Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Used Inventory Down 30%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found the same thing they would get to within 1k of what I wanted to pay and then they disappeared. I thought someone just purchased the car I was following. At the end of the quarter over 100 cars on teslacpo.io sold at the same time. No way.

But it had its affect on me as I bought an inventory S just slightly higher price than I was previously willing to pay

Good luck in your search Greaseysideup

I’ve started to look at Model 3’s now as well where I didn’t want one at all before. It seems like the cars available now are in the very low mileage 3 price range. It will be interesting in the next few months to see how the 2014-15 AP1 cars start to price against barely used M3’s with full self driving.

Last edited:
Reactions: byeLT4
When seeing cars like this, I know its coming close to my
75D + SAS + Next Gen + Glass roof under 45k is close.
upload_2019-4-17_7-25-55.png

Reactions: byeLT4
There are many more popping up now. One I inquired about was a lease return. Wondering if this is the time to buy or wait until June when many more come in.
The time to buy is when you find the car that's right for you. Otherwise, there will always be more coming later, newer equipment, lower price etc. Which means it's never going to be the right time. I almost bought my first computer in 1980 but have been waiting for them to stop dropping in price and getting better. It'll be the right time..... Someday.

There are many more popping up now. One I inquired about was a lease return. Wondering if this is the time to buy or wait until June when many more come in.

What I am doing is setting a price chat with options. If one hits that chart, I am happy.
For example.
2016 75D w/ SAS, Next Gen, Ap1, Glass roof/sun, and 4yr warranty - $45k - pull the trigger (unless that awful gold silver)
2016 75 Unicorn w/ SAS, Ap2, $52k - Pull the trigger.

I personally dont want to spend an additional $7k + FSD for that, so I would rather wait to have it on the next car as technology grows.

Now this is just my opinion, and based only on MS and not M3.

What I am doing is setting a price chat with options. If one hits that chart, I am happy.
For example.
2016 75D w/ SAS, Next Gen, Ap1, Glass roof/sun, and 4yr warranty - $45k - pull the trigger (unless that awful gold silver)
2016 75 Unicorn w/ SAS, Ap2, $52k - Pull the trigger.

I personally dont want to spend an additional $7k + FSD for that, so I would rather wait to have it on the next car as technology grows.

Now this is just my opinion, and based only on MS and not M3.
AP2 isn’t worth a dime over AP1 in functionality, we have both and the AP1 consistently performs better in everyday use. I’d also buy a low mileage car over a higher mileage anyday also. The BS about electric cars lasting longer than ice cars is just that, BS. Modern gas cars drivetrains are super reliable, it’s the car around the drivetrain that falls apart. I’m not being critical because we are long time Tesla supporters but the rest of a Tesla is still just a car and a somewhat unrefined one at that so mileage still wears things out. Also keep in mind that pictures general only show major damages and the low resolution Tesla photos can barely show major damages. A low priced car may likely be priced low because of general condition.

AP2 isn’t worth a dime over AP1 in functionality, we have both and the AP1 consistently performs better in everyday use. I’d also buy a low mileage car over a higher mileage anyday also. The BS about electric cars lasting longer than ice cars is just that, BS. Modern gas cars drivetrains are super reliable, it’s the car around the drivetrain that falls apart. I’m not being critical because we are long time Tesla supporters but the rest of a Tesla is still just a car and a somewhat unrefined one at that so mileage still wears things out. Also keep in mind that pictures general only show major damages and the low resolution Tesla photos can barely show major damages. A low priced car may likely be priced low because of general condition.
I don't disagree with your post except your position on AP2.

I picked up my car out of state and drove around 900 miles home. AP2 at that time pretty much had the same functionality as AP1. Auto pilot worked well. If it was as good or better than AP1 I can't say.

This past week, after upgrading to 2019.8.6, I completed a 1800 mile road trip using NoA with no confirmation. Awesome. At this point very happy the car I purchased had AP2 and feel it's only going to get better.

So, if I had bought a car with AP1 I don't think I'd be as satisfied. YMMV

I don't disagree with your post except your position on AP2.

I picked up my car out of state and drove around 900 miles home. AP2 at that time pretty much had the same functionality as AP1. Auto pilot worked well. If it was as good or better than AP1 I can't say.

This past week, after upgrading to 2019.8.6, I completed a 1800 mile road trip using NoA with no confirmation. Awesome. At this point very happy the car I purchased had AP2 and feel it's only going to get better.

So, if I had bought a car with AP1 I don't think I'd be as satisfied. YMMV

So did you have an AP1 car before that you are comparing AP2 to? We drive AP1 and AP2.5 daily. I have to admit that our AP2.5 hasn’t had the Nav on AP W/O Confirmation update yet (it does have Nav on AP), our last update was over 2 weeks ago and it wasn’t available then. When going from one car to another AP2 is a bit of a letdown. One way is when traveling down the highway and the speed limit drops in a constuction zone, AP1 can see the speed limit signs (Mobileye has the patent) and will adjust your speed automatically, AP2 is totally oblivious to speed limit signs and will make no speed adjustment. AP2 still gets confused when the right lane gets wider and an exit lane starts, in that situation AP1 will maintain the same distance from the left side lane marker and handles those situations easily. AP2 is fine as long as Tesla eventually can work on its problems but my point is it is not really any step up from AP1 and a buyer of a used car on a budget is getting a bargain if getting AP1 at any discount.