Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi Maps - must get out more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm....

I started wondering if I could work out what people do (work wise) based on their driving patterns and destinations. Where they work, who their clients might be, where family and relatives are based......

Homes and such obviously no detail, but knowing that someone works for Rolls Royce and visits certain plants regularly is maybe not to everyone's comfort.

Planning on doing that too

The only thing I would do differently is spend longer doing it :). I picked some nice hotels that just so happened to have Destination Chargers (although this does seem to go hand in hand) and would have liked to stayed longer. The Isle of Eriska near Oban and the Devonshire Arms near Skipton on our way back deserved longer stops.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I started wondering if I could work out what people do (work wise) based on their driving patterns and destinations.

Someone casing the joint to knick my car is unlikely to start here ... I think?!! ... but if they are doing that then: beware that I have Pin-to-Drive, Sentry-Mode, CCTV on the property, both overt and covert, and in case you are really thick the car location is logged too ... so move along to someone nearby with a less-risk steal please :)

I've had a car stolen, driven off my drive, when I was present, by someone I invited onto my property ... that's a bit more drama than I would want again! (kids dined out 'coz Coppers scrambled their Chopper as they didn't have anything that could catch it!). That car had tracker and police apprehended it before it had gone very far ...

The only thing I would do differently is spend longer doing it

Some of us work for a living :) But, yeah, IMWYM.

Haven't done much of that, but we thoroughly enjoyed a leisurely trip, with chums, to do the WW I battlefields last Spring, and I can see us doing more of that sort of touring in future; we choose some quirky hotels for that jaunt. I'm of-an-age where many of my mates seem to be buying modest-sized RVs for their touring. Personally I'm wanting someone else to do the cooking and washing when I'm on holiday.

nice hotels that just so happened to have Destination Chargers (although this does seem to go hand in hand)

When we hot-foot to Alps we normally overnight, and don't bother too much about quality of accommodation. However, this time to get a Destination charger I'm paying £100 more than I normally would for the night ... which about matches what I am saving on fuel going EV :)

Great to see these maps and journeys but noticed nobody from UK posting a map had got very far north so far. Just to put minds at rest, we have lots of superchargers in Dundee! Look forward to seeing more Teslas heading north this year.
Is this north enough?;) There are a few on here that have also done NW500.

upload_2020-2-25_18-3-7.jpeg

Be interesting to see the UKs heat map. See if anywhere missing a SuC. Request and support the idea on TeslaFi here: heat map / General / TeslaFi

Last edited:
Reactions: i3m3Andrew