Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are the last two but it is consistent. Somehow my car is very efficient when charging. ;)

View attachment 197674
View attachment 197675

Take a look at the data from the charges at home by clicking on the battery. I'm guessing it's because you have some connection issues at home which would be represented by gaps in the data. If there's a gap the calculation will copy the last good data point into the calculation. If it's a couple gaps it's no big deal but multiple gaps will not take into account the charging curve correctly. Ultimately I need to display "n/a" on instances like this on the kWh used and efficiency fields since the data is not there and it I can't interpret it correctly. This has been brought up before but I have not gotten to it yet.

As far as the supercharge, check the data as well, I do have a bug listed in the tracker for over estimating supercharges but that one seems higher than normal. If you want to PM me your username I can take a look.

Yeah, I turned it off after a few days of short or no sleep cycles resulting in a lot of vampire energy loss. I asked @Jdeck about it upthread but he must have missed my question. I love the app a lot but not being able to put it to sleep in a consistent way resulting in significant range loss makes me think I should give the app more time to figure it out. A couple of the times it couldn't sleep might have been a result of inconsistent Internet connectivity so I started logging my router and even when my connectivity didn't drop it would sleep then awake multiple times overnight.
You said you were going to report back so I didn't reply. The waking up part has nothing to do with TeslaFi. The car wakes up on it's own for reasons unknown. Maybe to check in with Tesla or do some self diagnostics? If the car is asleep TeslaFi only checks if the asleep status changes and nothing else to wake it up.

You said you were going to report back so I didn't reply. The waking up part has nothing to do with TeslaFi. The car wakes up on it's own for reasons unknown. Maybe to check in with Tesla or do some self diagnostics? If the car is asleep TeslaFi only checks if the asleep status changes and nothing else to wake it up.
Post #379. I rebooted the router and never lost connectivity yet sleep was inconsistent. The question in that thread was would scheduled or another combination work better for me and if so can I enable always connect as before?

Hi, @Jdeck , I've got a question. I have one specific one drive whose TeslaFi data doesn't match in-vehicle meter. My last drive yesterday shows 206 Wh/km with 100.3% Efficiency, but the meter in the car shows 180 Wh/km. Why this discrepancy? See attached.
P_20161006_205117.jpg

Hi, @Jdeck , I've got a question. I have one specific one drive whose TeslaFi data doesn't match in-vehicle meter. My last drive yesterday shows 206 Wh/km with 100.3% Efficiency, but the meter in the car shows 180 Wh/km. Why this discrepancy? See attached.View attachment 197680

The following can be found in your settings page. The calculation seems to differ on each battery size so I put this into place so I can collect the factors from each car type.

kWh & Wh/m(km) Factor:

Factor:
If the kWh or Wh/Mile(Km) displayed for your drives are not accurate you can override the calculations performed by TeslaFi. You can enter .95 to represent 95% of the original dislay if the original numbers are high. Alternatatly you can enter 1.05 to represent 105% of the original display if the original numbers are low. 1 is the default factor. These calculations are based on rated miles used when driving. The rated miles reported by Tesla's API has an accuracy of 1/3 of a mile so you may notice shorter drives are not as accurate as longer drives.

Post #379. I rebooted the router and never lost connectivity yet sleep was inconsistent. The question in that thread was would scheduled or another combination work better for me and if so can I enable always connect as before?
But when you say inconsistent do you mean because it wakes up when it's sleeping? I replied to that above, the car wakes itself up. You'll notice that with no logging on sometimes you enter the car and you have to wait while it wakes up and sometimes it's already awake. The car does not sleep 24/7 even if you don't interact with it.

I've been noticing some pretty big slowdowns on the site when there are 10+ users viewing some of the heavier summary pages and it appears I need more ram on the server. I contacted Softlayer to enquire about adding more but they claim the server package I have can't be upgraded. After some back and forth they are providing me with a new server with more ram, faster processor and more storage since "I'm such a good customer". I started setting up the server last night and will start running some test scripts over the next few days. I'll eventually probably have to take things down for a hour or two to make the move but will notify everyone when it happens.

I've been noticing some pretty big slowdowns on the site when there are 10+ users viewing some of the heavier summary pages and it appears I need more ram on the server. I contacted Softlayer to enquire about adding more but they claim the server package I have can't be upgraded. After some back and forth they are providing me with a new server with more ram, faster processor and more storage since "I'm such a good customer". I started setting up the server last night and will start running some test scripts over the next few days. I'll eventually probably have to take things down for a hour or two to make the move but will notify everyone when it happens.
Maybe some financial donations could assist you with this endeavour? :)

But when you say inconsistent do you mean because it wakes up when it's sleeping? I replied to that above, the car wakes itself up. You'll notice that with no logging on sometimes you enter the car and you have to wait while it wakes up and sometimes it's already awake. The car does not sleep 24/7 even if you don't interact with it.
Inconsistent as to whether it's sleeping idling or online. I'm losing 6-9 miles vampire like that which isn't that much better to not using any sleep setting. Is that normal. How is your car setup?

Inconsistent as to whether it's sleeping idling or online. I'm losing 6-9 miles vampire like that which isn't that much better to not using any sleep setting. Is that normal. How is your car setup?
I have sleep mode on and scheduled sleep mode on from 10PM - 7AM. I usually lose 2-3 miles a day while idling. Not much different from having logging turned off.

Looks like that move to the new server is going to have to happen sooner rather than later. The old server crashed last night fighting for resources to do a backup. I'm running a repair a check and repair on the database right now to make sure everything is ok. Unfortunately the data logger is down while this is happening.

I've had two drives combined together somehow.

A 42 mile commute to work this morning and an after work trip of around 20 miles are showing as a single trip from home to the after work destination. The distance is right for the combined trips, but the timing is for the after work journey only.

TeslaFi Car ID: 488
first trip entry for today

Hi James,

I would love to get involved with TeslaFi! I could containerize TeslaFi for you and get it up and running on AWS. I could get a POC set up pretty quickly. From there, I could set up some scalability testing to show just how awesome TeslaFi can be in the cloud. Please DM me if you are interested and I'll share my contact info.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with AWS in any way. I simply am interesting in contributing to TeslaFi and have experience with AWS/Docker/Cloud stuff. In addition, I'd be happy to help with feature implementation, bug fixes, and support.

Last edited:
Reactions: hiroshiy and Tam
I've had two drives combined together somehow.

A 42 mile commute to work this morning and an after work trip of around 20 miles are showing as a single trip from home to the after work destination. The distance is right for the combined trips, but the timing is for the after work journey only.

TeslaFi Car ID: 488
first trip entry for today
The server had a hiccup in the middle of the night and I had to take the database down for repairs and you were probably in the middle of a drive when this happened. Since the data is not there the best thing to do is delete that drive.

Hi James,

I would love to get involved with TeslaFi! I could containerize TeslaFi for you and get it up and running on AWS. I could get a POC set up pretty quickly. From there, I could set up some scalability testing to show just how awesome TeslaFi can be in the cloud. Please DM me if you are interested and I'll share my contact info.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with AWS in any way. I simply am interesting in contributing to TeslaFi and have experience with AWS/Docker/Cloud stuff. In addition, I'd be happy to help with feature implementation, bug fixes, and support.
Thanks. I'm in the middle of switching things over to a new server and have spent a lot of time optimizing things. I HOPE for now this will allow for another 500 users. I will definitely need to look into better scalability if the user count continues to grow at this rate. I'll reach out to you.