Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F.Y.I. He's pretty vague on security of the site and the tokens unlike Allen Wong and James from TeslaFi. That concerns me. Be careful.

Thanks for the warning.

I'm pretty happy with Teslalog and just started using Teslafi fairly recently, (though I haven't really done much with it yet) so I'm not likely to sign up for this one, but I'll take a look. Thanks again for the heads up!

The good thing is that he's busy implementing a way that allows you to use just you generated token, and nog require a full username/pwd combo.

@redevries --

I was going to try TeslaCockpit, by supplying my own token. I thought I could just grab the token from Teslalog, as I recalled that Teslalog displays expired and current tokens. When I just attempted to grab a copy of my token, though, I realized that TeslaLog is only displaying the beginning and the end of it, and not the entire token. So...

Do you know if there is a way to copy the ENTIRE token form Teslalog?

If not, is there another, simple way to generate a token without running python scripts, etc.?

Thanks!

Edit: Never mind. I also use TeslaFi, and my complete token is available there.

All that is needed is the token. How is he protecting the token?
That remains a matter of faith in the developer ;) But this is true for all tools you use. I feel a little more comfortable supplying just a token because it limits the abuse to reading data from my car. To actually remote-start the car, you still need the password, next to the token.
So, although not perfect, just supplying a token makes me feel a little more secure :)

(for the technically inclined, here are more details on the API that's used: Tesla Model S JSON API · Apiary )

As for getting a token - this is one option: Tesla API Token Generator

That remains a matter of faith in the developer ;) But this is true for all tools you use. I feel a little more comfortable supplying just a token because it limits the abuse to reading data from my car. To actually remote-start the car, you still need the password, next to the token.
So, although not perfect, just supplying a token makes me feel a little more secure :)

(for the technically inclined, here are more details on the API that's used: Tesla Model S JSON API · Apiary )

As for getting a token - this is one option: Tesla API Token Generator
Yes but these other developers describe in great detail how they manage and protect your keys. As a security exec I would encourage people to get detail on this to augment their "faith".

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
@mochouinard , Hi and thanks for everything you have done (& are doing)!

I am attempting to use the cool report I just found called
"Tesla Model S Charge Level : <car_name>" for my Model X at
https://teslalog.com/report_charge_level.html?car_id=###
and running into a couple issues.

1) 'Export Table Data' button creates an 'xlsx' named file but it appears to be 'hmtl'. I renamed it and could view it in my browser.
2) I can't seem to get anything other then 90% as an option on the report. If I change the option: "Change level showed to : 80%" the report never gets (re)generated. If I have it at 80% do a browser refresh then it just goes back to 80%.

Perhaps add a button that is 'Generate report' or the like once you change the charge level? TIA!

HJ7pDAa.jpg

@mochouinard
Perhaps add a button that is 'Generate report' or the like once you change the charge level? TIA!

Secret feature: if you text-select any graph in TeslaLog (click near the title and drag as to highlight the text of the graph including the labels), you can then paste the text of the data points into Excel or any text editor. (You may have to convert comas to dots as decimal separator in numbers.)

Does anyone know how to get Teslalog working? I have added my car and I have seen it working a few times yesterday, but now everything I try just results in a 'Loading' message. I have already tried 2 different internet connections (home and office), 2 computers (Windows and Linux) and 2 different browsers (Firefox and Chrome). But they all do the same thing, just give me a 'Loading' message in the browser.

Only the Garage/Cars List is working the first time after I log in, but if I want to check it a second time I have to log out first and then log in again, otherwise also that page just shows a 'Loading' message.

Edit: for some reason just posting this question seems to fix a few things, I can now see a log from my last trip. But everything in the Reports menu (such as Charge Level) still isn't working.

Edit 2: and it stopped working again...

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to get Teslalog working? I have added my car and I have seen it working a few times yesterday, but now everything I try just results in a 'Loading' message. I have already tried 2 different internet connections (home and office), 2 computers (Windows and Linux) and 2 different browsers (Firefox and Chrome). But they all do the same thing, just give me a 'Loading' message in the browser.

Only the Garage/Cars List is working the first time after I log in, but if I want to check it a second time I have to log out first and then log in again, otherwise also that page just shows a 'Loading' message.

Edit: for some reason just posting this question seems to fix a few things, I can now see a log from my last trip. But everything in the Reports menu (such as Charge Level) still isn't working.

Edit 2: and it stopped working again...
I think the developer of TeslaLog (@mochouinard ) stopped the development, at least for now. Hope he is back.

If you just want to keep track of your trips, TeslaFi could be for you, though it's not free. I was using both, but now TeslaFi only.

• Informative
Reactions: Paul Carter