Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesladashcam.com?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled the video files from a family vacation over Thanksgiving. It's 32x speed most of the time, but it should give you rough demonstration of what the camera can do in rain, semi-clear daytime, and nighttime conditions. Not incredible quality, but it gets the job done and the OEM look is so nice.

Make sure you watch in HD:

Let's put this one to bed...
Processing of dragon electronics (shenzhen) co., LTD

If any current owners of the so called 'TeslaDashCam' could share the App details (name of App)
with us that would be appreciated. The product was easy to install but, the current challenge is getting the video out of the device and onto my iPhone. Sure, we could eject the memcard and read it on our computer manually but, I'd prefer viewing via the built-in wifi.

Hello, I'm also interesting in the "Tesla Model S Dashcam". On which Internet site did you order the Dashcam.
Thanks in advance and Gruss from Fricktal !!

Somebody wrote down (Amazon Customer reviews):

"My reason for the single star rating for this Topfit car dash camera for my Tesla Model S was not published, although I had submitted it to the seller through Amazon.com. It explained that installing it would most likely compromise Tesla's factory installed original function of the unit on top of the windshield right under the car's roof and would also void Tesla warranty for the Model S."

Is this statement true ?

You'll need to investigate your laws in Switzerland as the legal answer to this sort of consumer protection question varies by country.

IMHO, I'm a very risk adverse guy when it comes to making modifications to my Tesla that could in some way cause an issue, become a reason why Tesla could point the finger at me, or void my warranty if something went wrong. While I don't like that the TopFit camera itself doesn't come from a US Company with a US Warranty, my personal opinion is the chances of this device causing a problem with my Tesla are minimal. Unlike some other devices, this camera does not require any permanent change to my MS, and it does not require physically cutting or making a modification to a wiring harness, since it simply piggy-backs into existing power... If I should run into a problem, I can easily remove the camera as if it were never in place. I'll take that little chance. YMMV. Each of our tolerance varies.

Last edited:
You'll need to investigate your laws in Switzerland as the legal answer to this sort of consumer protection question varies by country.

IMHO, I'm a very risk adverse guy when it comes to making modifications to my Tesla that could in some way cause an issue, become a reason why Tesla could point the finger at me, or void my warranty if something went wrong. While I don't like that the TopFit camera itself doesn't come from a US Company with a US Warranty, my personal opinion is the chances of this device causing a problem with my Tesla are minimal. Unlike some other devices, this camera does not require any permanent change to my MS, and it does not require physically cutting or making a modification to a wiring harness, since it simply piggy-backs into existing power... If I should run into a problem, I can easily remove the camera as if it were never in place. I'll take that little chance. YMMV. Each of our tolerance varies.

Thanks for your response! I'm not concern about Swiss laws regarding dashcam, but more about Tesla warranty when adding some hardware to the original car structure. But I fully agree your comment.Thanks again

In the US, it's Tesla's burden to prove that the device caused a particular item to fail. Even if the aftermarket device is proven to cause a specific device to fail, Tesla still cannot void the entire warranty, only the warranty that was affected by the modification.