Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wont cover rattles or any noise related defects after 15k miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had squeaks and rattles in my VW from day one. VW was adamant that they would not even take the car for a ride to listen to them, much less try to identify and repair them. And this was probably the most minor of that car's many, many faults. I am so glad to be rid of my dealings with that wretched company.

I have a few very minor squeaks and rattles come and go in my Model 3 - mostly inaudible unless I am traveling at very low speed over very rough pavement or speed bumps, with the audio system completely muted. I am not really bothered by them but might mention them the next time I have the car in for other services.

The comment I was responding to literally said "Most, if not all, modern cars have none of these issues, at least those that aspire to be included in the "premium" segment."

As it relates to dealers squirming from fixing things that should be covered by warranty, this issue is also not just a problem with Tesla.

Top 674 Reviews and Complaints about Mercedes-Benz

Yes, that's true but at times you need to reduce noise to almost "dead silent" levels. Read here: Quiet Performance Mufflers: 7 Most Silent and Affordable Mufflers

The "problem" with EV's is they're so quiet... every little squeak can be heard.

I'm tired of coming across this over and over again

listen to me everyone...ICE do not vibrate that loud where you can not hear a squeak. Not to mention, the vibrations from ICE and panel squeaks are two different frequencies.

Can we all agree to stop using this to justify a new to market car?

I have seen other brands be less than helpful about small rattles, not just a Tesla thing. I’m also picky about rattles myself, but have been fortunate to only have one small on so far that mobile service took care of. Useful to know about the 15k limit, thanks!