Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla: We are updating all reservation timelines in the next few days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OH no....I just got 2 emails from Trans Union Credit Agency.

It appears that Tesla opened my application to 2 banks. Wells Fargo and US Bank. They both attempted to pull my credit, however I had my credit blocked as I was a victim of identity theft. I unblocked it, however it might have been too late.

I suppose I'll talk to Tesla on Monday to have them re-push my credit application through.
Are you kidding me? You are lying.... Are you kidding me?

Tesla corperate is closed on Saturday - HOWEVER they answer emails ASAP. Who would have thought? What other car company answers corporate emails on a Saturday when they are closed? Tesla is phenomenal.

Anyway.....I emailed Tesla to let them know about the "locking of my credit" issue and they emailed me right back and said - "Please unlock your credit report for the next hour or so".
I emailed them back and told them "Its done - its unlocked" and within 10 min I received 3 emails from Trans Union stating that 3 banks just pulled my credit report".
20 min later I received an email from Tesla stating that I was approved and that I could re-lock my credit. They also stated - Please go on to your Tesla account and complete your order.
I completed my order and now they say that I'm just waiting for my VIN and that it shouldn't be "much longer now".

I quickly emailed them back stating how great of a company they are and how many people don't know how good they are. Time since first email to Tesla today...and now = 49 min.

Just day dreaming about by VIN...….

Tesla refers to the SR as the "Standard" model under the M3 specifications on tesla.com. I think it makes sense to move away from the size of the battery pack and emphasize the ability of one model to drive significantly longer distances than the other. Most people don't understand the "energy values" of battery packs anyway, and this makes it easier to explain to the public. That being said, I think the LR makes road trips more manageable and is extremely important for cold weather locations where average consumption can double in winter, effectively reducing the range of a 310 mile battery pack to <200 miles.
I have heard different things about the effect of the cold on the battery - can you clarify? I do short trips generally so was going for the SR with AWD as I live in NE Ohio - chilly winters and snow - wont always get the car in the garage - would have to really justify the extra $9k for LR - is the cold really a significant factor? I have heard some say not. thanks

I have heard different things about the effect of the cold on the battery - can you clarify? I do short trips generally so was going for the SR with AWD as I live in NE Ohio - chilly winters and snow - wont always get the car in the garage - would have to really justify the extra $9k for LR - is the cold really a significant factor? I have heard some say not. thanks

Well, $5250 more for LR, since you're giving up $3750 in tax credit by waiting (possibly more depending how long before SR gets delivered)

I haven't seen much on how bad a hit the 3 takes from cold- there's tons of threads on the hit S/X cars take though- for example here's a Model X owner in Minnesota-

" I drive approx 60 miles each day for work and during this very cold period I've been using about 45% battery and that is with preheating, obviously a big range hit. Otherwise on average in normal winter temps between 10 to 20*F I've been using about 30-35% battery. Compared to summer months I was only using 25% on average, so winter has not been that bad of an increase."

The amount you run the heater has a potentially significant impact too on top of the range hit to the battery itself

Well, $5250 more for LR, since you're giving up $3750 in tax credit by waiting (possibly more depending how long before SR gets delivered)

I haven't seen much on how bad a hit the 3 takes from cold- there's tons of threads on the hit S/X cars take though- for example here's a Model X owner in Minnesota-

" I drive approx 60 miles each day for work and during this very cold period I've been using about 45% battery and that is with preheating, obviously a big range hit. Otherwise on average in normal winter temps between 10 to 20*F I've been using about 30-35% battery. Compared to summer months I was only using 25% on average, so winter has not been that bad of an increase."

The amount you run the heater has a potentially significant impact too on top of the range hit to the battery itself

Thanks Knightshade! I do need to bear that in mind as I do like a warm car! 10-20% drop in battery life is fairly significant on 220 mi - I am not confident I will get a LR delivered before end of December as I am not a reservation holder and would only be placing my order now - JUST 4 months to end of year- so probably will miss the $7900 tax credit anyway.... just wish someone had a crystal ball and knew when SR AWD will be available and how long the wait list is!!!

Thanks Knightshade! I do need to bear that in mind as I do like a warm car! 10-20% drop in battery life is fairly significant on 220 mi - I am not confident I will get a LR delivered before end of December as I am not a reservation holder and would only be placing my order now - JUST 4 months to end of year- so probably will miss the $7900 tax credit anyway.... just wish someone had a crystal ball and knew when SR AWD will be available and how long the wait list is!!!
Sorry typo $7500 credit... Also anyone know if LR Standard interior is on the horizon before end of year?

Sorry typo $7500 credit... Also anyone know if LR Standard interior is on the horizon before end of year?

Many think the standard interior will be available later than the SR. Probably will start with SR with premium upgrade package and AWD. Unlikely to get a SR model of any kind before Q1 or Q2 2019. If you order a LR RWD you will probably get it in one month. AWD 2-4 months.

Many think the standard interior will be available later than the SR. Probably will start with SR with premium upgrade package and AWD. Unlikely to get a SR model of any kind before Q1 or Q2 2019. If you order a LR RWD you will probably get it in one month. AWD 2-4 months.
Anyone got any spare cash they dont need! thanks for your input!

Is this what people are seeing generally - I have no reservation and have not ordered yet - would it still really be only 1-2 months for delivery on a LR RWD PUP? not sure I need AWD with decent snow tires? any thought?

Hi - I am having some challenges with my Model 3 LR, I placed the upgraded order on the 4th of July and paid in full on the 9th of August 2018, first they got me with the delivery date 23rd of August 2018, in the Dallas, Texas area, later one day before they said it is Monday the 27th of August 2018, today I got another call from my poc, she said it would be 8th of September 2018 !!! I am not sure what’s going on here after the full payments are made on a model 3 and we are stuck now with this deal, wish I could backout of this deal and get something else !!! Tesla is completely mismanaged and customer service is dismal, we decided not to buy any other vehicle from Tesla until they make some radical changes to their customer service, they are clueless were my vehicle is at this point and I am stuck with a car payment at this time, life sucks !!!