Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Supercharger maintenance team is still at Tesla doing their job. I would argue they are the team making Tesla money.

The team expanding the network is the team costing Tesla money. (And depending on the deals they make may result in making money in the future, but payback is probably a long way out.)
That's one point I was making earlier. What actual impact on the business will pausing rollout of new SuC sites have now and in the near future?

Too funny. Maybe @SOULPEDL only posts the purchases....

I'm in a bit of a different position. My last sell was in 2014 (stupid, stupid, stupid).
Ding-ding-ding! Trying to raise spirits, plus the flack is reduced when I don't post when I sell. There's a few of us that share offline because some people are sensitive FYI.

Seriously, it used to be a thing to share this info, but I do believe there are very few remaining who could control themselves enough not to panic sell or bargain binge with The Wheel.

Gamble responsibly.

regarding SuC network .. i memory serves they have been growing connectors/locations by about 30% YOY for many quarters ...

Tesla is no longer growing vehicles at 50% ... some here suggest no growth this year
OEMs have slowed BEV growth

so it makes sense to slow SuC growth and consider other options

Elon did not say SuC growth was stopping... they need to get utilization up at other locations

it is also possible the low hanging fruit locations are done... greed is kicking for landlords etc in now that people understand EVs are real and will dominate going forward ...

what am i missing?

May I suggest the Super Bulls Only Thread?
A “super bull” means that even LONG term problems are not a “concern”. I am concerned about long term problems. Ie, Elon were to leave, FSD hit’s a dead end, etc.

But short term issues like “OMG, Q1 sales dropped… sell, sell, SELL!!!”, mean nothing.

I have a question. With the complete SC team let go what is the fate of SC under construction or in permit stage. How will they get completed without some sort of project management?
From looking at permits, the plans and permits are submitted by local/regional engineers, the installation is done by local/regional contractors, and Tesla employees only build and ship the hardware. The SuC team also has been picking poor locations in areas/parking lots that most Tesla owners would never think of visiting and are uncomfortable visiting.

Um, actually no. He keeps buying and reselling the same 25 shares. 🤪
Actually what happens is, he sells me the 25 shares and then i sell it back to him, we rinse and repeat and show a net gain of $0 when the end of the year hits. Why do we do this? Simple, so we can inflate our total trade $$ and show CC companies how much we trade for the year to sucker them into offering us more credit 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

From: Tesla is already pulling back Supercharger plans after firing team

Sources familiar with the matter told Electrek that Tesla backed out of four leases for upcoming Supercharger locations in New York: one in Maspeth, South Bronx, two in Queens, and one in Gateway Center, Brooklyn.

These were new stations recently announced to address concerns with overcrowded Supercharger stations in New York.

We reported on this issue in January when several stations saw long wait times to access a charger.

The problem was partly due to a surge in Tesla vehicles used by Uber drivers due to a new incentive for the city to electrify its ride-sharing fleet.

In order to address the situation, Tesla promised to deploy 100 additional chargers around New York City by the end of the year and even worked directly with Uber to gather data to locate the new stations at optimal locations.

These four new locations represented the bulk of these planned new stations in the city, and they are gone.

Three of the four sites were “power-ready” – as some work was already being done to prepare them to become charging stations for Tesla.

There’s a silver lining. When contacted, Revel, which operates its own fleet of electric taxis and charging stations in New York, expressed interest in these sites because of their location and capacity for high-volume fast charging stations.
Does anyone have an example of what the terms of these leases look like? Are companies like Buc-ee's and Target being paid to host SuC? What % of SuC are free vs paid? Why wouldn't SuC hosts need to be paid? I wasn't aware Tesla was paying rent until I heard a commercial real estate investor on YouTube (Mallah) mention it and he did it in a way that it's a 'secret'.

A “super bull” means that even LONG term problems are not a “concern”. I am concerned about long term problems. Ie, Elon were to leave, FSD hit’s a dead end, etc.

But short term issues like “OMG, Q1 sales dropped… sell, sell, SELL!!!”, mean nothing.
FSD hits dead ends all the time.100% of the time, however, it finds its way out eventually :D

WTF does this matter. WTF.DOES.THIS.MATTER?

He just gutted an important part of this company and he's on there with crap like this, meanwhile, us investors have been talking our heads off on here about his decision making. MAYBE, he should be posting and letting his shareholders know what his plans are...

Amazingly elon is in fact a human being, as well as being CEO. Amazingly, he still has coffee breaks and some down time. He is free to have opinions and vote like any of us are. I am 'CEO' of two companies, and often tweet about them, but I also sometimes tweet about my cats or some heavy metal Im listening to as I work. This takes me a TRIVIAL amount of time.
Politics elon is the elon you get when he is taking a break, and he spends a lot of that break time on social media, like almost everyone.
Frankly I don't want him to manage Tesla by tweeting. I want the Tesla management done in board rooms, and offices, and on the factory floor, in confidence, and away from over-analysis by everyone on earth.

We may well be 'talking our heads off', but I'm glad Elon isn't. He's working, which is what we want him to be doing. He is the CEO not the social media intern.

Explaining it away doesn't eliminate it. Another clue, eliminating the advertising team (an experiment that proved to be a waste), eliminating the Lithium project (no longer needed, write it off and move one) plus the other major steps.
Eliminating the lithium refinery? Google turns up nothing on that. Are you referring to another lithium project?

• Helpful
Reactions: Rarity
Yeah, I don't feel Tesla backing out of expanding the SC network to allow third party charging companies to fill the void is necessarily a good thing for EV drivers. Who here has ever used Electrify America, Chargepoint, or EVGO sites to charge? 😣
I've used all three of those many times. I've found Chargepoint to be somewhat reliable. The others, not so much. None compare to Tesla Superchargers.

In my opinion, another important date to watch for is September 8th, 2024. That is the closing date for Democratic Senate nominations in the state of Delaware. I expect Chancellor McCormick will throw her hat in the ring for US senator as a hero of the people. I further expect her to advocate for the billionaire tax on unrealized capital gains.
If that happens, I for one will be happy to donate to the campaign of whomsoever is running against her. Though I expect she’ll have deep pocketed support from those industries Elon and companies are disrupting.

Eliminating the lithium refinery? Google turns up nothing on that. Are you referring to another lithium project?

Maybe they mean the cathode team?
CEO Elon Musk has “gutted” the cathode material manufacturing team, which was based in Texas

Lithium refinery AFAIK is still under construction-per a report from about a 6 weeks ago-

• Informative
Reactions: petit_bateau
As indicated. I’m curious. Not important in the big scheme of things. Is curiosity allowed on this board? 😂.
Of course curiosity is allowed. I asked you straight up why you asked the question. You said you were curious. I said so it’s not important (agree, in the big scheme of things). So, where’s the issue?
Still, no one seems to know, which is weird. I mistakenly thought they were employed out of buffalo. People seem to think that’s not the case but don’t know where this 500 person team was employed, or even if they were all employed in one location. Kinda makes me wonder where the 500 number came from.
No. We don’t know. People are guessing. Is guessing a good thing for investing and/or deciding to to invest more/reduce investment? I’d say no. So, why guess? Why doesn’t everyone just wait a hot second? And is it even important where the people were (they’re gone now)?

Even Kyle from out of spec review couldn’t pin down where the team worked. Lots of mystery surrounding this issue. Weird.
Is it weird? How so? Tesla told us they were going to keep their mouth shut more. We should thusly have expected less information about everything. No? Again, I ask. Does it matter in the scheme of things if they worked in Fremont, from home, from Mars? They’re gone.

If you feel you need the information to reassess your investment; different story. I’d then ask how does their locale of work affect your investment thesis in Tesla?

Even if Elon had considered separating Tesla into an innovative EV maker and a disruptive AI/Robot company, he would not have been able to do it and retain control after the combination of his avian purchases and the miscarriage of justice in Delaware. I agree that it would make sense, but is unlikely under current circumstances.

• Informative
Reactions: lafrisbee and GOVA