Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Virtual Power Plant in CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was registered in the original VPP and am now registered in the new program. When I chose from the Tesla App:

Virtual Power Plant -> Settings -> Virtual Power Plant

I receive the following error message (retry does nothing). Does anyone else get this? What should be in this menu setting? VPP is enabled and set to Storm Watch Event Priority. I'm in SCE territory and the VPP screen does show that there are 1814 Fleet Homes

IMG_5860.jpg

So, are we going to get a May event for the DSGS program? Supposed to be at least one per month, right?
Well there are 3 days left and the program requires at least one event a month. No one here has reported any event and there definitely hasn't been one since I joined DSGS on 5/14. Since there isn't a Tesla VPP contact that I could find I did reach out to Olivine that coordinates a lot of this and they said "We are unaware of any test events scheduled by Tesla for the month of May during those dates" (5/1 - 5/15).

So we should get one unless Elon laid off the person/team responsible for running the VPP.

• Funny
Reactions: BGbreeder
Well there are 3 days left and the program requires at least one event a month. No one here has reported any event and there definitely hasn't been one since I joined DSGS on 5/14. Since there isn't a Tesla VPP contact that I could find I did reach out to Olivine that coordinates a lot of this and they said "We are unaware of any test events scheduled by Tesla for the month of May during those dates" (5/1 - 5/15).

So we should get one unless Elon laid off the person/team responsible for running the VPP.
Who knows at this point. I also don’t know who to contact about the error I’m seeing. Is anyone else seeing this?

Post in thread 'Tesla Virtual Power Plant in CA'
Tesla Virtual Power Plant in CA

I was registered in the original VPP and am now registered in the new program. When I chose from the Tesla App:

I receive the following error message (retry does nothing). Does anyone else get this? What should be in this menu setting? VPP is enabled and set to Storm Watch Event Priority. I'm in SCE territory and the VPP screen does show that there are 1814 Fleet Homes

View attachment 1050886
Android or Apple IOS? I'm guessing Android as that seems to be flakier than the Apple IOS version. A couple of suggestions in the order of least annoying
  1. Restart your phone
  2. Log out of the app then back in again (I do this often to resurrect the Charge-On-Solar functionality)
  3. Uninstall and reinstall, will require repairing with your Tesla car if you have one

Android or Apple IOS? I'm guessing Android as that seems to be flakier than the Apple IOS version. A couple of suggestions in the order of least annoying
  1. Restart your phone
  2. Log out of the app then back in again (I do this often to resurrect the Charge-On-Solar functionality)
  3. Uninstall and reinstall, will require repairing with your Tesla car if you have one
Thanks. I have iOS devices. Happens on both iPad Pro 13” and iPhone 15 Pro Max. Uninstalled and reinstalled. What should be in the sub menu: Virtual Power Plant -> Settings -> Virtual Power Plant?

Thanks. I have iOS devices. Happens on both iPad Pro 13” and iPhone 15 Pro Max. Uninstalled and reinstalled. What should be in the sub menu: Virtual Power Plant -> Settings -> Virtual Power Plant?

That is the menu where you can turn on and off the VPP, and also to set the reserve percentage of the VPP event.

Also you can select the storm watch or VPP as the priority event.

Yes, I can turn VPP on/off and set event priority, but when I choose the 2nd VPP option is when I get the error message. Is reserve percentage the only option in that sub menu?

View attachment 1051618

Can someone please post a screen shot of the menu in Virtual Power Plant -> Settings -> Virtual Power Plant? Of corse, Tesla Chat support is giviing me the run around and telling me not to mess with the app!!! I would like to know what setting is supposed to be presented in that sub menu. I'm on iOS. Thanks!!!

Can someone please post a screen shot of the menu in Virtual Power Plant -> Settings -> Virtual Power Plant? Of corse, Tesla Chat support is giviing me the run around and telling me not to mess with the app!!! I would like to know what setting is supposed to be presented in that sub menu. I'm on iOS. Thanks!!!
There is no menu on mine. I have the reserve setting slider instead.

IMG_2095.jpeg

There is no menu on mine. I have the reserve setting slider instead.

View attachment 1051655
Thanks. Weird. Tesla Chat was of NO help bordering on the side of completely clueless and rude. They said that they would reach out to the app team and get back to me in 10 to 15 business days (typical Tesla level of support). The chat agent's claim was that I was enrolled in the DSDG program and that I should be 'ok'. I suppose I'll just have to wait for the first event to see if that option becomes available. I really don't want to miss out on participation as the previous program worked fine for me. Note, I have PW 2 system at FW version 23.12.11, the agent said that it was the latest ... I thought that there was a newer version of FW for PW2 systems. I'm just grasping at straws to see what the root cause of the problem is.

Thanks. Weird. Tesla Chat was of NO help bordering on the side of completely clueless and rude. They said that they would reach out to the app team and get back to me in 10 to 15 business days (typical Tesla level of support). The chat agent's claim was that I was enrolled in the DSDG program and that I should be 'ok'. I suppose I'll just have to wait for the first event to see if that option becomes available. I really don't want to miss out on participation as the previous program worked fine for me. Note, I have PW 2 system at FW version 23.12.11, the agent said that it was the latest ... I thought that there was a newer version of FW for PW2 systems. I'm just grasping at straws to see what the root cause of the problem is.
It seems like there are newer firmware versions based on https://www.netzeroapp.io/firmware_versions, although it's hard to say what their rollout is really like.

I receive the following error message (retry does nothing). Does anyone else get this? What should be in this menu setting?

I suspect the issue is that you are registered in both programs (the old ELRP and the new DSGS program), and you're supposed to disenroll from the old one to be able to join the new one. Your app might have not enforced that and as a result got into a bad state.

Here's the link to disenroll from ELRP (this is for SCE, but other CA utilities have similar pages):

There's a possibility of course that disenrolling causes other issues, so proceed at your own risk.

I suspect the issue is that you are registered in both programs (the old ELRP and the new DSGS program), and you're supposed to disenroll from the old one to be able to join the new one. Your app might have not enforced that and as a result got into a bad state.

Here's the link to disenroll from ELRP (this is for SCE, but other CA utilities have similar pages):

There's a possibility of course that disenrolling causes other issues, so proceed at your own risk.
I don't think that this is the case. In prior posts @Tim-in-CA has said that he had disenrolled, the app reverted to not being enrolled, enrolled in DSGS, app reported pending and then went fully active.