Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I joined shortly before I drove from Houston to the factory! That definitely is not my normal driving habit! I look forward to more people overtaking me
Leaderboards are always a lot of fun. Could I suggest adding average speed, just as an interesting data point? I think it will show who the really "cavalier" drivers are, if they are able to maintain high speed even when running low on range.

ps - Whitecotton really does a lot of driving!

define high speeds, I've had the car well under 5% soc many times and driving at legal highway speeds I've never seen any sort of speed limitations. why would you "gun" the car if your battery is close to the bottom?

I know that the only time that I got under 10 RM left on a long trip, I started reducing my speed a bit as I was approaching the supercharger. I probably spent 30 miles or so driving near or just under the speed limit vs. the 8+ that I normally drive. In the end, I made it to the charger with like 8 miles left, so wouldn't have had to reduce speed. I'm sure that many more experienced drivers would have felt more comfortable and not have reduced their speed as much.

Obviously this data point is very geographically/road type dependent, but I still think it would be interesting.

I never slow down to the cars recommendations, especially after the trip, I find that information to be highly unreliable. At least it makes sure you will make it no matter what, which might be the original intent of the feature. Note I have always made it to my destination/ charger

I never slow down to the cars recommendations, especially after the trip, I find that information to be highly unreliable. At least it makes sure you will make it no matter what, which might be the original intent of the feature. Note I have always made it to my destination/ charger
you've been lucky, in places with severe upgrades (which should be baked into the routing) weather like snow, rain and headwinds (which are not baked into the nav calcs) those suggestions should be heeded.
have any of you ever
encountered unexpected detours? last winter a rock slide closed I-70 in CO for over a week necessitating a 230+ mile detour.

Whats the security of using our Tesla login information. What is the exposure risk - if someone got the username and password, all they need is the app and a smart phone. Am I being too paranoid?

I don't store your Tesla.com username or password on my server. I only use the password and login to obtain a token from Tesla's server which is then used to obtain the data from their servers until it expires or you change your password on tesla.com. If you google oauth you can read a little more about the specifics. Hopefully that helps.

you've been lucky, in places with severe upgrades (which should be baked into the routing) weather like snow, rain and headwinds (which are not baked into the nav calcs) those suggestions should be heeded.
have any of you ever
encountered unexpected detours? last winter a rock slide closed I-70 in CO for over a week necessitating a 230+ mile detour.
Wow no I haven't, plus all of my road trip driving has been in the heat (90+)

I don't store your Tesla.com username or password on my server. I only use the password and login to obtain a token from Tesla's server which is then used to obtain the data from their servers until it expires or you change your password on tesla.com. If you google oauth you can read a little more about the specifics. Hopefully that helps.

Thank you - that is helpful. Sorry - only basic computer knowledge here. So the token is valid until if close the app/website, or until i change my password with Tesla?

Thank you - that is helpful. Sorry - only basic computer knowledge here. So the token is valid until if close the app/website, or until i change my password with Tesla?

Sorry, I forgot to include that tokens expire by themselves 90 days from creation. The tokens are store on TeslaFi.com indefinitely even though they expire after the 90 days and are no good. They are replaced when a new token is requested by the user.

I just added a ticket on my bug tracker to add a button to remove a token at any time. I should have thought of that before.

Hi, @Jdeck , thanks for great software! I just started using it for two days and I love it.

I have a few questions, as mine is Japanese and I have seen some strange data on TeslaFi. See attached pic:
Screenshot_2016-07-25-21-20-13.jpg

1. Rated range seems to be in miles, but it's a bit off. My current Rated is 260 according to TeslaFi, but mine actually is around 335km, which is approx 209 miles.
2. The third entry is charging from 6% to 90%. It seems my Tesla wasted so much energy...
3. Temperature is in F. I would like it in Celcius.

If you need more data please let me know. Also I have turned on sleep mode, and my charging location does not have radio coverage :)

Hi, @Jdeck , thanks for great software! I just started using it for two days and I love it.

I have a few questions, as mine is Japanese and I have seen some strange data on TeslaFi. See attached pic:
View attachment 186947
1. Rated range seems to be in miles, but it's a bit off. My current Rated is 260 according to TeslaFi, but mine actually is around 335km, which is approx 209 miles.
2. The third entry is charging from 6% to 90%. It seems my Tesla wasted so much energy...
3. Temperature is in F. I would like it in Celcius.

If you need more data please let me know. Also I have turned on sleep mode, and my charging location does not have radio coverage :)

Hi. I have not completed the metric conversions yet. As far as the charge data, your car was offline (no internet connection) for 90% of the charge data collection. I did some work last night on data collected when the car if offline but unfortunately there's not much I can do with data like this since it's not there for me to access. The charging script I have can fill in a few blank data points here and there by copying empty data with the good data collected before, but when there simply is no data like yours I'll probably have to blank out the display of charging efficiency in these cases.

Reactions: hiroshiy
What do you think re rated range? Somebody said something like with Japanese cars, ideal range is returned for rated, and typical range is returned for ideal. Typical is European and Japanese rated, but they are slightly higher Wh/km than US rated.

I'm not sure, I'll check it out when I get back into the metric conversions. Good to know though, it'll give me a place to start if that is correct.

Reactions: hiroshiy