Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla update SMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m guessing everyone has got this?

“Tesla Update - We are working to get your Model 3 to you as quickly as possible. Deliveries continue from August onwards. Priority is based on configuration options and reservation date. Updates will be provided via phone and SMS once your Model 3 is in transit. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.”

Actually I think if people were not following what going on on forums and they didn’t estimate jun/jul at time of ordering I don’t think they are doing a bad job of shipping what, 5000 cars(?) from other side of America to here.

The text is basically saying, well it won’t be June or July but we may be a month late and deliver in August.

Of course those following here believe that no vin = not August to maybe September but otherwise we would be none the wiser.

Last car I bought was delivered several days late by dealership and that only needed to come from their forecourt.

Good move - they're trying to manage expectations. I can imagine that will also help the volume of calls they've been receiving.

They'll probably have to do something similar in August after the first week too to continue expectation management :D

Reactions: -DB-

“Tesla Update - We are working to get your Model 3 to you as quickly as possible. Deliveries continue from August onwards. Priority is based on configuration options and reservation date. Updates will be provided via phone and SMS once your Model 3 is in transit. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.”

Nope

I got it. I guess if the people not seeing a vin do not receive a text that could suggest this is a tee up for the ones that have a vin for August delivery.

As it would be silly to tee people up who were likely to be on ship 2.

Yes got this myself this morning it kind of suggests August delivery but I'm still trying to manage my expectations.

Given the Ace is near the Panama Canal and the shipping and transfer times are very well known quantities this is still pretty poor

They aren't allocating cars at that point, and won't until nearer to handover. This gives Tesla maximum flexibility to discover that handover at e.g. Edinburgh can handle twice as many cars (recruitment went well) and somewhere else (where recruitment went badly) no longer can.

Your wanting it to be different and saying
Really, a monkey and a copy of excel would do a better job...
isn't going to change that. Tesla do not do it the way you want them to. If that is a problem for you then fair enough, but you'll need to change to a different brand.