Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The site is definitely faster than before. The month and software pages still take a while, but there's a ton of data being processed there. Great job!

I did notice that the site isn't factoring in the user's time zone setting (like we saw in initial testing back in late May, I think) so maybe something got reset there.

I appear to be missing data from Thursday evening to about 3:25 pm Central time on Friday. Is this from the server move? I thought that maybe I had hit some limit on # of drives in a day, but after reading about the server change I reviewed the data again & think it might be that.

The site is definitely faster than before. The month and software pages still take a while, but there's a ton of data being processed there. Great job!

I did notice that the site isn't factoring in the user's time zone setting (like we saw in initial testing back in late May, I think) so maybe something got reset there.
I fixed the timezone issue, forgot to setup timezone support in the database after the move.

Some of the data heavy pages seem slower than before but the simple pages are quicker. I'll look into make sure I have the server config right and actually try to optimize those pages this week.

I appear to be missing data from Thursday evening to about 3:25 pm Central time on Friday. Is this from the server move? I thought that maybe I had hit some limit on # of drives in a day, but after reading about the server change I reviewed the data again & think it might be that.
I think that was during the time the server was actually down during the crash.

Believe it or not, but now it is working again. I am using a password manager that automatically enters the credentials, so I am pretty sure it was not user error :)
Now that I think about it, it could have been something I did. I enabled the old server for a couple minutes and it freaked out making a couple thousand connections to the new server and overloaded it. Won't do that again.

So for different tagged addresses we get to pick an icon associated with that address via a drop-down. A few questions:

1. The drop-down shows the filename of the icon, but is it possible to see what the icon looks like before selecting it?

2. The things populating the drop-down menu look like a UNIX directory scan. I can tell because it also includes items for "." and ".." I don't think I broke anything by playing "let's see what this does" with those menu items, but I'm not sure. :)

2. Is it possible, after selecting an icon, to say "forget it, I don't want any icon at all" and have it go back to no icon?

Thanks!

Bruce.

So for different tagged addresses we get to pick an icon associated with that address via a drop-down. A few questions:

1. The drop-down shows the filename of the icon, but is it possible to see what the icon looks like before selecting it?

2. The things populating the drop-down menu look like a UNIX directory scan. I can tell because it also includes items for "." and ".." I don't think I broke anything by playing "let's see what this does" with those menu items, but I'm not sure. :)

2. Is it possible, after selecting an icon, to say "forget it, I don't want any icon at all" and have it go back to no icon?

Thanks!

Bruce.
There's a ticket in for #1 and I added the others to it as well. 0000133: Display Icons Rather than File Names when Tagging Location Image - TeslaFi Bug Tracker Thanks

Reactions: bmah and rfmurphy81
Hi James,

First off, congratulation on a well designed project and thank you for bringing it to life.
I wanted to ask you if you are thinking of implementing dynamic scheduling for charging since it seems that all the needed date is available.

Keep up the good work!
Andrea

@Jdeck I was trying to figure out how to add this to the bug tracker, but maybe only people with an account for that site can add bugs or something. I noticed that my top 10 destinations has the same destination listed twice. Once as the 2nd most common destination and then again as the 9th most common. Clicking on both of the destinations brings up the same saved location, location=6 in the URL. Is there a way to get them to stop showing twice?

Also, is there a way to get a saved destination to go back to having no icon if I added an icon for it? I can't figure out how to get it back to no icon. Thanks!