddenly stop computing because a new chip is out either.
Tesla should just wait until the H200 is released and then the H100 Ti will probably see a big price drop

• Funny
Reactions: hobbes
You know he is a troll but you engage.

The number one rule is not to feed the trolls!

That makes you a troll feeder. Who is worse the troll or the troll feeder who validates the troll’s existence?

Please don’t feed the trolls. Why are so many people here feeding the trolls?
How do we know for certain he is a troll and not just a hopeless cynic?

Time for my six-month check-in.

First, I was sitting in a patio bar sipping a margarita, and what should pull right up next to my M3 in the parking lot but a beautiful Rivian truck. Had a long conversation with the owner, who absolutely loved it.

How is that company doing? I didn’t veer into that conversation.

Second, was out riding my bike, stopped at a crosswalk and what pulls up RIGHT NEXT TO ME, but a matte black Cybertruck 😳. JFC that thing looks “Dark Night” bad-ass. Couldn’t make eye-contact with the driver because the windows were heavily tinted.

Carry on. You all seem to have it under control.

It was from November 2023, so that would put the timeframe for a new model from November 2024-May 2025
"wait till
7:54
you see what's going to happen when all
7:56
of a sudden they start selling cars
7:57
instead of for 4 $40,000 a piece for
8:00
$25,000 a piece which is going to happen
8:02
in the next a year, year and a half uh
8:05
from their new model the new model they
8:07
think is going to do 5 million cars a year"

Would you have a link for that 3000$ price drop? My son is in the market right now. Thanks in advance.
Found this link :

So it’s 3000$ on all 3’s (but for the P) and 1000$ for Y’s. The Y’s prices come back to the March 15/‘24 at which date the price was raised 1000$.

"wait till
7:54
you see what's going to happen when all
7:56
of a sudden they start selling cars
7:57
instead of for 4 $40,000 a piece for
8:00
$25,000 a piece which is going to happen
8:02
in the next a year, year and a half uh
8:05
from their new model the new model they
8:07
think is going to do 5 million cars a year"

Right...back when they were pursuing "Model 2."

What was announced yesterday is not that. In fact, we don't know what it is because they gave no details.

You know he is a troll but you engage.

The number one rule is not to feed the trolls!

That makes you a troll feeder. Who is worse the troll or the troll feeder who validates the troll’s existence?

Please don’t feed the trolls. Why are so many people here feeding the trolls?

Ya'll should at least charge me rent. Smh.

I never thought about this. But Tesla is clearly building a ride hailing app that is competitor to Uber. It announced it at earnings call.
Tech stack of a ride hailing app is easy/Okay level of difficulty to create. But operations is tricky to get right. Takes some effort to get the operations right.

Would be interesting to see TSLA quickly build this service with test pilot drivers. Was a part of an early project within FREE NOW (Uber of Europe) and DAIMLER for autonomous. Working for a ride hailing is an interesting experience.

Here is some data I compiled.

Public Ride-Hailing Companies (as of April 2024):
  1. Uber Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: UBER) - Market Cap: $147 billion
  2. Lyft, Inc. (NASDAQ: LYFT) - Market Cap: $6 billion
  3. Grab Holdings Limited (NASDAQ: GRAB) - Market Cap: $13B billion
  4. Didi Global Inc. (NYSE: DIDI) - Market Cap: $25.2 billion
Total Market Cap of Public Ride-Hailing Companies: $192 billionPrivate Ride-Hailing Companies (last known valuations as of August 2023):
  1. Ola Cabs (India) - Last Known Valuation: $7.3 billion
  2. Gojek (Indonesia) - Last Known Valuation: $10 billion
  3. Bolt (Estonia) - Last Known Valuation: $4.75 billion
  4. inDriver (USA) - Last Known Valuation: $1.23 billion
  5. Cabify (Spain) - Last Known Valuation: $1.4 billion
    6. FREE NOW (Europe) - Last Known Valuation ±$1 billion
Total Ride Hailing Market Cap ±220 B.

The important question is, What percentage of Ride Hailing valuation could Tesla capture soon?
A couple of years ago, I think Cathie Wood did ask Elon about starting a ride-hailing service with a driver before a full blown cybercab service. My recollection is that he was not keen on the idea.

BTW, kudos to Cathie Wood for getting this right again as the only fund manager who saw the future in robotaxi business and believing in that vision even when things weren't going so well.

More Tesla storage needed to extend low fossil generation periods and begin zero fossil periods. In 4 months there have been 75 thirty minute periods where fossil fuels were 5% or less of UK electricity generation. New plan is to have zero fossil fuel periods and gradually extend them. Other countries will be similar, Tesla energy products have huge global demand to serve.