Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi - Battery Degradation Reports (upload your data)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sept 30, 2018 purchase
- Daily 75% SOC charging
- 2 long multi-state roadtrips with several supercharges on each of the 4 leg (to/from and to/from)

m8DirGx.jpg

I saw something similar. Have you charged to 100% yet? Perhaps that is needed to get an accurate result. Or perhaps, by uncapping that 5% of range, they have revealed how much actual degredation has occurred.

I haven't charged to 100% yet since I haven't gone on any trips, I'm still daily charging to 80%.

I saw something similar. Have you charged to 100% yet? Perhaps that is needed to get an accurate result. Or perhaps, by uncapping that 5% of range, they have revealed how much actual degredation has occurred.

I haven't charged to 100% yet since I haven't gone on any trips, I'm still daily charging to 80%.

I also had the same hypothesis when I noticed an increase that wasn't quite as-promised.

Yes, I've been to 100% once on 5.15 and it showed 315.38, but it was still trickle charging at around 2kW when I unplugged.

It's warming up in Az already (highs in the mid 80's daytime). I thought last week I already got the 5% upgrade (in pure power off the line), but now realize it's just Az heat.

When I deep cycle, I go down to 1 mi remaining (don't leave it there for long, but it's also OK to do, done it 3 times total now). I've only put 1,500 mi on Superchargers since purchased in April 2018. The rest has been short trips to the store up to 10 mi max. typically 2 mi. is all.

I drive like it's a racecar (which is it) - on my second set of tires in the back. They say how you drive can affect range... really? Maybe I baked the battery chemistry in a good way last summer, 110F and ON IT all the time. Still on version 2019.5.15 so I don't believe I have the battery upgrade yet. Getting better all the time!

FYI, I let my car sleep as much as possible at night. Pay attention to those sleep controls from TeslaFi. If you don't let your car deep sleep, you will lose range (I am told by Tesla Service) because it's still being used. Shut 'er down folks.

The range creep below suggest just warming temperatures in Az. It was so cold this last winter, It's warming finally! I had to wear long pants 3X this winter... that's bad.

I charge to 90% every night now (for the past 4 months) and only did it about 3x per week prior. It doesn't get the full 48 Amps either as I'm using the stock charger at 32A. Maybe this "trickle" charger works better? Too many variables.

3-27-2019 9-33-59 AM.png

Great thread... I found it because TeslaFi reported my LR RWD range dropping from 325 to 312 after a single charge. The two charges occurring after that have retained the 312 max.

I think the cause of this is the fact that I was charging to 95% and I disconnected the charger before it had fully completed the last %. We were all ready and leaving the house, so I didn't want to wait longer.

My graph looks a little wonky compared to others. Can someone help me understand what's going on? I realize the big jump at 20,000km is likely due to the software update we got that increased range, but I don't understand the drop and then the gradual increase.

I drive the Model 3 LR RWD, I started with TeslaFi around August last year when I had about 7,800km on the odometer, today I'm at around 28,000km. I charge about 3x a week to 80% at a rate of about 45km/hr and have charged to 100% less than 10 times. I live in Ontario Canada so I have winter to deal with.

upload_2019-7-30_14-25-24.png

I happened to have the car new when we had 325 firmware, and I saw that get dropped to 310 when they revoked it. Since then its been a slow steady climb back.

I charge to 65% daily for work, on weekends I will do 80-95% as needed.

Capture.PNG

Then why am I still getting 310+ miles of actual range at 230 wh/mi (rated)?
because you have a RWD LR like mine, it was updated to 325 miles rated range even though you did not see it happen, the current software version would have a new battery showing 325 or close to that, My April 18' build has almost 29k miles and my 100% is around 307 right now.

Reactions: Electroman
because you have a RWD LR like mine, it was updated to 325 miles rated range even though you did not see it happen, the current software version would have a new battery showing 325 or close to that, My April 18' build has almost 29k miles and my 100% is around 307 right now.

'Rated miles' is simply battery capacity in kWh divided by an efficiency constant. Originally, a new Model 3 LR RWD with a new battery (75.0kWh usable) used a constant of 242 Wh/mi for a total rated miles of 310 (75000 Wh / 242 Wh/mi = 310mi). The 'bump' simply changed the constant from 242 to 231 (75000 / 231 = 325). You can see what constant your car is using by looking for the dashed 'Rated' line on the energy display (under apps). It's difficult to read precisely because it is not labeled, but you can get a good idea of what it is when the instantaneous average line (which is labeled) crosses it.

My constant is still 242 and has not changed since I bought the car. It also seems unlikely that I would see 5% degradation all of the sudden at the exact same time as a bump to 325 as you suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.