Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Charger from Amazon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appears to be the same price/model as Tesla website. Any reason to buy direct from Tesla?
I can get from Amazon much quicker.
Thank you
Link?

I've always bought from Tesla, so I don't know. I mean, you could end up with some returned item when you buy from Amazon, right? Do you need it like tomorrow or something? I ordered a Wall Connector, faceplate and stand from Tesla a week ago and got them within 5 days.

Appears to be the same price/model as Tesla website. Any reason to buy direct from Tesla?
Thank you
If you buy from Tesla there is no question as to when the warranty starts. If you buy from Amazon just make sure you keep your purchase receipt.

If you are not in a rush and the price is the same, why not buy from Tesla?

If you buy from Tesla there is no question as to when the warranty starts. If you buy from Amazon just make sure you keep your purchase receipt.

If you are not in a rush and the price is the same, why not buy from Tesla?
If I’d have thought about it, I’d get a 5% discount if I bought from Amazon since I have their prime card.

Seems like a good idea to buy from Amazon…

Except, from this OPs link, its not only not "sold by" amazon, but also not "shipped by" amazon, so its some random person / company who has an amazon business selling it.

No guarantee of that, since the link you shared is not shipped from amazon, so its not prime shipping:

Wall connector.png

I don't follow but either way it's fine. I am confident I can purchase from either and be good.
Thanks for replies.

Im not (confident you can purchase from either and be fine). Amazon wont really protect you for goods not either sold by or shipped by them (I buy a decent amount of stuff yearly from amazon and will only buy stuff sold or shipped by amazon because of this).

If (for example) its damaged or used, any return would be through "Ranejatalt" at least if you purchase from the link you shared.

You asked what the difference is, and the main difference would be what happens if its not what you think it is, or it needs warranty, etc. If you purchase from a private party seller you are tacitly accepting those risks, but if you purchase this item, from this seller through amazon, you may not be aware that you are also accepting those risks, and "amazon" is not any different than buying this from ebay or etsy in this instance.

That says:
Ships from RanejataIt
Sold by RanejataIt
It's not from Tesla. It's somebody reselling them.

Up to you if you want to save a few dollars, but I wouldn't buy from some random Amazon store when Tesla normally sells direct.

Im not (confident you can purchase from either and be fine). Amazon wont really protect you for goods not either sold by or shipped by them (I buy a decent amount of stuff yearly from amazon and will only buy stuff sold or shipped by amazon because of this).

If (for example) its damaged or used, any return would be through "Ranejatalt" at least if you purchase from the link you shared.

You asked what the difference is, and the main difference would be what happens if its not what you think it is, or it needs warranty, etc. If you purchase from a private party seller you are tacitly accepting those risks, but if you purchase this item, from this seller through amazon, you may not be aware that you are also accepting those risks, and "amazon" is not any different than buying this from ebay or etsy in this instance.
Thanks for explanation. One of the other links says “sold by Tesla, Inc”. Maybe that is better? Either way I appreciate the thorough response

Thanks for explanation. One of the other links says “sold by Tesla, Inc”. Maybe that is better? Either way I appreciate the thorough response

If you are in a hurry for some reason, I would suggest looking at best buy, who carries these in stock in many locations (and likely some in iowa) rather than ordering it from amazon (and as I said, I buy a lot from amazon yearly, so dont have an aversion to amazon specifically).

I think we're all seeing something different... Amazon might be aggregating the listing for this item. When I visited it, it says "sold by Tesla, Inc", apparently other people are seeing something different.

That said, my opinion is that even if these *are* listed by Tesla, why feed the Amazon machine unnecessarily?

I'd rather give Tesla 100% of my purchase dollars for the charger than give a cut to Bezos. Add to that the peace of mind of knowing 100% that it's not some knock-off or refurb. Amazon is full of grey market goods.