Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, @Jdeck , just wanted to give you a data point to fix rated range for Japanese cars. Right now my car is in sleep (turned on energy saving, and always connected OFF), and my rated range according to TeslaFi is:

5:23 PM 6:41 PM 172.18 171.36
# This is during idle. After 6:41pm, the car went to sleep.

At 6:05pm my Tesla app:
Point Blur_Jul302016_180527.jpg

So I had 220km of rated range (in our car it is called as Typical Range).

172 miles of rated range left according to TeslsFi is approx 275km, but it actually was 220km. Hope this helps.

@Jdeck

We're half way through a 4300 mile road trip... TeslaFi has been working great, but I have some observations to share.
1) you've hinted that you need to improve how data drops are handled -- we dropped 3G service at least once each day of driving (we've mostly skipped interstates...). Let me know if you need actual routing to help understand the gaps better. In most cases, the mapping looks great. One day though, the total miles driven is quite a bit higher than actual (Mon Jul 18 -- we drove from Vegas through Death Valley and Yosemite to Groveland, CA.)
2) I've noticed a few error lines showing up. On the charge total, I'm getting 2 errors rows that state: "Warning: Division by zero in /home/tesla/public_html/chargeCalc.php on line 333" -- both of those showed up after I did a couple CHAdeMO charges in Oregon. The CHAdeMO charges also show as 0% efficient...
3) I've noticed a few other odd things -- but it looks like you may have fixedly them (one stop on the road for 5 min was showing as ~10 stops, but now shows as one.). Thanks!
4) I found another bug on the temperature summary. We're currently in Canada, so flipping the car to metric for distance and temp may be part of this. But the temp summary is now showing all my drives between 10 and 50F (which would be accurate for C, but the data was in F...)
5) I have one request on the rankings... Could you put a filter in by battery? Kind of hard for us 60s to win the longest leg races!

Last edited:
Hi, @Jdeck , just wanted to give you a data point to fix rated range for Japanese cars. Right now my car is in sleep (turned on energy saving, and always connected OFF), and my rated range according to TeslaFi is:

5:23 PM 6:41 PM 172.18 171.36
# This is during idle. After 6:41pm, the car went to sleep.

At 6:05pm my Tesla app:
View attachment 187752
So I had 220km of rated range (in our car it is called as Typical Range).

172 miles of rated range left according to TeslsFi is approx 275km, but it actually was 220km. Hope this helps.

Thanks. That will help. I hope to get back to measurements tonight.

Reactions: hiroshiy
@Jdeck

We're half way through a 4300 mile road trip... TeslaFi has been working great, but I have some observations to share.
1) you've hinted that you need to improve how data drops are handled -- we dropped 3G service at least once each day of driving (we've mostly skipped interstates...). Let me know if you need actual routing to help understand the gaps better. In most cases, the mapping looks great. One day though, the total miles driven is quite a bit higher than actual (Mon Jul 18 -- we drove from Vegas through Death Valley and Yosemite to Groveland, CA.)
2) I've noticed a few error lines showing up. On the charge total, I'm getting 2 errors rows that state: "Warning: Division by zero in /home/tesla/public_html/chargeCalc.php on line 333" -- both of those showed up after I did a couple CHAdeMO charges in Oregon. The CHAdeMO charges also show as 0% efficient...
3) I've noticed a few other odd things -- but it looks like you may have fixedly them (one stop on the road for 5 min was showing as ~10 stops, but now shows as one.). Thanks!
4) I found another bug on the temperature summary. We're currently in Canada, so flipping the car to metric for distance and temp may be part of this. But the temp summary is now showing all my drives between 10 and 50F (which would be accurate for C, but the data was in F...)
5) I have one request on the rankings... Could you put a filter in by battery? Kind of hard for us 60s to win the longest leg races!

1. Yes, still need to work on handling offline data better. I will work on that after finishing up the metric conversions. I'll let you know if I need more data.
2. Chademo is on my list as well. :) 0000037: Chademo adapter - charger kwh calculation does not work - TeslaFi Bug Tracker
3. Not sure on this one. If you see it again take a screenshot if you can.
4. In the middle of working on conversions and hope to finish or at least get more done on them tonight.
5. Thats a good idea. I'll implement that at some point.

1. Yes, still need to work on handling offline data better. I will work on that after finishing up the metric conversions. I'll let you know if I need more data.
2. Chademo is on my list as well. :) 0000037: Chademo adapter - charger kwh calculation does not work - TeslaFi Bug Tracker
3. Not sure on this one. If you see it again take a screenshot if you can.
4. In the middle of working on conversions and hope to finish or at least get more done on them tonight.
5. Thats a good idea. I'll implement that at some point.

Thanks!

For #3, I can't get a screenshot, but this location is showing as 12 stops and the #3 destination on my top 10 list. But it was a single and very short stop this afternoon for road construction / flag man / pilot car due to a single lane... TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X Data Logger

I just signed up, looks absolutely great. I have a long trip coming up, so I'm looking forward to see if it can do what my trip logger LogMySc.com can do (I'm sure it can, I just want to see how it does it). I built LogMySc really for my own use, and doesn't look anywhere near as nice as this does. I'm hoping I can just use this instead.

Also, there's no P85+ in the Model selection dropdown. ;)

I don't know if you want these as bug reports or feature requests on the site or posting here is also ok?

First of all, I am more and more impressed at what you've done here. Great job!

I have two very small requests:
1. Can we have the option to sort the drives/idles in chronological order instead of reverse-chronological? That seems more natural to me.
2. We currently have the "efficiency" value as actual/rated miles, which is helpful. But I prefer to see the reciprocal of that as rated/actual, so when I'm looking at repeating a trip or leg that I've already done, I can get a good sense of how much of a buffer I need to supercharge (or charge) at each stop. If my rated/actual for a leg was 120%, the next time I'd use that as a base to figure my charging buffer based on temperature, speed, traffic, etc.

And one technical suggestion --- I see you're passing in GET variables in plain-text like this:

Code:
?sleeps=0&idles=0&drives=0&drives=1&charges=0&charges=1&day=2016-08-07

I assume you're scrubbing these inputs so they can't be messed with (I haven't tried). I'd suggest encapsulating all these parameters into an array or list, then encrypting the resulting string and then passing that into each page and decrypting it on the other side. That prevents people from messing with the parameters or attempting SQL Injection attacks. Also, I see a couple of dups in there (drives=, charges=) so those might need to be consolidated to avoid ambiguity.

Finally, I don't know what your plans are, but I definitely would pay a subscription fee for this.

I just signed up, looks absolutely great. I have a long trip coming up, so I'm looking forward to see if it can do what my trip logger LogMySc.com can do (I'm sure it can, I just want to see how it does it). I built LogMySc really for my own use, and doesn't look anywhere near as nice as this does. I'm hoping I can just use this instead.

Also, there's no P85+ in the Model selection dropdown. ;)

Thanks. I'll add that.

I don't know if you want these as bug reports or feature requests on the site or posting here is also ok?

First of all, I am more and more impressed at what you've done here. Great job!

I have two very small requests:
1. Can we have the option to sort the drives/idles in chronological order instead of reverse-chronological? That seems more natural to me.
2. We currently have the "efficiency" value as actual/rated miles, which is helpful. But I prefer to see the reciprocal of that as rated/actual, so when I'm looking at repeating a trip or leg that I've already done, I can get a good sense of how much of a buffer I need to supercharge (or charge) at each stop. If my rated/actual for a leg was 120%, the next time I'd use that as a base to figure my charging buffer based on temperature, speed, traffic, etc.

And one technical suggestion --- I see you're passing in GET variables in plain-text like this:

Code:
?sleeps=0&idles=0&drives=0&drives=1&charges=0&charges=1&day=2016-08-07

I assume you're scrubbing these inputs so they can't be messed with (I haven't tried). I'd suggest encapsulating all these parameters into an array or list, then encrypting the resulting string and then passing that into each page and decrypting it on the other side. That prevents people from messing with the parameters or attempting SQL Injection attacks. Also, I see a couple of dups in there (drives=, charges=) so those might need to be consolidated to avoid ambiguity.

Finally, I don't know what your plans are, but I definitely would pay a subscription fee for this.

Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it. Bug tracker is preferred so I'll remember things. If I'm currently working on things it can get lost in the shuffle on here. I'll add those two requests. Shouldn't be too hard.

I definitely need to cleanup the code for the forms on multiple pages like that. I kept things visible so I could debug and haven't gotten around to changing them.

Not sure what the plans are to be honest. I feel like I have a long way to go until I would feel comfortable accepting anything from the site.

I definitely need to cleanup the code for the forms on multiple pages like that. I kept things visible so I could debug and haven't gotten around to changing them.

You can also use PHP session variables. It's not too hard, I've used them before, but I really don't use them now. I like having all the parameters as GETs (encrypted) so they show up in the logs and I can debug things when people submit issues. But it does take a little bit more code to encrypt/decrypt each query string. Lots of different ways to do that.

Does it not make the leaderboard if there is internet loss?

I had a nice downhill drive yesterday!

Unfortunately for now the leaderboard filters out any drives containing more than 10 minutes of unknown status or offline status. It was picking up quite a few drives where cars had gone offline and charging had occurred during the offline period which boosted all the stats.

I'll revisit this again once I work on handling the offline status better. I'll need a bunch of if statements to catch all the possibilities. I've never had to catch so many possibilities on a project before.