Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I've finished all the metric conversions. There is now a selection for miles/kilometers and fahrenheit/celsius in the settings page and during signup.
Thanks, great to see data in metric. In the Longest Drives screen, temp is still in Fahrenheit. Other than that looks good, except Japanese Rated range support I mentioned the other day.

There may still be a bug... For my car, it shows just over 50 miles driven at 0-10F... But that was a drive in BC where the temps dropped just below 10C.
It was actually some bad data from 8/4. The car was offline the whole time aside from a couple data points at the end so it registered a temperature avg of 0. I corrected the temperature page to ignore empty temperature averages.

It was actually some bad data from 8/4. The car was offline the whole time aside from a couple data points at the end so it registered a temperature avg of 0. I corrected the temperature page to ignore empty temperature averages.

Thanks for checking... We drove from Spokane, WA to Yellowstone on 8/4. Had several data outages, especially towards the end of the day in Yellowstone...

Just wanted to say I just signed up and I'm thoroughly impressed. :);):cool: I currently have an S60, but will be picking up an X75D hopefully next month. I hope the X is or will be supported soon!

I didn't go through the past 6 pages of posts, so apologies if this was mentioned earlier, but I would consider paying a small fee to compensate you for your efforts and support costs.

Just wanted to say I just signed up and I'm thoroughly impressed. :);):cool: I currently have an S60, but will be picking up an X75D hopefully next month. I hope the X is or will be supported soon!

I didn't go through the past 6 pages of posts, so apologies if this was mentioned earlier, but I would consider paying a small fee to compensate you for your efforts and support costs.

Model X is already supported but unfortunately I haven't gotten around to supporting multiple cars on the same tesla.com account yet.

Here's one longer term suggestion (not a bug) which I'll also post to the bug tracker.

When I'm taking longer road trips between two Superchargers, and say, stop at a rest stop along the way for a few minutes, that becomes two separate drives and one idle, which kind of clutters up the Drives listing. What I'd really like to see is a couple of options (or both):

1. Have a "Minimum Idle Time" where if there is an idle of less than that value, just record it as idle time during the single drive, and subtract that idle from from the average MPH. You can add a column or value "Idle time during Drive" without creating two drives and an idle. So it stays as one drive with a little idle time added, also without creating another location to tag at some random highway address.

2. (preferred option) Provide the option to merge adjacent Drives and Idles into one Drive. Like Option #1, take the idle time and subtract it out of drive time so the stats stay accurate. And then also allow the option to merge two adjacent Drives into one long drive. This way, each Drive actually has meaning (like between two superchargers or two destinations) without the "noise" of short idles that really don't add any more information. I also don't want to just "hide" the idles, as I want that idle time figured into the total driving time, but not the average MPH.

Also, in both cases,the associated map would more accurately reflect the separate legs of the journey.

I know I can hide idles and just look at drives, but still many of my drives are broken up into multiple legs just because I stopped for even a minute to check email or answer a phone call.

And thanks for a great app!

Just to add an example to my previous post, here's a recent shot of a leg of a longer trip. I'd like to merge all of this into one "Drive" with associated idle times and idle range losses (I don't know why I lost 11 miles of range in 23 minutes?). This was from the last Supercharger to my house. That's the info I really want to see. Thanks.

upload_2016-8-19_10-25-59.png

Just to add an example to my previous post, here's a recent shot of a leg of a longer trip. I'd like to merge all of this into one "Drive" with associated idle times and idle range losses (I don't know why I lost 11 miles of range in 23 minutes?). This was from the last Supercharger to my house. That's the info I really want to see. Thanks.

Your second idea was what I had in mind to try to implement when I start to tackle the handling of trips that contain a lot off offline data. The logger would split the trips up but I will provide a way to merge them later.

I'll check out that one idle. I tried to look at the data points of the idle but it appears I broke something last night and it's not displaying correctly.

'll check out that one idle. I tried to look at the data points of the idle but it appears I broke something last night and it's not displaying correctly.

I think I figured it out, just some bad data. It takes about 40 minutes to drive between those two points, so the new drive didn't get picked up until about 20 minutes into it, which created a very long idle and a shorter drive. I didn't think I spent 23 minutes at the rest stop, and that also explains why the energy use was so high.

I made some nice adjustments to location tagging over the past few nights. When you click on an untagged address it will allow you to tag an address and show you the radius of the tagging coordinates. It was also show you name suggestions of nearby businesses via the google places api.

I took a trip this weekend and noticed the improvements to location tagging. Very nicely done! One other suggestion I would make would be to allow the user to change the center coordinates. If, for example, I park on one side of the store one time and the opposite side the second time, getting both locations in the radius winds up as a larger circle that encompasses other locations. If I could move the center to the middle of the store, then the circle can cover a smaller area overall.

I took a trip this weekend and noticed the improvements to location tagging. Very nicely done! One other suggestion I would make would be to allow the user to change the center coordinates. If, for example, I park on one side of the store one time and the opposite side the second time, getting both locations in the radius winds up as a larger circle that encompasses other locations. If I could move the center to the middle of the store, then the circle can cover a smaller area overall.

Thanks. I do want to incorporate the ability to resize and move the circle directly in the map. I'm not very skilled in the google maps javascript api but I'm learning. Hopefully I'll be able to add it soon.

Love this app -- look at it every day, and then some! Kudos to the author!

I'm intrigued by the temperature/efficiency chart, and would love to see the same for average speed ranges. I'm trying to find the "sweet spot" for my car, and being able to see efficiency and/or wh/mi for average speed increments of 5 mph over time could really help.

Love this app -- look at it every day, and then some! Kudos to the author!

I'm intrigued by the temperature/efficiency chart, and would love to see the same for average speed ranges. I'm trying to find the "sweet spot" for my car, and being able to see efficiency and/or wh/mi for average speed increments of 5 mph over time could really help.

Good idea. I've added it to the feature requests in the bug tracker.

Reactions: DrManhattan
Mr deck: I just noticed my charging effiency at home 110 outlet is usually very low, around 40%. There is almost no reception there. Does that affect the readings? Should I ignore the efficiency numbers?

For now yes. In order to get the efficiency I add up all of the energy used records from the api and then compare them to the last energy added record from the API. If the reception is poor then it's missing some of the energy used records. I don't really see a way around this as of yet except for catching these cases and displaying "---" or "N/A" in the efficiency field when this occurs.

• Informative
Reactions: DrManhattan