Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi - Battery Degradation Reports (upload your data)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen any threads or spreadsheets tracking this for Model 3 yet. So here's mine:

View attachment 330810

Please post with "High Range vs. Low Range" checked and included in the screenshot, as above.

Is there a spreadsheet that Model S or Model X owners are using that we can use as a template?

If you haven't used TeslaFi but are thinking of signing up, please feel free to use my referral code: remlemasi

I'll use your referral code. 330d is for Model 3 dual motor?

This Model 3 owner contacted Tesla when he was only seeing 292 miles of range - they determined it was a bad pack and are replacing:

Tesla Model 3 Performance - Bad Battery Pack : teslamotors

Before I saw this, I actually emailed support to ask about my range drop (currently at 290 miles). Will update when I receive a response.

Let me know what you hear. I am at 291 range after only 4000 miles (of mostly charging to 70 or 80%). I charged to 100% this morning to balance with no improvement.

Aside: Are any of you guys getting these odd charging patterns on your M3s. My son's is doing this. My X does not do this. Vampire drain certainly but I wouldn't expect it to keep charging so quickly (every 30-45 min). I think the below charging was with my X's UMC (gen1) but the 3's UMC (gen2) did the same .

Certainly clutters (devalues) the TeslaFI report!

cTHJOKn.jpg

Aside: Are any of you guys getting these odd charging patterns on your M3s. My son's is doing this. My X does not do this. Vampire drain certainly but I wouldn't expect it to keep charging so quickly (every 30-45 min). I think the below charging was with my X's UMC (gen1) but the 3's UMC (gen2) did the same .

Certainly clutters (devalues) the TeslaFI report!

cTHJOKn.jpg

Has this happened recently? It has happened to me twice - once before getting TeslaFi and the second with TeslaFi. I had looked into it the first time and it was believed it was a software bug. Last time it happened to me was in August so I assumed it was fixed with one of the updates (btw, I charge with the HPWC so not a UMC issue).

As far as the TeslaFi report, I deleted all the "zero used" charges to declutter the report.

Could the phone be spending a lot of time near the car causing the phone's BT audio to remain connected, keeping the MCU awake?
I do have my phone connected to it so I may try disconnecting to it.

Has this happened recently? It has happened to me twice - once before getting TeslaFi and the second with TeslaFi. I had looked into it the first time and it was believed it was a software bug. Last time it happened to me was in August so I assumed it was fixed with one of the updates (btw, I charge with the HPWC so not a UMC issue).

As far as the TeslaFi report, I deleted all the "zero used" charges to declutter the report.
Yes, just a couple nights ago. My son just picked it up last Fri so on 2018.36.2.

Another ~1000 miles including a road trip from Dallas, to Houston, to Austin, and back to Dallas (and corresponding supercharging). I never actually got the battery over 90% while supercharging as I didn't need the range to reach the next SC, except for once, where we were eating and I figured I might as well let it keep charging rather than rush out and have to move the car to avoid idling ... it was somewhere shy of 95% when I disconnected it.

In short, so far our reported degredation is holding pretty flat, no real change thus far. Normally charge to less than 90% because I fiddled with it once and could never get it right to 90% (due to the screen protector still being on and harming touch accuracy), I think it's set to 88% currently.

Attachments

• battdeg-20181003.PNG
    battdeg-20181003.PNG
    42.4 KB · Views: 85
Let me know what you hear. I am at 291 range after only 4000 miles (of mostly charging to 70 or 80%). I charged to 100% this morning to balance with no improvement.
This Model 3 owner contacted Tesla when he was only seeing 292 miles of range - they determined it was a bad pack and are replacing:

Tesla Model 3 Performance - Bad Battery Pack : teslamotors

Before I saw this, I actually emailed support to ask about my range drop (currently at 290 miles). Will update when I receive a response.

I charged to 100% last night and got a range of 287 miles.

After some email back-and-forth, I finally spoke with Tesla support on the phone today. He suggested that this should be resolved by cycling my battery "one or two times" down to ~20% and then charging back to 100%. He said if I still see the problem, they will set up an appointment with the local SC.

• Informative
Reactions: TT97
I charged to 100% last night and got a range of 287 miles.

After some email back-and-forth, I finally spoke with Tesla support on the phone today. He suggested that this should be resolved by cycling my battery "one or two times" down to ~20% and then charging back to 100%. He said if I still see the problem, they will set up an appointment with the local SC.

Thanks for the report as I never heard back from Tesla. I will try cycling down to 20%. Previously, I didn’t go much below 60% before trying the 100% charge. Let us know if this works for you.

I'm just back from service.
My 3 had been consistently fine for a month (charging to 70% every night), then overnight lost 4% (to 298 @100%). I had done the calibration thing (charge to 100%, run down to 5%, back up to 100%) with no effect. They told me that if the pack had a problem, the car constantly monitors it and would inform them automatically, and "they all are doing something like this", and it just is how it goes...I trust these service guys, been dealing with them for 5 years and they are knowledgable and conscientious, but of course, this is a new thing for everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.