Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry - another problem to report. Getting a 404 try to merge 2 drives this morning.

Really like the tool and I think it will be very helpful for me on a long trip for planning.
Darn, it's the same issue as before. Either something broke on the server move or the redirect feature I added a while back never worked in anything other than Chrome. I turned off the redirect after submit on the merge page as well and it looks like it's working.

Hi James, thanks for fixing the settings save button so quickly.

Another question (sorry) - I've tried downloading the raw API data as a csv from the link on the settings page. It gives me about 2 days of data starting from when I first set the car up for logging. Is that intentional?

Darn, it's the same issue as before. Either something broke on the server move or the redirect feature I added a while back never worked in anything other than Chrome. I turned off the redirect after submit on the merge page as well and it looks like it's working.
Works. Thanks!

I'm about half way through a 2,000 mile road trip and have been viewing through Chrome on my phone. Your tool is going to be very helpful on our return home and next trip this way.

Hi James, thanks for fixing the settings save button so quickly.

Another question (sorry) - I've tried downloading the raw API data as a csv from the link on the settings page. It gives me about 2 days of data starting from when I first set the car up for logging. Is that intentional?

The new server wasn't set to allocate the memory needed to output the file. I got it up and running again, BUT disabled it temporarily. I think I need to put some sort of quota system in place like allowing a download once a week or once a month. Since it's outputting in csv it uses quite a bit of resources depending on the size of the table. But the biggest issue could be the bandwidth. Someone could download a 100+MB file over and over again blowing through my allotment of bandwidth. I'll give this one some thought.

It looks like Tesla added another API field called 'in_service'. My car reads 'False' constantly since I noticed it. I added the field to the raw data page if anyone wants to see what their car shows. Maybe it will read True if your car is being serviced at a service center?

• Helpful
Reactions: rfmurphy81
The new server wasn't set to allocate the memory needed to output the file. I got it up and running again, BUT disabled it temporarily. I think I need to put some sort of quota system in place like allowing a download once a week or once a month. Since it's outputting in csv it uses quite a bit of resources depending on the size of the table. But the biggest issue could be the bandwidth. Someone could download a 100+MB file over and over again blowing through my allotment of bandwidth. I'll give this one some thought.

Makes sense to me. Personally, I'd be happy with a 'download last month's data' button. At some point, I imagine the cost of running this is going to become an issue for you. I would be happy to pay a sub to use the service, or for some features to be 'pay per use' so you can recover the cost of expensive operations.

It looks like Tesla added another API field called 'in_service'. My car reads 'False' constantly since I noticed it. I added the field to the raw data page if anyone wants to see what their car shows. Maybe it will read True if your car is being serviced at a service center?

Scuttlebutt is that Tesla changed the geofence process go only apply to cars in am active service ticket. This could be the field they are using to trigger off that.

I read every page of this thread last night and didn't notice this answered already, so forgive me if I managed to miss it over the past 24 pages.

I saw on the settings page where I can assign my electricity rate for home to be used in cost calculations. I saw in the bug reporter about expanding this to allow for Time of Use. Is there any thought to making this assigned to locations?

Perhaps a specific scenario will explain where I interested in... At home, I pay a specific cost per kWh (.0937 thankfully). I do most of my charging at work, which lets us charge for free. Additionally, none of us (currently) pays for Supercharging (at least based on how much you use - subscription costs in the car notwithstanding). If I am reading the collected data correctly so far, TeslaFi assumes I pay for home charging and all other charging is free. So while a charging session may show a "cost", those numbers are included in "cost savings" on the summary page. So really, it is showing what the cost would be if I charged at home. However, how do I account for parking on paid chargers like some ChargePoints and Greenlots? They would show a "cost" based on my home rate, not that location's rate, and they would be considered "savings" even though I actually paid for them. So if we could provide an "actual cost" per saved location, that could be used to give us that locations true cost (or cost savings compared to home if not provided) and the cost savings summary can be better calculated.
IMG_3607.jpg

And just some UI questions as well, basically for usability when I'm browsing TeslaFi from my phone.

- Without hitting the back button multiple times or logging out/back in, how do I get to the main daily summary page from my screenshot above?
- I know there is a bug report to enhance locations to allow you to drag/drop the pin, but is there a way to manually provide the address (to convert to coordinates) for a location? We have charging stations at work on both sides of the campus (different addresses), but I can't drive to the center to have a pin there, but know the center spot's address/coordinates.
- For the technically capable, is there a plan to have the option of us providing the token rather than our credentials for TeslaFi to grab the token on our behalf (yes, I read the posts that TeslaFi won't save the credentials). Just wondering if that will be an option for those who are so inclined?
- How (or can we request the option to if not) move the order of the summaries on the right side of the above screenshot? I would prefer my sleeps and idle time after the driving and charging summaries.
- Can we turn off the Google Maps route diagram on specific trips if I want to share a screenshot on a public forum?

None of these are showstoppers. I love what you have built James, so just asking how to/can we get stuff. Thanks!

I read every page of this thread last night and didn't notice this answered already, so forgive me if I managed to miss it over the past 24 pages.

I saw on the settings page where I can assign my electricity rate for home to be used in cost calculations. I saw in the bug reporter about expanding this to allow for Time of Use. Is there any thought to making this assigned to locations?

Perhaps a specific scenario will explain where I interested in... At home, I pay a specific cost per kWh (.0937 thankfully). I do most of my charging at work, which lets us charge for free. Additionally, none of us (currently) pays for Supercharging (at least based on how much you use - subscription costs in the car notwithstanding). If I am reading the collected data correctly so far, TeslaFi assumes I pay for home charging and all other charging is free. So while a charging session may show a "cost", those numbers are included in "cost savings" on the summary page. So really, it is showing what the cost would be if I charged at home. However, how do I account for parking on paid chargers like some ChargePoints and Greenlots? They would show a "cost" based on my home rate, not that location's rate, and they would be considered "savings" even though I actually paid for them. So if we could provide an "actual cost" per saved location, that could be used to give us that locations true cost (or cost savings compared to home if not provided) and the cost savings summary can be better calculated.
View attachment 198637

I do the same. Looking at the "charges" page (battery icon) it shows how many times I've charged at each location. So they are clearly noted in the database with the location. It seems to already do this based on Superchargers being separate. While not a trivial thing, it would be interesting to have the destination chargers have a separate rate from your home charger. And possibly an extra column on the "charges" page showing a summation of costs at each location.

Again, I'm a huge fan and think it's worth 1000x more than we pay for it... :)

Without hitting the back button multiple times or logging out/back in, how do I get to the main daily summary page from my screenshot above?

I'd like to have a "soft logon" (or whatever it is called). I leave my PC on, and browser open, 24/7, so when I come back to TeslaFi tomorrow the login will have timed out. I hit refresh, or click on a link and get the login screen. After login I wind up on the "home" page, rather than the link that I was attempting to reach. My meaning of "soft login" is that after login the next page displayed is the one / URL that I was trying to reach (that would also permit storing a deep URL in Favourites, and that being reachable (after an intermediate login step)

I know there is a bug report to enhance locations to allow you to drag/drop the pin, but is there a way to manually provide the address (to convert to coordinates) for a location? We have charging stations at work on both sides of the campus (different addresses), but I can't drive to the center to have a pin there, but know the center spot's address/coordinates.

TeslaLog has a geo-fencing tool. That allows me to look at a map of a location and see "dots" for all the exact places where I have stopped in that vicinity (the example they give is taking a kid to dance school and having to park in side streets nearby for drop-off). I can then draw a polygon around the area to define it (and, for example, configure the Climate to stay on for 30 minutes in my local supermarket car park).

I have no idea how difficult that is to do, but draw-a-polygon would be better for me than radius - even if I could move the centre-point. I have some parking places which are adjacent and, ideally, I would want to be able to name them differently rather than them being treated as one, or their circles overlapping.

But I'm relaxed about this, just thinking out loud, what I currently have is really really useful as it is. Just need a donate button :)

allow specifying different rates for electricity at different times of the year

Storing prices, with dates, could also allow a price increase to be entered (either ahead of time or, retrospectively, to apply to existing data).

Seems that pricing is important for some folks - is this more than an academic exercise? e.g. reclaiming expenses on a company car perhaps? Seems to be that when buying Gas employees can get a receipt but when plugging into the house there isn't any means of metering / re-charging that (short of incurring the cost of installing a dedicated meter) and maybe TeslaFi could be regarded as an independent source of such data

Reactions: JonW

View attachment 198637
The current cost system on charging is pretty basic. I think what you and @mudmutt have brought up is doable. I added it to the tracker here - 0000156: Add Charge Cost By Location - TeslaFi Bug Tracker. Thanks

Reactions: Cyclone and mudmutt
And just some UI questions as well, basically for usability when I'm browsing TeslaFi from my phone.

- I know there is a bug report to enhance locations to allow you to drag/drop the pin, but is there a way to manually provide the address (to convert to coordinates) for a location? We have charging stations at work on both sides of the campus (different addresses), but I can't drive to the center to have a pin there, but know the center spot's address/coordinates.
Nothing yet, but I do want to upgrade that interface at some point.
- For the technically capable, is there a plan to have the option of us providing the token rather than our credentials for TeslaFi to grab the token on our behalf (yes, I read the posts that TeslaFi won't save the credentials). Just wondering if that will be an option for those who are so inclined?
Good idea. That should be relatively easy to implement. I added a ticket here - 0000157: Allow user to create and use self generated token - TeslaFi Bug Tracker. It may be useful for me to add a link to some instructions if you happen to know of any. A lot easier than me writing them. :)
- How (or can we request the option to if not) move the order of the summaries on the right side of the above screenshot? I would prefer my sleeps and idle time after the driving and charging summaries.
Not an option currently - 0000158: Arrange daily summary tables by user preference. - TeslaFi Bug Tracker
- Can we turn off the Google Maps route diagram on specific trips if I want to share a screenshot on a public forum?
I prefer your drawing on the screenshot above. :) 0000159: Screen Shot Feature - TeslaFi Bug Tracker

None of these are showstoppers. I love what you have built James, so just asking how to/can we get stuff. Thanks!

Reactions: Cyclone
I'd like to have a "soft logon" (or whatever it is called). I leave my PC on, and browser open, 24/7, so when I come back to TeslaFi tomorrow the login will have timed out. I hit refresh, or click on a link and get the login screen. After login I wind up on the "home" page, rather than the link that I was attempting to reach. My meaning of "soft login" is that after login the next page displayed is the one / URL that I was trying to reach (that would also permit storing a deep URL in Favourites, and that being reachable (after an intermediate login step)

0000160: Follow Link After Re- Login - TeslaFi Bug Tracker

TeslaLog has a geo-fencing tool. That allows me to look at a map of a location and see "dots" for all the exact places where I have stopped in that vicinity (the example they give is taking a kid to dance school and having to park in side streets nearby for drop-off). I can then draw a polygon around the area to define it (and, for example, configure the Climate to stay on for 30 minutes in my local supermarket car park).

I have no idea how difficult that is to do, but draw-a-polygon would be better for me than radius - even if I could move the centre-point. I have some parking places which are adjacent and, ideally, I would want to be able to name them differently rather than them being treated as one, or their circles overlapping.

I love the polygon line tagging in TeslaLog. Unfortunately it's currently above my Google Maps Javacript capabilities. When I retool the tagging page I'm for sure going to look into it.

But I'm relaxed about this, just thinking out loud, what I currently have is really really useful as it is. Just need a donate button :)

Reactions: WannabeOwner