Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Used Inventory Down 30%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The inventory is down you have to grab one when they come online. I am guessing they are limiting the inventory to control the market share not sure. It took me a long time to find a 85D with Tech, cold weather, and pano not a lot on their.

Used inventory going up. However, one question....

How come Tesla doesnt have much "understandable" price structure . For example.

New Inventory car…

2018 Long range Inventory car w/ FSD $78k,(74500) with incentives
Model S 100D 5YJSA1E23JF294597 | Tesla
another example w/FSD ($79k)
Model S 100D 5YJSA1E28JF284843 | Tesla

however, a used car…..

2017 Long range used Tesla car w/FSD $84,500 without incentives.
Model S 100D 5YJSA1E26HF218317 | Tesla

No answer but find it extremely annoying. The only thing I would point out is the two inventory 100Ds have a few extra miles on them and for that price I would rather order a new refreshed model even if it was a 75D for the same price.

No answer but find it extremely annoying. The only thing I would point out is the two inventory 100Ds have a few extra miles on them and for that price I would rather order a new refreshed model even if it was a 75D for the same price.

So I asked that question to the used SA assigned to me...Not sure where to start.

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 5.25.53 PM.png

So I responded with an email again mentioned both cars come with FSD activated...

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 5.26.02 PM.png

So she responded again, believing that FSD wasnt active, then says that New cars depreciate, yet it is already cheaper than the used car? Is there something I am missing here?

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 5.26.13 PM.png

I have a few theories, I think tesla could be removing and relisting these cars because they are undergoing some sort of carfax verification process. When I look at used teslas I notice a new section that states whether the car has a clean carfax or if it was in an accident and then repaired. Correct me if I am wrong but in the past i thought CPOs or whatever they are called now only posted cars that were not in accidents. This might be every now and then you might see a 85D for around 35k.

A clean carfax option would be a great filter to have on ev-cpo.com.