Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Connector Price Drop to $400 from $495 [04/28/2022]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another price drop to $400!

Reactions: KJD
Just saw this myself. Bought one March 1st for $550. Tesla did give me the price adjustment. I’m only speculating, this may be because the other mobile chargers are so difficult to get right now and the $400 eases the burden for the consumer for a hard install.

Just saw this myself. Bought one March 1st for $550. Tesla did give me the price adjustment. I’m only speculating, this may be because the other mobile chargers are so difficult to get right now and the $400 eases the burden for the consumer for a hard install.
I think Tesla also isn't concerned about making money on charging equipment. Breaking even or a small margin works for them.

Well, that makes a plank of metal cost more than a box full of electronics.

The Mobile connector shows 2 adapters (5-15 and 14-50) and no J1772 on the main page, but you click on it and it is only 5-15.
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 10.08.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 10.09.22 PM.png

The Mobile connector shows 2 adapters (5-15 and 14-50) and no J1772 on the main page, but you click on it and it is only 5-15.
View attachment 798696

View attachment 798697

The J1772 adapter is not part of the mobile connector kit. It is entirely separate and as far as I know will still be included with newly purchased cars. It's also been lowered from 100 to 50 dollars (or similar equivalent).

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Another price drop to $400!

In my opinion it's still overpriced and why I never bought it. Instead I purchased a second mobile connector for $275, years ago and since at that time it only included one adapter my service center changed out the 120 volt or the 240 volt adapter. And my Model 3 still has it's own mobile connector with both adapters.

How did you go about doing the price adjustment? Did you have to call/email a specific dept? I just bought it a few weeks ago for $495.

How did you go about doing the price adjustment? Did you have to call/email a specific dept? I just bought it a few weeks ago for $495.
[email protected]. I just put the order number in the subject, attached my receipt, and asked. They were cool. I do like they keep the tax difference. It's like a little skimming scam they're running. And I say that because for such a technical software/car company, it's hard for me to believe this hasn't been caught yet. LOL

[email protected]. I just put the order number in the subject, attached my receipt, and asked. They were cool. I do like they keep the tax difference. It's like a little skimming scam they're running. And I say that because for such a technical software/car company, it's hard for me to believe this hasn't been caught yet. LOL
Thanks! Ended up shooting them an email a few hours ago and they just got back to me saying they will price adjust and refund the amount back to my card.

Reactions: FLTessie and headhz
Not surprising that Tesla is breaking the law by keeping the tax difference, because Elon doesn't know how to follow the rules. Like when they released the FSD beta that wouldn't stop at stop signs.

Not surprising that Tesla is breaking the law by keeping the tax difference, because Elon doesn't know how to follow the rules. Like when they released the FSD beta that wouldn't stop at stop signs.
I didn't sign up for self driving because $10k or $12k just seems, to me, outrageous. My problem with the FSD beta program is spending that much money and still need to pass on a report card to use it. And I really don't like watching the videos online with people testing out 'summon' in crowded parking lots and/or test a beta program with people's lives driving around. I cringe.

Reactions: FLTessie and Resist
Is it better to just install the wall connector instead of the 14-50 I am only planning on being at my current place for mother 3 years or so before I have to upgrade into bigger home with growing family ? Just looking for some advise on which one to do. Thanks

Is it better to just install the wall connector instead of the 14-50 I am only planning on being at my current place for mother 3 years or so before I have to upgrade into bigger home with growing family ? Just looking for some advise on which one to do. Thanks
I have over 200,000 miles and getting my third Tesla--The 14-50 with the Mobile charger has worked just fine. It costs more to install the Wall Charger, and there is only a small speed bump.