Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys (Peter_M, G8YTZ and MrBravo) have access to the official Tesla app through your phones? Don't know if it can be a connection here to the TeslaLog error, but I've seems to have lost all connection to the car through PC and phone (both official app and third party applications).

The Tesla app claim that "Mobile App Remote Access is OFF" in the car, but it is not, and the error message in the app pops up way to fast for it to be able to connect to the car. That makes me belive that it might have something to do with connection to the Tesla servers...? A call to Tesla have not solved anything, and their only idea is to take the car in for service. *sigh*

Cheers.

Do you guys (Peter_M, G8YTZ and MrBravo) have access to the official Tesla app through your phones? Don't know if it can be a connection here to the TeslaLog error, but I've seems to have lost all connection to the car through PC and phone (both official app and third party applications).

The Tesla app claim that "Mobile App Remote Access is OFF" in the car, but it is not, and the error message in the app pops up way to fast for it to be able to connect to the car. That makes me belive that it might have something to do with connection to the Tesla servers...? A call to Tesla have not solved anything, and their only idea is to take the car in for service. *sigh*

Cheers.
The Tesla app and the Remote S app both work fine for me.

Cheers.
Yes, I use the Tesla app on the phone.

I just now tried again and the token problem is gone. Generated a new token successfully! :)

First off, there doesn't appear to be any feedback e-mail or support information on the site. I dug through the site first, then the Tesla Owners group, before finally finding your support-thread here. At the very least, even if it's a limited-release beta, you should probably include a link back to the support-thread, right? D:

So, I'm having some trouble:

• There doesn't appear to be any way to log out! There's a link, which points to login.html# … but clicking it, and loading that page, doesn't appear to have any effect. (That is, visiting the root at teslalog.com/ still shows ‘my garage.’) (This is a long-term problem; it didn't bother me so much in the past, but now I'm feeling the pain, as my default recourse for various problems is “log out, then log back in” … which obviously won't work here.)
  • One day ago, I got an e-mail notification that “[my] API Token will expire in 6 days.” Now, in the middle of the day today, while actively using the site (specifically, I'm on a lengthy roadtrip; and I always keep your headwind display open on my dash-mounted iPad while driving), the display was suddenly unable to load any new GPS data — and after a reload, wouldn't even load the weather data. After tapping ‘my garage,’ I see a white car, with a notification to ‘click the white car to complete setup’ (my account is definitely setup; that error message could use some refactoring, lol); and visiting the tesla_token.html page shows no tokens at all (even expired!). Now, I can't use the site at all; and I can't even log out (see above) to see if my account is functional.
  • Finally, and this is another long-standing annoyance — your oh-so-useful headwind page, at some point in the past, had a little white triangle that ‘orbited’ around the vehicle image (which, by the way, is a Model S? I'm not sure why, as I drive a Model X?), to show me the difference between my vehicle's heading and the local wind's heading. That marker no longer appears, for reasons unknown; I'd really love to see it come back!

(Again, although I mentioned it briefly above — I can reproduce the login problems on my laptop, right now; but the vast majority of the time, I use the site from a dashboard-mounted iPad. Some of these problems may be specific to iOS Safari in some way.)

Finally: TeslaLog rocks, and probably adds ≥$US 5,000 to the value of my car. I can't believe Tesla themselves doesn't expose this information. Keep up the good work; and if you're willing to put in the work to actually secure us users' credentials (I'm aware that Tesla doesn't provide limited API keys, nor an easy way to generate them; there's ways around this), I'd definitely love to see you charging for this service. <3

If you leave it for a long time (like an hour) it should eventually finish preparing the report. It worked for me yesterday.

BTW, it looks like mochouinard is no longer supporting teslalog. His last post about teslalog was in October and his last post on TMC was in November. The server is still running and working, but I don't know if it will be fixed if something breaks. Too bad - it's a great tool!

I sure am having trouble with third party software to connect with my car. I tried VisibleTesla and then TeslaLogs. Neither works.
I got a token at TeslaLogs very quickly, but it doesn't connect to the car. It shows "loading" for a second, then nothing. I went down and opened the door to "wake it up" and then came back and it still doesn't work. The Tesla App connects without difficulty. Are there any suggestions from anybody?

I sure am having trouble with third party software to connect with my car. I tried VisibleTesla and then TeslaLogs. Neither works.
I got a token at TeslaLogs very quickly, but it doesn't connect to the car. It shows "loading" for a second, then nothing. I went down and opened the door to "wake it up" and then came back and it still doesn't work. The Tesla App connects without difficulty. Are there any suggestions from anybody?
No but you'll be happier if you switch to a supported app.