Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Jdeck

I think I found another metric/imperial bug in TeslaFi…

On the Drive Details screen, the summary at the top includes the elevation change. I believe that's shown in meters. For the Thurs morning drive to my office (on Jul 7), it shows a drop of 319.8 feet. However, per veloroutes.org, my office is at 1259 feet, while my house is at 2312 feet -- so this should show a drop of about 1053 feet. And 319.8 meters = 1049.2 feet, so pretty close...
Maybe that was my issue?

@Jdeck

On the Drive Details screen, the summary at the top includes the elevation change. I believe that's shown in meters. For the Thurs morning drive to my office (on Jul 7), it shows a drop of 319.8 feet. However, per veloroutes.org, my office is at 1259 feet, while my house is at 2312 feet -- so this should show a drop of about 1053 feet. And 319.8 meters = 1049.2 feet, so pretty close...

Thanks, I just added that to the bug tracker at My View - TeslaFi Bug Tracker. I started the metric conversions for other users and got side tracked with other users.

James, another observation: all my supercharger charging sessions show > 100% charging efficiency (the average efficiency for the most visited SC is 311%). While I'd love that to be true, I don't think it is :)

I've noticed this with most supercharges as well. I need to take a look at my calculations for supercharges. From what I've heard, supercharges bypass the onboard charger of the car so I can't use the same api data that shows energy coming into the charger for them. I've added this to the bug tracker as well. Thanks.

@Jdeck I sent you an email, maybe it's lost in junk. What are the possibilities of adding thermal data? Oh I also got back from my cross country roadtrip. So glad to have Tesla Fi, if added so much data to the journey!

Sorry, I must of missed it during a group of invites. Thanks for signing up. I fixed quite a few bugs pertaining to your trip. I still have not gotten to a chademo bug I noticed.

I don't believe I have access to any thermal data through the Tesla API. You can find a guide of the API here - Tesla Model S JSON API · Apiary and see what I have access to. I don't think it shows all fields but I'll update the "Raw Data" page soon to show all the data points I'm collecting and you can see if there's anything you would like me to show. I put a ticket in the bug tracker to update that page so you can follow it. 0000049: Update "Raw Data" Page To Show All API fields - TeslaFi Bug Tracker

Quick note that I'm heading out of town tomorrow morning for a week and probably won't be able to get to any more updates until next weekend. I'm glad everyone is enjoying things so far. The data logger seems to be extremely stable so now it's just a matter of getting the front end in good shape.

Any bugs or feature requests can be posted at My View - TeslaFi Bug Tracker while I'm out and I can sort through them when I get back.

Thanks,

James

Sorry, I must of missed it during a group of invites. Thanks for signing up. I fixed quite a few bugs pertaining to your trip. I still have not gotten to a chademo bug I noticed.

I don't believe I have access to any thermal data through the Tesla API. You can find a guide of the API here - Tesla Model S JSON API · Apiary and see what I have access to. I don't think it shows all fields but I'll update the "Raw Data" page soon to show all the data points I'm collecting and you can see if there's anything you would like me to show. I put a ticket in the bug tracker to update that page so you can follow it. 0000049: Update "Raw Data" Page To Show All API fields - TeslaFi Bug Tracker

Awesome! Thanks for the great app, and I'm glad to be able to provide some good data back.

Reactions: Jdeck
Yeah, I haven't closed off testing yet. You can email me at [email protected] and I'll shoot you a link. If anyone has emailed me and hasn't heard back please email me again.
Really like what you have done! Congrats. I just did a quick 15 min drive to see how the data comes into the UI... Very nice! I'll let you known but the interface if I see anything amiss... In the meantime, I'll be showing it off!

I've fixed some bugs over the last couple days and added more to the list. I needed a little break from bugs so I created the first few leaderboards for driving stats. Kind of fun. Users can opt-out in the settings page if you don't want your username visible.

Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 8.32.17 PM.png

I still have a lot of things to do (My View - TeslaFi Bug Tracker) but the data collection seems good enough to open it up to anyone who wants to start collecting data.

There is now a link to register at TeslaFi.com Login.

I've fixed some bugs over the last couple days and added more to the list. I needed a little break from bugs so I created the first few leaderboards for driving stats. Kind of fun. Users can opt-out in the settings page if you don't want your username visible.

View attachment 185934

I still have a lot of things to do (My View - TeslaFi Bug Tracker) but the data collection seems good enough to open it up to anyone who wants to start collecting data.

There is now a link to register at TeslaFi.com Login.
I recommend it to data and stats geeks... Cone, on.. You know you love it! Really good work here and others are amazed at what a connected car can provide. . Thanks for the your work on this!

@Jdeck

This should be fixed now.

I needed a little break from bugs so I created the first few leaderboards for driving stats.
Leaderboards are always a lot of fun. Could I suggest adding average speed, just as an interesting data point? I think it will show who the really "cavalier" drivers are, if they are able to maintain high speed even when running low on range.

ps - Whitecotton really does a lot of driving!

Could I suggest adding average speed, just as an interesting data point? I think it will show who the really "cavalier" drivers are, if they are able to maintain high speed even when running low on range.
define high speeds, I've had the car well under 5% soc many times and driving at legal highway speeds I've never seen any sort of speed limitations. why would you "gun" the car if your battery is close to the bottom?