Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla updating Model S headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys let’s all take a chill pill. People in Ukraine are dying by the thousands and we are worried about retrofitting. Let’s get our sh-t together , realize the world has bigger issues and move on.

Retrofit? Great.
No retrofit? Great.
Okkkkk and what exactly does that have to do with this thread?
What exactly do you think regular civilians here in the US are going to do? Should we stop discussing Tesla? Should we sell our cars? Will that help? What’s your point exactly? People died by the thousands in many areas of the world? Does that mean we should end our life too?

regardless of whether it is factual or not.
I suppose we need to start at the basics. What a "fact" is might be a good place to find some common ground. ;)

"They will not be offering paid or warranty-related retrofits" is not a fact until someone with the authority to make it a fact actually makes it one. Last I checked, "Glide on the Internet" does not have the authority or position within Tesla to go on record and make this a fact. Thus, it's the opinion of a cranky guy on the internet, not a fact.

Maybe this is the breakthrough we need!

I suppose we need to start at the basics. What a "fact" is might be a good place to find some common ground. ;)

"They will not be offering paid or warranty-related retrofits" is not a fact until someone with the authority to make it a fact actually makes it one. Last I checked, "Glide on the Internet" does not have the authority or position within Tesla to go on record and make this a fact. Thus, it's the opinion of a cranky guy on the internet, not a fact.

Maybe this is the breakthrough we need!
It is a fact until Tesla breaks with years of policy and says otherwise.

Also, feel free to reach out to Tesla directly or their PR department for comment. Let us know what you hear back.

More and more people want it to be true. So let's pile on. Next thing someone will volunteer to tweet Elon to say we demand retrofits on Matrix headlights.

I will second, and say not happening. One might buy one, and make it light up, but I am confident they will not be able to make it work the way Tesla wants it to. I really think one wants them to work correctly. This isn't a screw in bulb. So add me to the list of this isn't happening.

There is no way to prove something is not happening that just isn't going to happen, or I would go even further and say isn't, and wasn't even considered.

What do you mean by that?!
That this thread is about refreshed headlights and people are arguing if they can or can't be retrofitted, and now its more on personal attacks to one another lol. We can all agree to disagree and move on waiting until we get official word from Tesla. If they provide retrofits great if not still great, at the end of the day its just headlights

Moderator Note: 11 posts moved to snippiness. Some were just responses to the chain of personal attacks and were moved since they would otherwise be orphaned posts. If you had anything you'd like to share, please do copy and paste from the link. Personal attacks are not permitted here, and I am left scratching my head as to how a thread about headlights can result in ad hominem attacks.

Thanks for understanding, and it may be useful to refresh your knowledge of the Forum Rules.

Yes… show the wiring diagram to show the incompatibility. Or perhaps show someone trying to retrofit it and failing.

If the S new headlights are like the 3 and Y matrix headlights, the physical hardware is compatible, but pre-refresh cars won't have the software so the headlights won't function correctly.

Here is an example of a service center installing MYLR headlights( ie the old headlights) onto the MYP that have the matrix.....

1637716081274-png.736629

And it is the same case for people trying to install the matrix headlights onto MYLR's. They don't function correctly due to the lack of software.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG and glide
That this thread is about refreshed headlights and people are arguing if they can or can't be retrofitted, and now its more on personal attacks to one another lol. We can all agree to disagree and move on waiting until we get official word from Tesla. If they provide retrofits great if not still great, at the end of the day its just headlights
It was a joke… gaaaaah!!